Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,600 members, 7,941,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

My Relatives Shot, Wounded In Ekiti Bye-election - Olujimi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Relatives Shot, Wounded In Ekiti Bye-election - Olujimi (141 Views)

Ekiti Bye-election: 3 Persons Feared Killed in Olujimi's Polling Unit / Policewoman Killed As Ekiti Bye-Election Turns Bloody / Ekiti Election: Olujimi Join Eleka’s Rally At Adeyeye’s Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Relatives Shot, Wounded In Ekiti Bye-election - Olujimi by chianddora: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
Senator Biodun Olujimi (Ekiti South) has lamented voters who were killed or injured during last Saturday's by-election in the state were mostly her relatives.

She insisted the mayhem during the poll was meant to intimidate voters ahead of the 2023 elections in the state.

Olujimi told reporters in Abuja the exercise was generally peaceful until it turned bloody towards counting when some armed youths invaded the polling unit and started shooting with the aim of snatching the ballot boxes.

According to her: "The first person I saw with serious bullet wounds was a cousin of mine and as I was trying to ask for an ambulance, my attention was drawn to the youth corper and a female police officer and others and I was confused.

https://thenationonlineng.net/my-relatives-shot-wounded-in-ekiti-bye-election-olujimi/

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari Administration’s Esp Helped Nigeria Tackle Covid-19 Challenges - Osi / Ribald Presentation About China Africa Mulitnational Companies. Africa Entitleme / Argentine President Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.