Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Made Fraud So Popular? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Made Fraud So Popular? (1378 Views)

Cultism is so Popular on the Streets / Nigerian 'Yahoo' Boy Sentenced To Jail In UK Over Credit Card Fraud. Photo / Fraud Syndicates Including A Woman Arrested By RRS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
I recall meeting a friend in 2019 and in hushed tones, he told me how he needed my help starting a business from the proceeds he’d made via fraud! Honestly, there was no emotion from my end. He wasn’t even flaunting any gadget or his money at the time.

Then boom!

In the later part of 2020, fraud (a.k.a yahoo) became the new cool. 9 out 10 young Nigerians wear the hustle like a badge of honor. What about my modest yahoo friend?

He’s up on IG live or WhatsApp status every second flaunting a new ride or a new gadget or new vacation spot.
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Henrydonland(m): 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
cry cry cry me sef e tire me o because I can't just do Yahoo because I no say I no get mind for dat one.

I know that one day my legit hustle go pay.May jah answer my prayer.

8 Likes

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Bornsinner7: 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lol.. I guess social media is one of the factors that led to the rise.. WhatsApp status, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc..

Seeing people posting their lavish lifestyle made people jump into quick schemes to get money and yahoo was the order of the day..

Musicians were another facilitating medium as they always promoted it on their songs, paying respect to those who were already big in the crime .. singing about it and all

4 Likes

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
Henrydonland:
cry cry cry me sef e tire me o because I can't just do Yahoo because I no say I no get mind for dat one.

I know that one day my legit hustle go pay.May jah answer my prayer.

It’s so bad now that I can’t comfortably go to my hometown (don’t want to call the location but you know that very ugly short man’s state?)

If you’re not into fraud, young boys/girls plus the elderly will make you feel as if you no follow for life.

2 Likes

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by illicit(m): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
2019, 20 ke

Since early 2000s
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
illicit:
2019, 20 ke

Since early 2000s

The boom it got last year, 2020, in Nigeria is shocking!
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by illicit(m): 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
iamadonis2:

The boom it got last year, 2020, is shocking!

Yeah, during the lockdown, new initiates joined....
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
illicit:

Yeah, during the lockdown, new initiates joined....

Honestly it gets to me. I won’t lie. Boys that call me Egbon taking me to restaurants I know I can only grudgingly afford.

Or showing me Piggyvest e-wallets with tens of millions of naira. No hardwork or careful business planning. I won’t lie it gets to me.
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by illicit(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
iamadonis2:

Honestly it gets to me. I won’t lie. Boys that call me Egbon taking me to restaurants I know I can only grudgingly afford.

Or showing me Piggyvest e-wallets with tens of millions of naira. No hardwork or careful business planning. I won’t lie it gets to me.

To make it legit in Nigeria is really difficult....

4 Likes

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Extremefiles(m): 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by HarunaWest(m): 8:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
iamadonis2:

It’s so bad now that I can’t comfortably go to my hometown (don’t want to call the location but you know that very ugly short man’s state?)

If you’re not into fraud, young boys/girls plus the elderly will make you feel as if you no follow for life.
Fraud is never an option don't let it entice you..
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Enoch07: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
illicit:

To make it legit in Nigeria is really difficult....
almost impossible

3 Likes

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by quisera(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
The devaluation of the naira led to its proliferation. Any nigga wey pick small dollar na big man for street.
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by chymdyx(m): 11:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
It's called marketing! They marketed the idea. It's like the bet 9ja boom that year.
You hear this person won, that person won! But nobody tells you how many times they lost..and how many times they'll lose after that!
The problem is.. people who make cash in a legit way, don't flaunt it! They don't loud it!
I think they need to. Let people see say legit work still dey pay!
Anyways, if you wanna learn blogging, affiliate marketing, cpa marketing even drop shipping, if you are serious o!!
Quote me. I'll teach you for free!! Yes free! If you are serious and follow Instructions.
I mean, I never get yahoo money from blogging..but it's doing me well, I can't even lie.

4 Likes

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by tito44: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2021
Olu Maintain's YAHOOZEY made it popular.
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by 2shaw: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2021
Since lapy and isp became cheap. If to say dem dey sell lapy like 1m,modem 500k, gen 400k,iPhone x 3m. Tellme how many yahoo boys go dey
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by uthlaw: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
chymdyx:
It's called marketing! They marketed the idea. It's like the bet 9ja boom that year.
You hear this person won, that person won! But nobody tells you how many times they lost..and how many times they'll lose after that!
The problem is.. people who make cash in a legit way, don't flaunt it! They don't loud it!
Anyways, if you wanna learn blogging, affiliate marketing, cpa marketing even drop shipping, if you are serious o!!
Quote me. I'll teach you for free!! Yes free! If you are serious and follow Instructions.
I mean, I never get yahoo money from blogging..but it's doing me well, I can't even lie.
I have interest!

1 Like

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by lageko: 2:07am On Mar 26, 2021
chymdyx:
Interested

1 Like

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
2shaw:
Since lapy and isp became cheap. If to say dem dey sell lapy like 1m,modem 500k, gen 400k,iPhone x 3m. Tellme how many yahoo boys go dey

Na only upperclass for dey do am
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by UpdatesiOS147(m): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
iamadonis2:
I recall meeting a friend in 2019 and in hushed tones, he told me how he needed my help starting a business from the proceeds he’d made via fraud! Honestly, there was no emotion from my end. He wasn’t even flaunting any gadget or his money at the time.

Then boom!

In the later part of 2020, fraud (a.k.a yahoo) became the new cool. 9 out 10 young Nigerians wear the hustle like a badge of honor. What about my modest yahoo friend?

He’s up on IG live or WhatsApp status every second flaunting a new ride or a new gadget or new vacation spot.

Na why I Dey private and hide my status from
People too many monitoring spirit!
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2021
UpdatesiOS147:

Na why I Dey private and hide my status from
People too many monitoring spirit!

Chest-beater!
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Shukushaka: 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
It pays well.

1 Like

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by chymdyx(m): 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
uthlaw:
I have interest!
whatsapp me o81 3894 4282... let's begin
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by chymdyx(m): 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
lageko:

Interested
ok...whatsapp me o81 3894 4282... let's begin
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by UpdatesiOS147(m): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
iamadonis2:

Chest-beater!

Na my Chest why I no go beat ham
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Olodo24: 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
Peer pressure. It's not easy making it through legal means in Nigeria if you're not born with a silver spoon. They way my age mates and even younger ones showoff their possessions on social media really gets to me. Sometimes I feel depressed

1 Like

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by gonkin(m): 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
The exchange rate
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Emmadoc: 10:28am On Apr 10, 2021
chymdyx:

Chief, I want to learn that CPA and affiliate marketing oo... Bikonu

1 Like

Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Franzinni: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2021
The game is rigged against the youth ... This is the only way they can enjoy life while it still means anything ..

This old idiots ruling the country should know better but they too are busy doing yahoo in a very legit way ... If you can live with yourself after scamming someone who trusted you... Then by all means ... Keep it going ...

Karma no dey ever fail tho. I done test am and nah confirm
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2021
Olodo24:
Peer pressure. It's not easy making it through legal means in Nigeria if you're not born with a silver spoon. They way my age mates and even younger ones showoff their possessions on social media really gets to me. Sometimes I feel depressed

Brother, not just you
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2021
Franzinni:
The game is rigged against the youth ... This is the only way they can enjoy life while it still means anything ..

This old idiots ruling the country should know better but they too are busy doing yahoo in a very legit way ... If you can live with yourself after scamming someone who trusted you... Then by all means ... Keep it going ...

Karma no dey ever fail tho. I done test am and nah confirm

You were once part of the hustle and quit??
Re: What Made Fraud So Popular? by Franzinni: 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
iamadonis2:

You were once part of the hustle and quit??
nope but I have tested karma in other works of life ... It always comes back full circle ...never ever will it fail. And funny enough when it comes around, you will know what the origin of the misfortune is. You might deny for a bit but you will surely know.

I am too blessed to be a fraudulent person legit hustle comes with peace of mind ... Most yahoo boys have PTSD... They are always nervous and suspicious of everything... No peace.

Person wey say even if you have a 50 room mansion you will only sleep on one bed like the rest of us ...knows what they are talking about

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Discovers A Snake And 4 Cats Living In Her Car (Photos, Video) / Mother Survives Multiple Stabs From Son Attempting To Use Her For Rituals / Lady Beats A Man Thoroughly (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.