Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,156 members, 7,949,969 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

CUSTOMER THREATHENS TO HARM PHED STAFF WITH A WEAPON OVER UNPAID ELECTRICITY BIL - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CUSTOMER THREATHENS TO HARM PHED STAFF WITH A WEAPON OVER UNPAID ELECTRICITY BIL (172 Views)

Toddlers Are Always Trying To Harm Themselves: The Life Of A Stay-at-home Mum / Popular Nigerian Comedian Blast Notorious Gistloverblog On Fake News Against Bil / I Go Dye, Joseph Osawaru, Level 9 Boss Illegally Detained Acclaimed Youngest Bil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CUSTOMER THREATHENS TO HARM PHED STAFF WITH A WEAPON OVER UNPAID ELECTRICITY BIL by Gabrielcty(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
A Staff of PHED  has raised alarm over threat  to his life by a customer. The Customer whose neighbour was an eyewitness to the false story put out on social media, has recounted her experience with with what transpired between her neighbor, Sunday Kazah and a PHED staff.

According to her, the staff of the Distribution Company, PHED had visited the premises of the customer at Itam in Akwa Ibom State came to carry out his legal duty in that area when Mr Sunday Kazah came out with a machete threatening to kill anyone who would attempt to disconnect him, that he had paid his bill. The PHED staff collecting the bill was really terrified but however explained that the company’s policy is for him to pay atleast 70% of the money he is owing. This infuriated Mr Kazah who immediately ceased the ladder that the staff was working with, shouting and wielding the machete screaming that he is ready to kill anyone who tries to disconnect his line.

The staff tried explaining to Kazah that his property has a debt of N300,000 but if he can at least pay the current charge of 8,000 his service line would not be disconnected yet Kazah was still reluctant about releasing the ladder. The staff quickly called other staff  who came to the place of the incident in minutes but Kazah wouldn't let go of the machete and in cause of the back and forth for Kazah to drop the machete,it mistakenly cut his leg. It was a rather unfortunate incident.

I know that there are people that really hate PHED people just like police, sometimes they even physically harm them but when I saw the one-sided nature of the story on nairaland and instablog, I decided to speak up. In fact it was the PHED staff that took Kazah to the hospital for treatment even when it was kazah that tried to hurt him. I didn't see any cultist as was said in the story.

1 Like

Re: CUSTOMER THREATHENS TO HARM PHED STAFF WITH A WEAPON OVER UNPAID ELECTRICITY BIL by incubator(f): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hmmmm,there are always two sides to every story. Why are we so angry in this country? Couldn't they just discuss instead of someone bringing machete meanwhile he is owing sef. PHED shaaa,you guys should be calming down small na. There is hunger in the land.
Re: CUSTOMER THREATHENS TO HARM PHED STAFF WITH A WEAPON OVER UNPAID ELECTRICITY BIL by Gabrielctyr(f): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
No matter how bad these guys dey ba, I don't think they carry matchet around to cut light. which day that nonsence start kwanu
Re: CUSTOMER THREATHENS TO HARM PHED STAFF WITH A WEAPON OVER UNPAID ELECTRICITY BIL by valli8: 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
According to this story, This is pure self-defense from the PHED Staff, but I think he would have better managed the situation by calling the police instead of dragging the cutlass with the customer. However, these customers Nawa oo.. Let him go and thank God that he did not die by his own sword..

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can I Get Into Ghana Easily This Weekend? / The Pyasa Kutta / Quality Gerard Stone Coated Steel Roof Tile With Warranty Period Of Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.