Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,232 members, 7,977,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:35 AM

Roger Federer The Greatest? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer The Greatest? (928 Views)

Novak Djokovic Beats Roger Federer To Win ATP World Title / Roger Federer Asks Martina Hingis To Be London Olympics 2012 Mixed Doubles Partn / Rafael Nadal Vs Roger Federer Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roger Federer The Greatest? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2007
Is there any tennis player capable of dethroning roger federer the 5th consecutive Wimbledon champion after defeating Rafael nadal 7-6 4-6 7-6 2-6 6-2 , Do we have any talented tennis player after nduka odizo to make nigeria proud?

Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by A40(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2007
I dont watch Male tennis no more Federer has made that game boring how can you win five straight titles its almost like all the other guys just go there to have a picnic
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2007
Yes he is good but if you watched that game closely it could easily have gone to Nadal in the 5th set. He had 4 break chances in the set which he failed to take and Federer punished him by taking his own first break chance since the first set.
If Nadal had taken just one of those break chances we would be singing a different tune now. Even Federer had to admit today was his lucky day.
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by RuuDie(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2007
Even d very best still need a stroke of luck evry now & then . . . Nadal can take sm solace 4rm dis, he's defntly gettin beta on grass & its only a matter of time . . . Very short time 2!
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by iice(f): 3:36am On Jul 09, 2007
Congrats to ma baby boo kiss kiss grin grin
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by topeorekoy(m): 7:30am On Jul 09, 2007
Roger Federer

CONFIRMED, SEALED AND DELIVERED. he will be the best for 5 years to come. the guy is simply the best or maybe he is using OKIJA grin
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by dayokanu(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2007
I think he would win the French Open in the next 2 years and become the greatest of all time even Sampras record is under threat
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by akins4(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2007
well, from my own perpective, federa is good and nothing more or less. see what that guy played yesterday now.
he is a world star. even if he wants to win it for a decade, let him carry on. let the other players sit down and look for his weak point.
because nadal almost got his weak point yesterday but at the end, federer killed him with his ACES.
so people should go and learn more.
or else, no one will break his record.
thanx
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by chuckdee4(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2007
A-40:

I don't watch Male tennis no more Federer has made that game boring how can you win five straight titles its almost like all the other guys just go there to have a picnic

At all o Federer might be dominating and winning almost everything in sight but u can't fault his technique and ability, he's the one player i would break my piggy bank to go and see, his tennis is like an art. if the rest can't keep up na their wahala, Nadal tried though but experience prevailed in the end. Federer had a way of raising his game which makes u feel like he was only joking around with u previously
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by iice(f): 10:57am On Jul 09, 2007
chuckdee4:

his tennis is like an art.

Poetry even grin
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by jayjaylux(m): 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2007
I agree he's d best but wait till rafael nadal outwits him, it's gonna happen sooner dan later, watch out 4 d young madridista's reign
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by dinozzo(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2007
True Nadal is gonna catch up soon.
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by chuckdee4(m): 10:40am On Aug 01, 2007
Make no mistake Federer's game will also improve, the only way Nadal will really dominate him is when age starts to tell on him
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by jayjaylux(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2007
chuckdee4:

Make no mistake Federer's game will also improve, the only way Nadal will really dominate him is when age starts to tell on him

You can say dat again, when they both met in 2006 wimbledon, it was nt close as it was dis yr, nadal succumbed 2 injury. nw dat's a sign
Re: Roger Federer The Greatest? by ladebi(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2007
Federer is the best for now but the next two years will be Nadals.

(1) (Reply)

Who Arsenal Should Buy / Super Eagle To Play With More Than 11 Players Of Black Star Of Ghana. / No Chelsea Player In Pfa Team Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.