Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,708 members, 7,889,242 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:37 AM

Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail (2047 Views)

FG To Construct Coastal Rail That Will Terminate In Onitsha / FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. / American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Aconomist: 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
Despite his flaws, Buhari is one of the best presidents in Nigeria's history in terms of infrastructure. And the completion of the Nigeria coastal rail, will cement his legacy as a man who didn't let tribalism cloud his judgement.

The second image shows where the Lagos state government plans to connect the Lekki free trade zone to the national rail network. This will be crucial to the success of the Dangote refinery and the new Lekki Port. The rail will also be connected to Benin and Onitsha and open up the tourism industry in Calabar and Obudu to millions of domestic tourists all over the country.

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Simplyleo: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
I'm asking for the last time: what did Pdpeeg do in the whole of their 16 yrs rule?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Aconomist: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
Simplyleo:
I'm asking for the last time: what did Pdpeeg do in the whole of their 16 yrs rule?
Nothing. Bro whenever I think of GEJ I am filled with rage. Thunder fire that ape.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by eagleu: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
Please publish map of the railway going from Kano to Buhari's hometown in Niger republic, instead of this unrealistic map.

4 Likes

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by NwaNimo1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2021

5 Likes

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Trimjos: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
Simplyleo:

Typing from Benin Republic IDP camp

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Aconomist: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
eagleu:
Please publish map of the railway going from Kano to Buhari's hometown in Niger republic, instead of this unrealistic map.
I won't waste time on that meaningless project.
Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by anurd1991: 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
U don't know anything except IDP, what's the meaning of that?

Trimjos:

Typing from Benin Republic IDP camp
Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by PHAYOL81: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
This administration may not have been able to solve the security crisis in the country particularly in the north but in infrastructural development, they're working. Rail now working again, many modular refineries built, improvement in Agricultural output, more interstate roads reconstructed, economically sustainable bilateral agreements signed et all.
Nigeria will work again if we continue on our developmental focus and strides.
God bless Nigeria
God bless the South West Nigeria
God bless Lagos State
God bless all Yorubaland
Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by kettykin: 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
is there really need for a coastal rail , this will be the worst white elephant project every know to mankind, why build a coastal rail where as you need is to make the sea ports in the Niger delta navigable all your round , it seems these folks dont know what to do with money again.

if it is a rail line to link benin city with calabar and Port Harcout , i can understand but what sense does it make to link lagos to Port harcourt and calabar where as there is a sea port in Lagos and another Sea Port in calabar and PH
Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Vulcanheph(m): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
2023 is around the corner, they have realized that they need the support of the South and have started making promises that will never be fulfilled.... If truly they wanted to do a project like this, they would have started immediately after reelection.
I would only believe what a Nigerian politician promises after he has finished doing it.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Aconomist: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
kettykin:
is there really need for a coastal rail , this will be the worst white elephant project every know to mankind, why build a coastal rail where as you need is to make the sea ports in the Niger delta navigable all your round , it seems these folks dont know what to do with money again.

if it is a rail line to link benin city with calabar and Port Harcout , i can understand but what sense does it make to link lagos to Port harcourt and calabar where as there is a sea port in Lagos and another Sea Port in calabar and PH
Your reasoning is very low. Everything isn't about ports. Do you want Nigeria to remain an import dependent nation forever? What about the goods they are manufacturing in lagos -- should they not sell them in the East and vice versa for the goods manufactured in places like Nnewi? What about tourists, etc.
Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Collins9156(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
They re here, just avoid them and use ur time wisely.
Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by kettykin: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
Aconomist:
Your reasoning is very low. Everything isn't about ports. Do you want Nigeria to remain an import dependent nation forever? What about the goods they are manufacturing in lagos -- should they not sell them in the East? What about tourists, etc.
you are the person with negative reasoning and myopic vision, the rail lines they are building with borrowed money and the rails they have already built are not viable enough to pay back for the borrowed funds and you are supporting another white elephant borrowing because Lagos factories dont have any where to sell their goods and cannot move them via the sea to other parts of the world and eastern part of the country but must use rails
Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by wwwihy: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
Aconomist:
Despite his flaws, Buhari is one of the best presidents in Nigeria's history in terms of infrastructure. And the completion of the Nigeria coastal rail, will cement his legacy as a man who didn't let tribalism cloud his judgement.

The second image shows where the Lagos state government plans to connect the Lekki free trade zone to the national rail network. This will be crucial to the success of the Dangote refinery and the new Lekki Port. The rail will also be connected to Benin and Onitsha and open up the tourism industry in Calabar and Obudu to millions of domestic tourists all over the country.
God Bless Aconomist

Although I normally disagree with your approach of presenting your opinion...kudos for always being fair in your assessment which are based on issues not personalities.

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by Aconomist: 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
kettykin:

you are the person with negative reasoning and myopic vision, the rail lines they are building with borrowed money and the rails they have already built are not viable enough to pay back for the borrowed funds and you are supporting another white elephant borrowing because Lagos factories dont have any where to sell their goods and cannot move them via the sea to other parts of the world and eastern part of the country but must use rails
I agree with you that borrowing dollars to fund infrastructure is dangerous. By now we should have a local company that can accept naira to do projects like this. A superhighway made of cement would also make better financial sense, but this is better than nothing.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Buhari's Coastal Rail by jcflex(m): 10:27am On May 03
Aconomist:
I agree with you that borrowing dollars to fund infrastructure is dangerous. By now we should have a local company that can accept naira to do projects like this. A superhighway made of cement would also make better financial sense, but this is better than nothing.

Hmmmmmmmm, And this is where we are at the moment, the power of critical thinking

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Old Newspaper: I Don't Believe In One Nigeria - Bola Tinubu / BREAKING!! Check Out Security As INEC Stake Holders Hold Meeting In Anambra / IPOB Terrorists Murdered The Youth Leader Of The Town At Ogidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.