Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,753 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:23 AM

Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? (1455 Views)

This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins / Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? / 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

Understanding is the Key to unlocking the True Meanings and Interpretation of the words of the Bible.

And the Primary Understanding is (against everyone else's feeling or thinking, God CAN NOT AND NEVER COMMAND THE DOING OF A BAD THING!

If you hold this thinking in mind, all the messages in the Bible will be Settled!

Also, the Use of A Good Bible (KJV) is most Necessary

For what The Lord Clearly Commanded was
"If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, (whom we call boyfriend today) and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; (Another man oh, not her boyfriend)

At this point is she not guilty of the offence of whoredom and cheating? what you people today call "a hoe, slay mama, these bitches ain't loyal?" And all those shiits!

Which boyfriend will not be happy to see that bitch killed and say that just-is has been served on her? Please do not bother lying here for our guys in romance section are witnesses)

Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city (Because she did not resist and therefore she was NOT RAPED!); [Judgement 1] and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife:[Judgement 2] so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

As I said the guys in Romance Section Prove the Justness and Rightness of this Law!

And as you see No Rape Occurred!

And as you see, The Lord does not Command The Doing of Any Bad Thing!
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

In my opinion, the law is not totally just concerning rape victims ( who can marry the rapist afterwards), slaves, women, etc.'

As you can see yourself, you do not understand The Law and Its Perfect and Accurate Just-Is!
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Understanding is the Key to unlocking the True Meanings and Interpretation of the words of the Bible.

And the Primary Understanding is (against everyone else's feeling or thinking, God CAN NOT AND NEVER COMMAND THE DOING OF A BAD THING!

If you hold this thinking in mind, all the messages in the Bible will be Settled!

Also, the Use of A Good Bible (KJV) is most Necessary

For what The Lord Clearly Commanded was
"If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, (whom we call boyfriend today) and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; (Another man oh, not her boyfriend)

At this point is she not guilty of the offence of whoredom and cheating? what you people today call "a hoe, slay mama, these bitches ain't loyal?" And all those shots!

Which boyfriend will not be happy to see that bitch killed and say that just-is has been served on her? Please do not bother lying here for our guys in romance section are witnesses)

Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city (Because she did not resist and therefore she was NOT RAPED!); [Judgement 1] and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife:[Judgement 2] so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

As I said the guys in Romance Section Prove the Justness and Rightness of this Law!

And as you see No Rape Occurred!

And as you see, The Lord does not Command The Doing of Any Bad Thing!
Interesting! What of this one:

Leveticus 21v9 ( KJV)
And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Interesting! What of this one:

Leveticus 21v9 ( KJV)
And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

Daughter of A Priest of God, commiting the Offence of Whoredom! (Let this weight sink in first)

Then consider this, The Direct And God Appointed Representative of God on earth, his daughter is a Wh.ore! (Let this sink too)

I am sure, you do not know that the implication is that HOLY God's Daughter is A Wh.ore! (You know I will say let it sink so I won't say it again after now)

Therefore, God's Daughter is A wh.ore and Shall it be Allowed that God did Nothing about it?

Surely, No, For The Lord must not be put to shame, scorn and ridicule.

For, if His Daughter is a Wh.ore and He did nothing about it, then how shall He be Just and Right to Command other people's daughters to stop whoring?

So why should any wh.ore anywhere be condemned for whoring, when God's Own Daughter Wh.ores and He Did Nothing about it?

Besides being A Priest he is Also A Judge, so on what basis will be have a Right to Judge and remedy others for their own Wrong Doing, when his own Wrongdoing has not been remedied?

Now, I am sure you can see how Great and Far reaching the consequences and effects of that Law and it's failure thereof!

And The Rightness of The Law!
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Daughter of A Priest of God, commiting the Offence of Whoredom! (Let this weight sink in first)

Then consider this, The Direct And God Appointed Representative of God on earth, his daughter is a Wh.ore! (Let this sink too)

I am sure, you do not know that the implication is that HOLY God's Daughter is A Wh.ore! (You know I will say let it sink so I won't say it again after now)

Therefore, God's Daughter is A wh.ore and Shall it be Allowed that God did Nothing about it?

Surely, No, For The Lord must not be put to shame, scorn and ridicule.

For, if His Daughter is a Wh.ore and He did nothing about it, then how shall He be Just and Right to Command other people's daughters to stop whoring?

So why should any wh.ore anywhere be condemned for whoring, when God's Own Daughter Wh.ores and He Did Nothing about it?

Besides being A Priest he is Also A Judge, so on what basis will be have a Right to Judge and remedy others for their own Wrong Doing, when his own Wrongdoing has not been remedied?

Now, I am sure you can see how Great and Far reaching the consequences and effects of that Law and it's failure thereof!

And The Rightness of The Law!
If you are a priest, and your only daughter all of a sudden played the LovePeddler, would you burn her alive? Just answer yes or no.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

If you are a priest, and your only daughter all of a sudden played the LovePeddler, would you burn her alive? Just answer yes or no.

After all I said, is the Answer not obviously yes?

She is Actually His Daughter, I am just her boarding school!

Also, it is my willful intention to never ever commit Adam's Mistake, Same for Moses, Saul and many others which is the mistake of choosing their fellow man or woman over, above and beyond God.

NEVER, WILL I!
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

After all I said, is the Answer not obviously yes?

She is Actually His Daughter, I am just her boarding school!

Also, it is my willful intention to never ever commit Adam's Mistake, Same for Moses, Saul and many others which is the mistake of choosing their fellow man or woman over, above and beyond God.

NEVER, WILL I!
Hmm, its okay. At least you are honest and now I know you are ready to completely go back to Mosaic Law, but for me I am okay with the golden rule and the teachings of christ. I don't think I need the laws of Moses to serve God.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
DappaD:
OP doesn’t believe that a human could actually “atone” for the sins of other humans but he will gladly accept that the blood of bulls and goats(lower life forms) will serve a similar purpose?

How did you figure that out from the initial write up?

Animal sacrifice where for unintentional sins. For others you must sincerely confess and forsake...and do charity..

The animal has to be a she goat or lamb, without blemish. It must be killed and burnt...the sacrifice must be performed by a preist..NOT ROMAN SOLDIERS..
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Hmm, its okay. At least you are honest and now I know you are ready to completely go back to Mosaic Law, but for me I am okay with the golden rule and the teachings of christ. I don't think I need the laws of Moses to serve God.

Hmmm..so you are regecting Gods divine laws for man made laws, hmm who do you think is the judge?.

God laws are the 10 commandments...the rest are just customs and traditions of the jews. They where given to only the jews.

But as we are all children of Noah(contextually speaking) we have the noahide laws for the rest of man kind. They are 7 of them...
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
Has God at any time asked for a human sacrifice as a sin sacrifice ? Never.
He only approved animal sacrifice for unintentional sins.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2021
sonmvayina:

Hmmm..so you are regecting Gods divine laws for man made laws, hmm who do you think is the judge?.

God laws are the 10 commandments...the rest are just customs and traditions of the jews. They where given to only the jews.

But as we are all children of Noah(contextually speaking) we have the noahide laws for the rest of man kind. They are 7 of them...
Ok so answer me, if you were a priest in those days and your only daughter at once played the LovePeddler, would you burn her?
Also tell me what is so special about the ten commandments or Nohahide laws that Jesus or others ( you call man made) have not given us?
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
sonmvayina:
Has God at any time asked for a human sacrifice as a sin sacrifice ? Never.
He only approved animal sacrifice for unintentional sins.
Whether unintentional or intentional, sin is sin. You are not usually consistent when you defend the old testament.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by donnie(m): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
You pretend to be against the sacrifice that YAHUAH did but many of you traditionalists practice human sacrifice till tomorrow.

For example, Oba of Benin is dead as we speak. They have refused to announce it so that they can harvest enough heads to bury along with him before announcing. Yeye dey smell...

YAH stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son Isaac and it was counted as though the boy had already been sacrificed and raised back to life (Hebrews 11:19).

So you are saying Abraham outgave the Most High? He gave his only begotten son and YAH couldn't give His own son? He must be greater than TMH then. undecided
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by donnie(m): 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
Eternal life is tied to The Most High YAH and keeping his commandments brings us into this life.

Matthew 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

The reason belief in the MESSIAH brings you into life is because through faith in him and in his work you receive the Spirit of YAH which causes you to keep the Commandments.

The false white Messiah who cancelled the fathers laws is a fraud and cannot bring anyone into life...neither can he lead in the way salvation.

The true MESSIAH brings us into rememberance of who we are as ISOLELE/Israel and unto OBEDIENCE of his laws statutes and commandments.

In the end, all the praise and glory belongs to the Most High YAH.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by orunto27: 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
Only if God says so and demands it.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Whether unintentional or intentional, sin is sin. You are not usually consistent when you defend the old testament.
Your thought and his thought are not the same..
I have always....
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

The need to burn a lamb for one's sin came from a fabricated concept that the Jewish service of sacrifices to Eloh-m in the Holy Temple brought them forgiveness from sin. This is false, and it is a distortion of the true meaning of the Hebrew Scriptures.

Yes, blood sacrifices of kosher livestock are commanded by Eloh-m, but exclusively for the Jewish people -- and we're not Jewish. And that commandment applies only when the Jewish Holy Temple is built and functioning in its assigned place in Jerusalem. During times when the Holy Temple is temporarily destroyed, the Jewish service of the blood sacrifices is temporarily suspended, and PRAYERS takes their place, as instructed to the Jews by Eloh-m through Hoshea 14:3 – “We will render the PRAYER OF OUR LIPS IN PLACE OF the sacrifice of bulls.”
The Leviticus chapters 1-3 have NOTHING TO DO WITH “sin” or “guilt” offerings either. Those chapters only speak about “burnt” offerings, which are BROUGHT AS ''WORSHIP OFFERINGS'' to Eloh-m. That also happens to be the only category of sacrifices that Eloh-m accepts from Non-Jews as a form of worship, and for them as well, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH SINS AND FORGIVENESS. Kindly see Genesis 8:20, that Noah (a righteous Non-Jew) sacrificed kosher animals in worship to Eloh-m, and he was a righteous man who had no sins, as testified by the Hebrew Scriptures in Genesis 6:9.
Leviticus chapter 4 speaks about the so-called “sin” offering as it is translated in English, but the Hebrew term “hatas” (mistranslated as a generic “sin”) means only an *unintentional* (accidental) sin (see Lev. 4:2), for which the Jewish person is not liable to any punishment from G-d or from a Jewish court on earth, because it happened by accident!
The various categories of so-called “guilt” offerings are also almost exclusively for *unintentional* (accidental) sins (Lev. 4:22,27; 5:15,17,18), for which the Jewish person is not liable to any punishment from a Jewish court on earth or from Eloh-m. Those offerings apply if a Jew doesn’t even know if he sinned accidentally, but he became aware that maybe he sinned accidentally.
Liability to punishment by Eloh-m only applies for sins that are committed deliberately (the literal translation of the Hebrew term is “treacherously”). There are no sacrifices (neither “burnt” offerings, “sin” offerings or “guilt” offerings) prescribed to obtain G-d’s forgiveness for a sin that was committed deliberately. What is required is PERSONAL SINCERE PRAYERS OF CONFESSION AND REPENTANCE to the One Eloh-m alone. See Numbers 5:6 (where there is no mention of a need for any blood sacrifice because it only talks about a deliberate sin, for which a person is liable for punishment by Eloh-m).
Please carefully study Psalm 51, which is King David’s prayer of confession and repentance for a deliberate error, for which Eloh-m does NOT specify NOR WANTany blood sacrifices. Rather, Eloh-m only looks for the sinner’s PERSONAL REPENTANCE (see Psalms 51:18,19).
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Ok so answer me, if you were a priest in those days and your only daughter at once played the LovePeddler, would you burn her?
Also tell me what is so special about the ten commandments or Nohahide laws that Jesus or others ( you call man made) have not given us?

If Gods laws says so....why not...why invent the jesus. If God already gave us petfect laws?
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
sonmvayina:

If Gods laws says so....why not...why invent the jesus. If God already gave us petfect laws?
You call that a perfect law? oh my gosh.
What criteria makes them God's Laws?
So if you are a priest, you would burn your promiscuous daughter alive all in the name of a so called God?
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
It is well stated..

Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

And all the teachings of Christ are the Instructions of The Law, if you doubt raise up any Teaching of The Lord and See if I would not raise out its corresponding Law!
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And all the teachings of Christ are the Instructions of The Law, if you doubt raise up any Teaching of The Lord and See if I would not raise out its corresponding Law!
Then why do you still need the entire law? what is in the law that christ has not given us?
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

There are 613 mitvahs...i guess you are already keeping some of them without even knowing...

Each for the number of bones in our body...

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-613-mitzvot-commandments
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Then why do you still need the entire law? what is in the law that christ has not given us?

Why invent jesus?.
The creators of the jesus figure know those laws, they put those words in jesus mouth. A writter can make his character say anything..
God has already given mankind his laws thousands of years before the supposed time of jesus...

People where already keeping the laws..and God was finding them righteous..like cyrus, nebochadnezzer, and the prophets and kings..
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2021
sonmvayina:

The need to burn a lamb for one's sin came from a fabricated concept that the Jewish service of sacrifices to Eloh-m in the Holy Temple brought them forgiveness from sin. This is false, and it is a distortion of the true meaning of the Hebrew Scriptures.

Yes, blood sacrifices of kosher livestock are commanded by Eloh-m, but exclusively for the Jewish people -- and we're not Jewish. And that commandment applies only when the Jewish Holy Temple is built and functioning in its assigned place in Jerusalem. During times when the Holy Temple is temporarily destroyed, the Jewish service of the blood sacrifices is temporarily suspended, and PRAYERS takes their place, as instructed to the Jews by Eloh-m through Hoshea 14:3 – “We will render the PRAYER OF OUR LIPS IN PLACE OF the sacrifice of bulls.”
The Leviticus chapters 1-3 have NOTHING TO DO WITH “sin” or “guilt” offerings either. Those chapters only speak about “burnt” offerings, which are BROUGHT AS ''WORSHIP OFFERINGS'' to Eloh-m. That also happens to be the only category of sacrifices that Eloh-m accepts from Non-Jews as a form of worship, and for them as well, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH SINS AND FORGIVENESS. Kindly see Genesis 8:20, that Noah (a righteous Non-Jew) sacrificed kosher animals in worship to Eloh-m, and he was a righteous man who had no sins, as testified by the Hebrew Scriptures in Genesis 6:9.
Leviticus chapter 4 speaks about the so-called “sin” offering as it is translated in English, but the Hebrew term “hatas” (mistranslated as a generic “sin”) means only an *unintentional* (accidental) sin (see Lev. 4:2), for which the Jewish person is not liable to any punishment from G-d or from a Jewish court on earth, because it happened by accident!
The various categories of so-called “guilt” offerings are also almost exclusively for *unintentional* (accidental) sins (Lev. 4:22,27; 5:15,17,18), for which the Jewish person is not liable to any punishment from a Jewish court on earth or from Eloh-m. Those offerings apply if a Jew doesn’t even know if he sinned accidentally, but he became aware that maybe he sinned accidentally.
Liability to punishment by Eloh-m only applies for sins that are committed deliberately (the literal translation of the Hebrew term is “treacherously”). There are no sacrifices (neither “burnt” offerings, “sin” offerings or “guilt” offerings) prescribed to obtain G-d’s forgiveness for a sin that was committed deliberately. What is required is PERSONAL SINCERE PRAYERS OF CONFESSION AND REPENTANCE to the One Eloh-m alone. See Numbers 5:6 (where there is no mention of a need for any blood sacrifice because it only talks about a deliberate sin, for which a person is liable for punishment by Eloh-m).
Please carefully study Psalm 51, which is King David’s prayer of confession and repentance for a deliberate error, for which Eloh-m does NOT specify NOR WANTany blood sacrifices. Rather, Eloh-m only looks for the sinner’s PERSONAL REPENTANCE (see Psalms 51:18,19).
Whatever the case, the fact still remains that your Yaweh commanded his people to practice sacrifice in a temple for whatever reason and it was about deliverance of sin ( unintentional or intentional). I have told you severally that the method prescribed by Jesus for the forgiveness of sins is that we repent and forgive others who trespass against us.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2021
sonmvayina:

Why invent jesus?.

God has already given mankind his laws thousands of years before the supposed time of jesus...

People where already keeping the laws..and God was finding them righteous..like cyrus, nebochadnezzer, and the prophets and kings..
But Jesus has done nothing wrong, instead he has made the laws better by his teachings.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Whatever the case, the fact still remains that your Yaweh commanded his people to practice sacrifice in a temple for whatever reason and it was about deliverance of sin ( unintentional or intentional). I have told you severally that the method prescribed by Jesus for the forgiveness of sins is that we repent and forgive others who trespass against us.

The creators of the jesus character put those words in jesus's mouth.. Jesus never existed in real life...

He is not the promised messiah, neither is he a prophet.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

But Jesus has done nothing wrong, instead he has made the laws better by his teachings.

If he actually existed....but the creators put those words in his mouth..
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
sonmvayina:

If he actually existed....but the creators put those words in his mouth..
Then the creators did a good job, a better job than the creators of Moses actually.
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by sonmvayina(m): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

Then the creators did a good job, a better job than the creators of Moses actually.

Then you really dont know what God is and is not...i guess we should start there..
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2021
YHWH's Old Covenant laws apply ONLY to those who are of the blood of Jacob , and the foreigners living in the land of Canaan. So anyone who does not meet that criteria is thoroughly deceived in much the same way that Christians who live according to the Old Covenant laws are. undecided
Re: Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? by GeneralDae: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
sonmvayina:

Then you really dont know what God is and is not...i guess we should start there..
So you are saying the creators of Moses knew God better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"In The Realm Of The Occult, The Highest Form Of Stupidity Is Atheism" / What Is Climate Change? / Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.