Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,827 members, 7,876,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury (19627 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II's Funeral, period of mourning gulped £162m - UK Treasury / Wally Adeyemo: Taliban Won't Be Allowed Access To Afghan Central Bank Reserves / Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Adedward(m): 7:19am On Mar 26, 2021
jeyem:
Please how does this people get all this connection! Congratulation mr adeyemo
that is what they call Mercy, and it's only come from almighty God, I prayed for something like this Mercy from God o, and for my children, am happy for u my blood brother,
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Eriokanmi: 7:19am On Mar 26, 2021
Na so so old people full our government. How do you expect miracle in our economic policies. Lai Muhammed has been caught sleeping several times during meetings. How can someone like him perform in office he's occupying? When a leader is sleeping, what do you expect of his followers? We must get it right come 2023, or we remain at same point or even slide.

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by thundafire: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2021
He is not a Nigerian but a full blood American. Let's stop claiming wat we don't deserve. If he was in Nigeria such opportunity wouldn't be seen by him

1 Like

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Eriokanmi: 7:23am On Mar 26, 2021
jeyem:
Please how does this people get all this connection! Congratulation mr adeyemo
nothing like connection. In a sane clime, merit works, not connection. If you owned a company and employed your family members who know nothing, or you employ incapable hands, that company would collapse. Nigeria, just like every other country can be likened to a company or establishment. What we see today befallen us, is caused by bad employment into various government offices by successive governments. 2023 is near. Make the right choice

1 Like

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2021
Adedward:
that is what they call Mercy, and it's only come from almighty God, I prayed for something like this Mercy from God o, and for my children, am happy for u my blood brother,
o boy the man position no be small o if u know who Yellen is in the financial world.

Imagine deputizing Janet Yellen.

My broda it is only meritocracy that can make this happen with the mercy of God too.
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by oloshun(m): 7:28am On Mar 26, 2021
shadeyinka:
I still wonder the possibility in Nigeria of having our Minister of State of Science and Technology originally from Cameroon AND Chairman Security and Exchange Commission originally form Ghana.

Our Multiethnic nature prevents using the best for the job and it also promote nepotism.

Is any solution to this feasible?

We need to first be ready to understand that he Nigeria born out of colonization is a failed effort and a failed State. I see it as a forced marriage in the sense that, you look at it this way, there have always been ethnic tensions right from inception. Suspicious couples should not marry in the first place because it will end in divorce. This is what Niger is facing. In the other hand, if we decide to be together, then we must be ready to start afresh by discarding the clueless constitution that hold no water. A N50 notebook is more useful than Nigeria construction. Then let there be constitution commission by representations that will draft constitution of merit, inclusion, diversity, belonging, equality and fairness and not based on discretion.
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Oracleforce: 7:29am On Mar 26, 2021
ChiefOloye:
He should come to Nigeria and take the Finance Minister potifolio, he will at least help in salvaging the worthless Naira

You want these corrupt politicians to come and spoilt his reputation...

Let him come to his own peril
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by AfonjaConehead: 7:31am On Mar 26, 2021
ChiefOloye:
He should come to Nigeria and take the Finance Minister potifolio, he will at least help in salvaging the worthless Naira

See!! People like you are part of the problem in naija.

He should come and be finance minister...finance minister under a buhari!!!! And when he initiates a policy that favours the country but not the north in particular,you think the mafia will follow it!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by SenecaTheYonger: 7:46am On Mar 26, 2021
farano:
Handsome man with brain cool

This is the first thing you’ve said since 2020
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by izubext007: 8:08am On Mar 26, 2021
this is what I call GOOD NEWS
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 26, 2021
shadeyinka:

My standard of comparison was USA. China doesn't even do that...or do you know any non-chinese professional in their Government?

So should we follow the US in everything?

Jobs for Nigerians first, everyone else last.
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by shadeyinka(m): 8:19am On Mar 26, 2021
Subsidybad21:

So should we follow the US in everything?

Jobs for Nigerians first, everyone else last.
You are misunderstanding me.

I hope Nigeria will come to a point where quota system and nepotism will not be the yardstick for job placement or political appointments. I hope for a Nigeria where excellence, dedication, hardworking and character will be yardstick for every appointment
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by shadeyinka(m): 8:23am On Mar 26, 2021
oloshun:

We need to first be ready to understand that he Nigeria born out of colonization is a failed effort and a failed State. I see it as a forced marriage in the sense that, you look at it this way, there have always been ethnic tensions right from inception. Suspicious couples should not marry in the first place because it will end in divorce. This is what Niger is facing. In the other hand, if we decide to be together, then we must be ready to start afresh by discarding the clueless constitution that hold no water. A N50 notebook is more useful than Nigeria construction. Then let there be constitution commission by representations that will draft constitution of merit, inclusion, diversity, belonging, equality and fairness and not based on discretion.
I understand the frustrations caused by a multiethnic marriage that is further stressed by Nepotism and Corruption. If qualified Nigerians are denied sensitive position in the name of quota system and nepotism, one wonders what will befall people of other nationalities. Our political leaders at the top are avoiding a need for a referendum
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by shadeyinka(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2021
ppforte:

They are Americans & working for America....
The problem is that a Benue man irrespective of if he was born and bred in Anambra is never considered as from Anambra. A Kano man who can't even speak a word of Hausa but Yoruba will be told the story of his life if he dares attempt anything higher in Oyo state

1 Like

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by shadeyinka(m): 8:34am On Mar 26, 2021
9jaRealist:

The CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA from 1975-1979, Sir Darnley Alexander, was from St. Lucia in the Caribbean.
>
That's a little Ng time ago. My issue is actually that when sensitive government appointments are given by Nepotism and quota system instead of excellence through dedication and hardworking how great our future is threatened
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by davle: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

No. He is completely inexperienced about our challenges so he should stay there and deal with the problems his loyalty, brain and training can cope with because he has no loyalty to us, no sound brain knowledge of our problems, and we are not running a $27 Trillion debt economy fuelled by buying junk bonds of even dead companies with tax payers money, or cheating other nations by minting more currency while telling other nations not to do same. So he will fail just like the way Dr Mrs Okonjo-Iweala failed, neocolonialism failed and China blossomed over the US and their western partners.

We made same mistake then by 'importing' Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from the West to become the Finance Minister and till date, her most notable achievement in her national public service is helping the West recieve back with interest their dodgy opaque loans they purportedly loaned to us but which still found their ways back into their corrupt banks. Dr Okonjo-Iweala knew this as a VP then in WB but her loyalty is first to the West.

Yet by the time Dr Okonjo-Iweala left office, almost all our foreign reserve stolen , almost all the states could not pay salaries for months with civil servants dying despite FG borrowing billions to pay ghost workers and the country driven into and left there by Dr Okonjo-Iweala in the worst economic recession in our modern history yet a little known and globally less or un- decorated ex-commissioner was appointed from Ogun state and she worked hard, excellently and patriotically to reverse everything; cleaned all the disastrous economic mess Dr Okonjo-Iweala left behind as Minister of finance; her name is Mrs Kemi Adeosun. No world bank ex-this or that, no MITT certificate or training and no loyalty to the West..

My point is that the solution to our problems lie within. You don't need an American-Nigerian to teach you to be patriotic and loyal to Nigeria your nation or that if you grow in righteousness, your fervent prayer for peace and progress of your country and blessing your country every morning like some of us do ,availeth much. If you are not blessing Nigeria or adding value to Nigeria, you are not a blessing to Nigeria.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.
For your information, Kemi Adeosun was also imported material

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by PoloG: 9:06am On Mar 26, 2021
I hope you all can read that he is black american and not african
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Burgerlomo: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2021
Congratulations cool

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by TheNeededShock(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2021
The Yoruba man moves forwards and onwards.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by TheNeededShock(m): 9:49am On Mar 26, 2021
Adedward:

Lol it's mercy and also blackrock, a multi billion dollar investment bank and one of the largest in the world and biggest borrower to the United States....wally was a senior advisor and also sat on their board before his nomination, and also influenced some investment decisions made in nigeria by the bank. Blackrock is a big sponsor of the DNC and the Biden campaign....so it's a combination of mercy and other factors.
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by lanre9ja(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2021
when it comes to making Nigeria proud outside the country, any tribe aside from yoruba and igbo.
hause has never been mention outside unless using the influence of their political elite to gain
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Adedward(m): 11:07am On Mar 26, 2021
Am happy for him,
TheNeededShock:

Lol it's mercy and also blackrock, a multi billion dollar investment bank and one of the largest in the world and biggest borrower to the United States....wally was a senior advisor and also sat on their board before his nomination, and also influenced some investment decisions made in nigeria by the bank. Blackrock is a big sponsor of the DNC and the Biden campaign....so it's a combination of mercy and other factors.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Ehinjuola: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2021
One day I shall be exhorted to the world like Mr. Adeyemi and co. Amen!
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by Tinyemeka(m): 11:09am On Mar 26, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen hails Wally's confirmation

Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen

Adeyemo was one of three Nigerian-Americans (alongside Funmi Olorunnipa Badejo and Osaremen Okolo), tapped by then President-elect Joe Biden to serve in his Government.

He was senior international economic adviser in the Barack Obama administration.

See BIO

His name is Adewale Adeyemo for goodness sakes!

What does Wally mean?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by amuwo1980: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
teebaxy:
No but its obvious yours is rusted
See a dr fast for your Alzheimer is progressing fast, see the sun downing u just had , I mean nothing cud explain such senility , must be a pockmarked brain
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by amuwo1980: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
davle:

For your information, Kemi Adeosun was also imported material
Don’t mind the numb skulled fool, tribalism have eroded any brain cells in him
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by calcal: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
Mr. Adeyemo, are you from Igboho, the western region of Nigeria?
Re: U.S. Senate Confirms Adeyemo As Deputy Secretary Of The Treasury by AlphaSoul: 7:25am On Mar 29, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen hails Wally's confirmation

Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen

Adeyemo was one of three Nigerian-Americans (alongside Funmi Olorunnipa Badejo and Osaremen Okolo), tapped by then President-elect Joe Biden to serve in his Government.

He was senior international economic adviser in the Barack Obama administration.

See BIO
Yeah! Wale Adeyemo... we were expecting this.

Mad cool... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia, North Korea Sign Mutual Military Deal To Assist Each Other If Attacked / Nigerian Woman Cries Out After Buying Fake Blue Band(video) / Nevada Supreme Court Rejects Trump Campaign's Appeal, Affirms Biden's Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.