Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,519 members, 7,881,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:33 AM

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins (24674 Views)

Why Onitsha Is Not An Igboland, It Belongs To Benins / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship / Benins Were The First Educated Nigerians. Dr Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2021
gregyboy:
[s]Thr idiot Tao11

Made them pull down the beautiful political thread for Oduduwa republic when her brothers invited her madness into the thread

The thread has been deleted a thread than was spamming 30 pages under 3 days

I exposed alot there probably that's what got a yoruba mod to bring the page down[/s]
LMAO at the bolded.

If wishes were horses, my Benin slave would ride. grin

You are a disgrace to your self and your people.

2 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 07, 2021
gregyboy:
Thr idiot Tao11

Made them pull down the beautiful political thread for Oduduwa republic when her brothers invited her madness into the thread

The thread has been deleted a thread than was spamming 30 pages under 3 days

I exposed alot there probably that's what got a yoruba mod to bring the page down

I saw how you were schooling the transgender, of course they had to pull the plug on the thread. One of the lies of the transgender was that the book below written by the author below was written in 1889.

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2021
Stoplying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

I keep forgetting that someone had already done the homework on the descendents of brazilian slaves who call themselves yo***a (***:= rub)
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2021

I keep forgetting that someone had already done the homework on the descendents of brazilian slaves who call themselves yo***a (***:= rub)
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]
I saw how you were schooling the transgender, of course they had to pull the plug on the thread. One of the lies if the transgender was that the book below written by the author below was written in 1889. [/s]
You are foolish fatuous liar. No wonder you’re bald. cheesy

I never said Adam Knobler’s book was published in 1889.

Even though gregyboy too is a liar, he won’t have the heart to tell this kind of blatant lie.

I kind of feel fulfilled when I saw your lie. It convinced me that you know deep down that Benin needs lies to NOT appear inferior.

I made it repeatedly clear that Adam Knobler’s book was published in 2016.

At no point did I mention that Adam Knobler’s book was published in 1889.

Bald headed liar.cheesy You’re a disgrace to your parents.

4 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
[s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIporKrPsbU
https://youtu.be/II2hU-ibkPfg

[/s]
And I keep remembering to debunk your fake videos with classical documents. See below:

(1) Regarding your bitter lies about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the following piece-by-piece devastating refutation:

(A) Contrary to your ignorance, captives weren’t taken from “all across Africa” as you imagined.

Rather, captives were taken from Central Africa and West Africa — including people from Benin kingdom whom the Nupe, the Ibadan, Ogedengbe, etc. raided.

(B) Contrary to your ignorance, the Yoruba people have long been known by the name Yoruba (and they’ve been living in their present homeland) for centuries prior to the period when ex-captives began to be returned to Africa.

We know this because the process of returning ex-captives back ‘home’ to West Africa didn’t begin until circa the late-1700s.

Whereas, there are manuscripts written in the early-1600s which list Yorubas (by their name Yoruba) among some of the ethnic groups of our region of West Africa.

This manuscript which was written by Ahmed Baba in 1615 is attached below.

The name Yoruba is shown in red highlight (among the other ethnic groups) as can be seen in the original manuscript as well as in the translation embedded below respectively:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

Oh, I should add that we know that this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because he himself penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

In sum, your falsehood that returned-slaves (from all across Africa) are what became known as Yorubas is nothing but a but-hurt lie from a depressed bald-head.

(C) These ex-captives who were of West-African origin and Central African origin were repatriated directly to Sierra-Leone and Liberia.

Some began a new life there, while some decided to go back to their homeland from which they were taken ab-initio.

Nobody was repatriated to south-West Nigeria, bald-head.

A number of Yorubas among the returnees chose to return back to Yorubaland — just as many others who returned to their respective original homeland.

(2) The only ethnic-group whom I know of who couldn’t fight their way to freedom and be returned back to Africa are ……. [take a guess].

They couldn’t think of returning until about 400 years later when some of their descendants decided to tap into the science of Genetics as a guide to finding their way back home. ~ See video. below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

The two attachments below also shows some earlier corroborative confessions made available to Dr. R. E. Bradbury by these people themselves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996709_af6378be36104010b036a2f7ab4096cd_jpeg_jpeg07ca8a3f5b191f4126cdcd6bf2f7faf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996710_b28de88ee10a4b7a83b95532f6609396_jpeg_jpegaca1a6203806c9d893c79b42b9a6c76e
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2021
The true history of the yoruba:

Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2021
The biased yoruba mods have started banning Edo people once again, with flimsy pretexts:

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
TAO11:
LMAO at the bolded.

That one has big ego as compensation for lack of intelligence. Even fools know he is empty.

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
nisai:
That one has big ego as compensation for lack of intelligence. Even fools know he is empty.
Actually he is more intelligent than you and the person whom you are replying. What your tribesmen keep confusing with stupidity is what the rest of the world calls intellectuel honesty. The Edo culture unlike the yoruba one, doesn't encourage telling lies.

Ok, i have just endulged two uneducated yoruba people. Enough for this year.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by macof(m): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Stoplying:

Do you illiterates even know what calling something a "question" in discourse means?

Without even watching the videos, just saying "the Yoruba question" already shows the person is an illiterate
There's nothing like "the yoruba question"

And then so all over 50 million yorubas are descendants of Brazilian returnees in the 19th century grin

You Bini people keep embarrassing your ethnicity and making people think a Bini man can't have sense

3 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
[size=8pt][/size]
Truthbeatslies:

Actually he is more intelligent than you and the person whom you are replying. What your tribesmen keep confusing with stupidity is what the rest of the world calls intellectuel honesty. The Edo culture unlike the yoruba one, doesn't encourage telling lies.

Ok, i have just endulged two uneducated yoruba people. Enough for this year.
grin grin The thing pain u well. I don't want to know what it feels like to be whooped by a lady.

Pls invite much more people from Benin perhaps we could get an intelligent person at per from them to debate her with good logic and and evidence that convinces honest and disinterested readers like us.

You current crop of Benin revisionists on Nairaland are disgrace to the Oba of ile Ibinu grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
macof:

Do you illiterates even know what calling something a "question" in discourse means?

Without even watching the videos, just saying "the Yoruba question" already shows the person is an illiterate

And then so all over 50 million yorubas are descendants of Brazilians grin

You Bini people keep embarrassing your ethnicity and making people think a Bini man can't have sense
Reknown liar, your protégé tao must have been messing up so bad, you felt you needed to come and take over the yoruba propaganda machine.
Your remark is just inconsequential and laughable.

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic

macof, I still remember schooling you back in 2012 and even last year when I exposed your lies.
For your info, N illiterate is a person who can't read. I can clearly read.
Also, I outrank you by far in academics and in intelligence and in honesty.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by macof(m): 12:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
TAO11:
You are foolish fatuous liar. No wonder you’re bald. cheesy

I never said Adam Knobler’s book was published in 1889.

Even though gregyboy too is a liar, he won’t have the heart to tell this kind of blatant liar.

I kind of feel fulfilled when I saw your lie. It convinced me that you know deep down that Benin needs lies to NOT appear inferior.

I made it repeatedly clear that Adam Knobler’s book was published in 2016.

At no point did I mention that Adam Knobler’s book was published in 1889.

Bald headed liar.cheesy You’re a disgrace to your parents.

Oh so baldie in France is back with a new moniker grin
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
I bet these guys worship a picture of me in their homes. Pray yo me yar.iba, I am your god after all. I am the baldhead god of the yari.ba and I am of Edo ethnicity.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by macof(m): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Reknown liar, your protégé tao must have been messing up so bad, you felt you needed to come and take over the yoruba propaganda machine.
Your remark us just inconsequential and laughable.

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
5) ife republic

macof, I still remember schooling you back in 2012 and even last year when I exposed your lies.
For your info, N illiterate is a person who can't read. I can clearly read.
Also, I outrank you by far in academics and in intelligence and in honesty.

If you are educated prove it by acting like an educated human being. No educated person would say "the yoruba question" shows you are dull and forming terms you don't understand
And no educated person would think yorubas are Brazilians grin so before 19th century, yorubaland was empty? Dullard
You have schooled me? Lmao, schooled me at what?
You better go and find cure for your baldness at such young age

PS. Imagine someone calling himself an academic and he can't spell "renowned"
Don't even lie that it's an autocorrect typo because there's no word like "reknown"
Bloody bald stressed out dullard grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
They have already deleted the other thread in which the yoruba fraud was being exposed from all sides.
The yoruba tried to pass a document published recently as a document eritten in 1889

The one she sited as cyril punch in benin.. I guess??

That lady has disgraced and exposed yoruba lies to the entire Nigeria and nairaland by her actions and she thinks she is helping in her wide imagination

Her actions will continue to hunt yorubas unity in the future if her obsession wasnt this deep we wouldn't have scratched the surface of benin prehistory till we even die... But her obsession led to a root deep research for our benin history we never knew she has forced me to read so many articles i wouldn't have gone to read on my own and hate the facts it kills my precious time but i cant help.. Her lies shouldn't be left unattended to

She has successfully use her own hand to end the benin-ife myth on Nairaland that usually comes up daily she officially ended it with her madness

She chased monikers like redbinsmith, fulamannn and co from culture thread, this were people known to be frequent back then on culture thread.... She drove them out with her obsession over great benin...

She also made me famous and made herself infamous too, i have seen my comment pasted on some blogs outside nairaland benins on Nairaland now are taking a new dimension on their prehistory with Yorubas....

Again she forgets she will be the villain against truth in the nearest future and her over obsession in the face of truth would be worthy to study

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
macof:

If you are educated prove it by acting like an educated human being. No educated person would say "the yoruba question" shows you are dull and forming terms you don't understand
And no educated person would think yorubas are Brazilians grin so before 19th century, yorubaland was empty? Dullard
You have schooled me? Lmao, schooled me at what?
You better go and find cure for your baldness at such young age

Here you go again with the "naked emperor" type of scam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9mQoJU-6I0

You don't get to dictate the behaviour or thinking of the educated class, to which you do not belong by the way, you only pretend to belong, I see clearly through your different frauds.

Also, nobody says those who call themselves yoruba today don't have ancestors. That would be silly, your deliberate lack of comprehension is legendary. What is being proven is that those who call themselves yoruba today are a mixture of several unrelated peoples: dahomians, oyo, brazilian slaves and some other peoples. Given the number of slaves who were dumped on our shores by the europeans, it is fair to say all yoruba descend from slaves. Perhaps there is a small percentage which doesn't.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by macof(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Here you go again with the "naked emperor" type of scam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9mQoJU-6I0

You don't get to dictate the behaviour or thinking of the educated class, to which you do not belong, you only pretend to belong, I see clearly through your different frauds.

[s] Also, nobody says those who call themselves yoruba today don't have ancestors. That would be silly, your deliberate lack of comprehension is legendary. What is being proved is that those who call themselves yoruba today are a mixture of several unrelated peoples: dahomians, oyo, brazilian slaves and some other people. Given the number of slaves who were dumped on our shores by the europeans, it is fair to say all yoruba descend from slaves. Perhaps there is a small percentage which doesn't.[/s]

An educated person doesn't need to declare he is educated with each post.
Educated buffoon who can't spell "renowned" grin
But writes "reknown"

Your stupid expatiation is just that - stupid - as a result of your lack of proper education.
Let me embarrass you..
Why don't you give the number of RETURNEES "dumped" in our shores - as you say it and how they outnumbered everyone else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
macof:

An educated person doesn't need to declare he is educated with each post.
Educated buffoon who can't spell "renowned" grin
It is only Nigerian half educated who think the mastering of spellings of english words is the ultimate test of education. I grant you that you are a much better speller of english words than I am. But the problem is that except english spelling skills, your brain is empty. If we were to have a debate on english spelling, I would gladly throw a white flag towards you. But that is not what we are doing here.
Also don't flatter yourself, I did all my education in france, I write books in french and I live in france, I barely ever did anything in english since I was 10 years old. I'm french.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by macof(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

It is only Nigerian half educated who think the mastering of spellings of english words is the ultimate test of education. I grant you that you are a much better speller of english words than I am. But the problem is that except english spelling skills, your brain is empty. If we were to have a debate on english spelling, I would gladly throw a white flag towards you. But that is not what we are doing here.
Also don't flatter, yourself, I did all my education in france, I write books in french and I live in france, I barely ever do anything in English since I was 10 years old.

Lmao grin after being embarrassed, I was expecting you to lie as usual that it was a typo

Nobody cares about your acclaimed French upbringing that's not supposed to make you more reliable on this forum grin
Only a Bini dullard would think constantly saying he lives in France would gain him respect on a faceless forum.

Truthbeatslies:

Also, nobody says those who call themselves yoruba today don't have ancestors. That would be silly, your deliberate lack of comprehension is legendary. What is being proven is that those who call themselves yoruba today are a mixture of several unrelated peoples: dahomians, oyo, brazilian slaves and some other peoples. Given the number of slaves who were dumped on our shores by the europeans, it is fair to say all yoruba descend from slaves. Perhaps there is a small percentage which doesn't.

Your stupid expatiation is just that - stupid - as a result of your lack of proper education.
Let me embarrass you again...
Why don't you give the number of RETURNEES "dumped" on our shores - as you say it and how they outnumbered everyone else

Don't run away, stand your ground and defend this claim grin

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
TAO11:
LMAO at the bolded.

You dont even know youre the disgrace... Lol

No one belives you... You only get sympathetic
Support from your tribemen and nothing more.... You will keep chasing my shadows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

What happened to the other thread where you were nailing the transgender, I woke up to see the thread were deleted.

The transgender and her madness made them pull it down i got teo mentions that was lost

I got two ban last week from my two monikers
The gregboyy account was first banned when i was finshing her off, then i login in with my other account as soon as identified as grgyboy in the new account i got reported again and i got one day banned they couldnt do more because i didn't breal any rule

When am done with the yorubas they will regret ever endorsing tao11 as their fighter

She is hopeless she can't even prove benin ife
Existence beaten round about, circulating maneuvers to pedddle her lies....

I enjoy i obssesion anyway it has more advantage than disadvantage it has made me famous and made her infamous only famous to her tribal mofos

Tao11 more obssesion to you my transgender friend , my names have not been heard off enough, and am yet to read many more articles, push me the more. please i beg off you, your obssesion is my drive to read more, the day your obsession dies out, that day i loose my self and evil benin-ife myth gradually resettles back into the air

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
gregyboy:

The transgender and her madness made them pull it down i got teo mentions that was lost

I got two ban last week from my two monikers
The gregboyy account was first banned when i was finshing her off, then i login in with my other account as soon as identified as grgyboy in the new account i got reported again and i got one day banned they couldnt do more because i didn't breal any rule

When am done with the yorubas they will regret ever endorsing tao11 as their fighter

She is hopeless she can't even prove benin ife
Existence beaten round about, circulating maneuvers to pedddle her lies....

I enjoy i obssesion anyway it has more advantage than disadvantage it has made me famous and made her infamous only famous to her tribal mofos

Tao11 more obssesion to you my transgender friend , my names have not been heard off enough, and am yet to read many more articles, push me the more. please i beg off you, your obssesion is my drive to read more, the day your obsession dies out, that day i loose my self and evil benin-ife myth gradually resettles back into the air
It's their regular trademark, the yoruba love and cherish the art of deception.
They hate the truth with passion just like vampires hate their reflection in a mirror.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:
The biased yoruba mods have started banning Edo people once again, with flimsy pretexts:

Nawa oo soon they will start deleting all binis views and post concerning Oduduwa to hide the truth.... That would be their next move
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by macof(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

It's their regular trademark, the yoruba love and cherish the art of deception.
They hate the truth with passion just like vampires hate their reflection in a mirror.

Shut up and defend your claims. What nonsense truth do you have

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
macof:

Shut up and defend your claims. What nonsense truth do you have
Kido, talk nicely.
Go and read what I wrote again and again untill you finally understand it. Your spelling skills don't translate into comprehension skills apparently.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by macof(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truthbeatslies:

Kido, talk nicely.
Go and read what I wrote again and again untill you finally understand it. Your spelling skills don't translate into comprehension skills apparently.

Defend your claims dullard
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
macof:

Answer:
Truthbeatslies:

Kido, talk nicely.
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
macof:

Answer:

Truthbeatslies:

Kido, talk nicely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Erediauwa Crowned 39th Oba Of Benin / South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity / Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.