Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,094 members, 7,919,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:12 AM

I Studied Geography And I Need Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Studied Geography And I Need Advice (3186 Views)

How To Go About My Life After B.sc In Geography And Environmental Management / I Need Advice,i Studied Biochemistry And Ive Been With Coca Cola For 4 Yrs,im Th / Any Professional Course In D Field Of Health Sciences? i Studied Human Anatomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Studied Geography And I Need Advice by olu21ola: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2011
im a fresh graduate of geography.i finished with a second class upper.i wish to work in an oil company but i dont no wat dere requirements are?im thinkin of doing masters in geographic information systems but also av to start makin money for my family.do i need masters and wat are d examz nd interviews lyk for oil companies?what are d oda opportunities for me? pls i need advice
Re: I Studied Geography And I Need Advice by Fortune4u: 2:56am On Apr 17, 2011
Before getting admission, you should have ascertain the kind of course study needed in oil company, but since you have make a choice to study geography I advice you to have faith in God and believe that when you graduate you will find a job that suite your course in oil company.
Re: I Studied Geography And I Need Advice by Natasha2(f): 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^^ people who read geography also work in oil companies
Re: I Studied Geography And I Need Advice by AjanleKoko: 10:17am On Apr 18, 2011
olu21ola:

im a fresh graduate of geography.i finished with a second class upper.i wish to work in an oil company but i dont no wat dere requirements are?im thinkin of doing masters in geographic information systems but also av to start makin money for my family.do i need masters and wat are d examz nd interviews lyk for oil companies?what are d oda opportunities for me? pls i need advice

Anybody can work in an oil company. You can consider a masters in GIS or surveying technologies to enhance your chances. Since you have a 2:1, you can always enrol for the various aptitude tests that Shell, Mobil, Chevron, Total, NNPC, NLNG, and the rest of them conduct every year or so. Just keep an eye out for those vacancies.

You can also start looking for a job with some of the smaller indigenous oil firms. Or even consider working in surveying, geodesy, or some of the survey technologies. You have to read up on these things, and find out what's going on in the marketplace.
Re: I Studied Geography And I Need Advice by olu21ola: 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2011
thanks you all for your comments.i will work on ur advices
Re: I Studied Geography And I Need Advice by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
EPP ME EDAKUN @LALASTICLALA

(1) (Reply)

Extreme End! / Free Youth Empowerment Programme Powered By Coca Cola / Performance Reviews And Incentive Pay Are Harmful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.