Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,219 members, 7,900,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:34 AM

Benefits Of Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benefits Of Forgiveness (96 Views)

Rev. Josiah Akindayomi's Miraculous Return: A Tale Of Forgiveness... / The Power Of Forgiveness / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Forgiveness by topshore(f): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2021
Text: Ephesians 4:32; Acts 7:54-60

Forgiveness is the act of releasing anyone that has offended us from our hearts and genuinely cancel all their wrongdoings.
It also means genuine reconciliation with someone.
Examplery of Forgiveness

- God forgave us our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ. The Blood of His Son shed for us reconciled us back to Him. Before the Death of Jesus, we had already been condemned to destruction but Jesus Christ's love for us set us free. Hence no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 1:7)
- Stephen forgave those who stoned him to death because he shared the truth of Christ and Good news (Acts 7:60)
- Joseph forgave his brothers who sold him to slavery (Gen. 50: 19-21)

However, there are some dangers unforgiveness bring to man. Some of these are under listed:

1. It imprisons your heart and thought
2. It gives satan a ground to attack you.
3. The Holy Spirit may depart from you if you don't repent.
4. You will be caged with pain and grudge
5. You will experience heaviness and burden
6. The person you can't forgive is your master. The person has overcome you.
7. It can lead to anger, shock and hypertension.
8. You will not inherit the Kingdom of God (Gal 5: 19)

Benefits of Forgiveness
1. You are set free from the prison of pain, grudge, burden, malice and heaviness.
2. The Holy Spirit will take His place in your heart and swallow up all bitterness because you have handed everything to God.
3. Forgiveness attracts you to the blessings connected to obedience to God's Commands of forgiveness to us.
4. Our prayers speedily answered because they are offered with pure hand and clean hands (Psalm 24:5-6)
5. It keeps you from falling into temptation and delivers you from all evil (Luke 11:4)
6. You will become a sane person physically, spiritually, mentally and health wise.

Are you wallowing in the sin of unforgiveness? This is the time to repent and leave all to God.
Say this:
Lord Jesus, forgive me my sins, come into my heart and take control, I forgive and release everyone that has offended me wholeheartedly just as you have forgiven me now. Thank You Jesus in Your name I pray, amen.
Congratulations.

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

The Punishment / Happy New Month. / In The Light Of Truth: The World Events. Contd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.