Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures (1461 Views)

‘Lai Mohammed Detained For Abusing Jonathan’ / Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook / Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by hoodboy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2011
I was a witness to ballot box stuffing in my ward(alakahia uniport rivers state) I tried to discretely take a picture of the inec officials and one of the riggers accousted me but for the prompt intervention of the policemen I would have become a casualty today. But they later turned around and detained me , claiming that what I had just done was a criminal offence. It cost me 4hrs of jail time, my girlfriend's tears and ten grand to regain my freedom. The next time some Mofo tells me about a breathe of fresh air I will tell him to shove it up his arse. Cause the only thing that is fresh is corruption
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by ayinba1(f): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
That was really brave of you. Sorry for the pain u had to go through. You have indeed done your part. God bless
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Kilode1: 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2011
hoodboy:

I was a witness to ballot box stuffing in my ward(alakahia uniport rivers state) I tried to discretely take a picture of the inec officials and one of the riggers accousted me but for the prompt intervention of the policemen I would have become a casualty today. But they later turned around and detained me , claiming that what I had just done was a criminal offence. It cost me 4hrs of jail time, my girlfriend's tears and ten grand to regain my freedom. The next time some Mofo tells me about a breathe of fresh air I will tell him to shove it up his arse. Cause the only thing that is fresh is corruption

Very brave but, were you a GEJ supporter before today?

Are you still one?
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by werepeLeri: 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
and how do we know this dude is not making the story up?
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by hoodboy(m): 11:23pm On Apr 16, 2011
Ain't making up no story, I really duff my heart to folks that endanger their lives to get news. It was really sad knowing most of the. Community peeps(c.s.o and some others) were in support of what was going on. According to them I was paid by the opposition and was working against Goodluck and I must be a not so proper ibo man
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2011
Poster, pele!!
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Kilode1: 11:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
hoodboy:

Ain't making up no story, I really duff my heart to folks that endanger their lives to get news.

It was really sad knowing most of the. Community peeps(c.s.o and some others) were in support of what was going on. According to them I was paid by the opposition and was working against Goodluck and I must be a not so proper ibo man

Imagine that!

The dark underbelly of Nigeria is now visible. Sorry bro.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by blacksta(m): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
hoodboy:

Ain't making up no story, I really duff my heart to folks that endanger their lives to get news. It was really sad knowing most of the. Community peeps(c.s.o and some others) were in support of what was going on. According to them I was paid by the opposition and was working against Goodluck and I must be a not so proper ibo man

Please take heart  - sorry for your loss - look on the bright side  - what if u could not come with 10 k  - which is rather unfortunate.

@post

Yet some people will accuse of north of being bigots  -  while the same is practiced in the south

Nigeria is a complex jungle  -
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by soldee: 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2011
So far ballot stuffers getting maimed in the north, whistle-blowers getting maimed in the south! Pls keep the reports coming.
@ Poster thank God for your life.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Dave6: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
Were you the only voter in that polling unit that the staff will be stuffing ballot boxes in front of voters and party agents?
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by otokx(m): 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2011
bros alakahia is a village, how culd u go der? me dat stay in aluu, did my voting inside uniport wer security is guaranteed.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by lexicon(m): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2011
Thank God for ur life, u've played ur part and ur conscience is clear, God bless Nigeria
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by otokx(m): 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
@dav.e der wer only 2 agents in my pu, pdp and apga. 4 alakahia like most oda rural, community na only pdp o, if u mistake go der 2 snap na upth u go end inside
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by JomoGbomo2(m): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2011
This is not democracy.

We need to look for a Nigerian Solution to a Nigerian Problem. Else we will just be going back and forth. Welcome to another 4yrs of business as usual.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by hoodboy(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2011
@ottokx: men it wasn't funny o! see c.s.o dey halla. And it seems to me that the Acn agent was paid off, because by the time I went back to hear the count, she wasn't there. Just some pdp peeps. What drew my attention was tHe main inec official one youth corper gal, telling the guy beside her to make surE they arranged it well and in less than 3mins some guy comes out of the adjacent room with his pocket stuffed fill with ballot sheets and he hands them over to the corper who then stuffs them in the box
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Sunofgod(m): 11:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
hoodboy:

@ottokx: men it wasn't funny o! see c.s.o dey halla. And it seems to me that the Acn agent was paid off, because by the time I went back to hear the count, she wasn't there. Just some pdp peeps. What drew my attention was tHe main inec official one youth corper gal, telling the guy beside her to make surE they arranged it well and in less than 3mins some guy comes out of the adjacent room with his pocket stuffed fill with ballot sheets and he hands them over to the corper who then stuffs them in the box

see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

And I hope for your safety the pic in your profile is not you.

But if it is I kinda understand why you were picked up - grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=253806;type=avatar[/img]

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to prove - that rigging takes place in elections?

Do you want a PHD for discovering rigging?

Sharpen up my friend.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Beaf: 12:06am On Apr 17, 2011
hoodboy:

Lol! You went back after being jailed for four bloody hours!. . . And you were there in time for the results too? Wonders! shocked

I conclude that four hours is much shorter in Alakahia than in the rest of the known World! Not just that, but to have actually gone back to a place where you were an unwilling participant in a near deat experience, puts you in the league of characters like the Incredible Hulk. What a guy! shocked

hoodboy heads for his polling station to hear results after being locked away for four damn hours!

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Wwh.PNG[/img]
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Apr 17, 2011
This election is actually showing that Southerners are much more tribalistic than the so maligned North
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by sbeezy8: 12:12am On Apr 17, 2011
esp those from SE.^^^

the SS didnt all vote for GEJ neither did the whole SW
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by hoodboy(m): 12:15am On Apr 17, 2011
@beaf,  I went back after casting my vote, wanted to hear the result of the poll. @ sun of god, stop being an Asswipe; why put up my profile pic here.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Sunofgod(m): 12:18am On Apr 17, 2011
hoodboy:

@beaf,  I went back after casting my vote, wanted to hear the result of the poll. @ sun of god, stop being an Asswipe; why put up my profile pic here.

To expose your naivity.

I have little sympathy for you.

You need to be more cautious in how you go about things.

Take it as an insult - or take it as friendly advise.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by OAM4J: 12:35am On Apr 17, 2011
Sun of god:

To expose your naivity.

I have little sympathy for you.

You need to be more cautious in how you go about things.

Take it as an insult - or take it as friendly advise.

I hope you know it is against the forum rule to display his profile picture like that.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by OAM4J: 12:36am On Apr 17, 2011
OP

With the results I have seen so far from Rivers state, I believe you.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by chei: 12:56am On Apr 17, 2011
roflmao!!!
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by EzeUche(m): 12:59am On Apr 17, 2011
People say the SE is tribalistic, but how can we be tribalistic when Goodluck is not even an Igbo?

It just doesn't sound right.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by OAM4J: 1:04am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

People say the SE is tribalistic, but how can we be tribalistic when Goodluck is not even an Igbo?

It just doesn't sound right.

I doubt Ohanaze Ndigbo agrees with you. Anyway GEJ is more Azikwe than Buhari

And Otueke is definitely closer to Enugu than Daura.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Onlytruth(m): 1:17am On Apr 17, 2011
LOL, I'm laughing at this OP.

Wey you think you dey sef? No be naija?  undecided

All those almajiri you see near polling booth, wetin you think say dem dey do dia?

Someone already addressed your naivete, so I won't even bother.

Sai Jonathan! grin
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by hoodboy(m): 1:21am On Apr 17, 2011
I really do not see myself ever voting again, I feel bad saying this. All I really wanted was to see if my vote counted(I voted opposition) well I guess I have tasted first hand the election realities in Nigeria, the only thing free and fair was the rigging. I don't know why the electorates didn't stay back to see their votes counted thouh I myself didn't initially stay back but went back as an after thought. And I can say the experience was worth it as I am no more disillusional about free and fair election
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by hoodboy(m): 1:24am On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

LOL, I'm laughing at this OP.

Wey you think you dey sef? No be naija?  undecided

All those almajiri you see near polling booth, wetin you think say dem dey do dia?

Someone already addressed your naivete, so I won't even bother.

Sai Jonathan! grin

was it criminal to have taken pictures? What almajiris? I can't seem to place ur logic
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by iluvnaija: 1:28am On Apr 17, 2011
(Singing fela)
I SORRY SORRY O, I SORRY 4 NIGERIA,
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by Onlytruth(m): 1:30am On Apr 17, 2011
hoodboy

I meant almajiris up north.

Do you think they would play "local detective" (like you tried to do undecided) to secure Jonathan's votes in say Daura or other rural North village.

Southerners and their naivety sha.
Re: Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures by sbeezy8: 1:32am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ you better go n take your medicine.

cause you aint makin any godamnnnn sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

American Thinker - Boko Haram: New Security Threat for US in Nigeria / Naijavote.com Police: Explosion In Central Nigeria Kills 10 In Kaduna / The good,the Bad And The Ugly Nigerian President So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.