Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,084 members, 7,970,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:51 AM

The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (13882 Views)

Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses / Re: SE/Igbo Contribution To Nigeria’s Economy is Greatest. See how / PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Diligence: 9:05am On Apr 18, 2011
Congratulations to the Ijaws. And NDIGBO did the right thing together - they say, when NDIGBO is united, ain't no stopping them - NDIGBO in the north (esp) scuttled the chances Buhari ever had to sweep the votes there!
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Diligence: 9:25am On Apr 18, 2011
It has always been EASTERN REGION - for abt 45 years they hv perverted our communality, etc, forgettg we were all living and marrying together before 1960!

A stronger EASTERN REGION is a united SE & SS; let him that has ears listen to what the spirit says!
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by tijehi(f): 9:41am On Apr 18, 2011
I Doff my heart for the Igbos. Thank you so much
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by tijehi(f): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2011
I Doff my heart for the Igbos. Thank you so much
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by JahMan1: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2011
@All,
The title of this post has some ethnic undertone which isn't so good afterall.
Igbos just like my good self are always for credibility and letting who the cap fits wear it.
I personally was on the side of Buhari,since I felt the major problem of Nigeria is getting rid of curruption.I was afraid that GEJ's affiliation with PDP won't allow him do justice to corruption.
Mind you,I changed my preference less than a week to the polls for so many reasons(I won't claim that tribalism had nothing to do with it and also some utterances credited to some religious leaders from the North,so sad).
I personally,and most friends voted GEJ and not PDP and the SE & SS should note that.
Having won the election with the support of SS and SE,let GEJ do something for the whole nation in general and the two regions in particular.
My work exposed me to the fact that Nigeria is depending more on tax revenue.Soon tax proceeds will be shared to states as it's derived,just like in oil and gas.
SE and SS should have their infrastructures fixed so they can be industrialized and stop clustering around Lagos and the North.
I have more to say,but let me stop here for now.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Eziachi: 10:34am On Apr 18, 2011
playmode:

@Ezeuche ,i am glad i am not an Igbo, if this how low Igbo mentality and standards has fallen.I used to have respect for igbos but i have since realised that you can take the villager out of  the village but but you cannot not take the village out the villager.You Igbos are your own worst enemies not that i care about you folks.Now hold your horses ,i am not a Buhari supporter,i would have preferred a Pat Utomi or Ribadu as president.Your attitude on this firm along with the attitude of your fellow Igbos has made me realized that you are one of the most backward tribe on the African continent.While other nations/tribes are voting for their best candidates ,you are busy voting based on tribal lines.

Nigeria will never work as long as people like you constitutes our citizenry.Everyone who is not a Nigerian is laughing at how terrible and heavily flawed our elections are and here you celebrating an election that should is a show of shame to true Nigerians.There was massive rigging on all fronts but you are not decent enough pr man enough to admit that the elections was the worst in Nigerian's history.I no longer want one Nigeria, Oduans should start the move now to break away from Nigeria ,you SE and SS can keep your Oil we dont need it.Lagos does not have much oil but see the way fashola is developing it.It is the stlye of leadership that matters not how many untapped barrels of oil you have.New Zealand has no Oil ,still it's citizens live better lives than even Americans.

If someone with my mindset becomes the president of ODUA,within 5 years ODUA will be a changed society and you parasitic igbos will be fighting to get a visa to enter Odua.All you lot do is run to other people's state/nations instead of developing your own and you claim to be intelligent folks.Pray tell how that is an intelligent behavior on the part of the igbos.It this deep seethed tribalism that will be the downfall of the Igbo nation and the end has begun.

Keep your PDP and we Yorubas will laugh on the sidelines as your tribe is run down with poverty and no visible infrastructure.Let it be known that as much as you guys makes noise all over the place.You are not important to anyone and you are not known for anything good except crimes.Congratulation on the self destruction of the Igbo nation.I am glad to be Yoruba anyday.

Yoruba = Progressive
Igbos = Regressive

Those of you who are busy praising GEJ and PDP will be back in less than 12 months to curse him because a leopard never changes it's spot.PDP is bad news and we dont want them in the west.Free ODUA now!

Waoh!!
Calm down before you choke on your saliva. You started with: you love the Igbos, you have nothing against them, you respected them and you ended it by insisting that you hated the Igbos, you have long held issues against them and you have more respect to a cow dung than them, all in one stroke.

I can't understand your rant, when Yoruba did exactly what Ndigbo did. Yorubas has two VP candidates in this charade of an election and the ACN party is dominated by the Yorubas but the figures so far showed that you did not recognise your two sons running as VP, neither did you pay much of an attention to the guy flying your flag in the ACN through your vote and your absenteeism from the poll.

You really don't need an excuse to hate Ndigbo, but this one is very lame indeed. From the start till now I had my reservation about Jonathan, PDP, Ohaneze, APGA and my people approach to the presidential election based on what I know about how Nigeria works and I really hope that I am proven wrong and I hated the approach of so many lies against the person of Buhari just to justify a vote for Jonathan, which to me is unnecessary.
As for the new found love and romance between Ndigbo and Ijaw, I wish that it will extend to the waterside area of Borokiri in Port Harcourt for instance, as we speak and the day Igbo man will become the governor of Delta or Bayelsa states.

But your rant is another chance to express your hate for Ndigbo for nothing, as whatever the outcome of the vote is in Igbo land in this election, you surely will still have something to cry and moan about.

I will celebrate with you the day your sudden dream of ODUA republic will kickstart, but we knew its not going to happen, just give it few months now, you will re-strategise and find a possible way to get the best from Nigeria as always.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by sley4life(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2011
who said the Igbos arent united with 1 voice. Now those with that notion would eat their words. Dont joke with the SE. GEJ u are welcome 2 the family. Not forgetting the SW.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by otukpo(f): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2011
WHOEVER TAUGHT THAT BUHARI WILL GET VOTES IN THE SE WAS  lipsrsealed
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by sley4life(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2011
I wont forget some NLs here that gave their support 2 GEJ. I knew the BB team out numbered us but we were firm of our support for Goodluck. We all know the BB camp here. They were so ferocious, aggressive, violent, retard just short of words. Few that were in BB camp showed maturity in the support for BB. We can get there with determination. Congrats Mr President
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Guyman02: 11:17am On Apr 18, 2011
I have always maintained on NL that many Igbos decided to tow the line of Ohaneze to support GEJ because since after the civil war, the confidence level of the SE has never been as high as the ten months of GEJ.
Small gestures like appointing an Igboman as COAS and turning Enugu Airport to an international Airport from whence the leader Dim Ojukwu was flown directly to the UK, though as a sick man; but highly symbolic will sway the votes his way.
Having an Igboman as commandant of NDA for the first time is giving the people of SE a sense of belonging in the entity called Nigeria.
For a long time, the Igbos from Delta and Rivers State will no longer need to deny their identity before getting Govt patronage or admission into FG institutions. For long in Abuja, if you dont speak Hausa language, you may not be atteded to in govt ministries and it gets worse if you say you are an Igbo man.
The Igbos joined minority tribes in Nigeria to say that every Nigerian can aspire to any position on merit. leadership musnt always be reserved for the three major tribes in Nigeria.
NIGERIA! SAI GOODLUCK NIGERIA!
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by akpanbaba: 11:27am On Apr 18, 2011
I am not an igbo man but this singular act of igbo nation voting GEJ marks the end of divide -and-rule system that had been used to mess the south up politically.No section of the country should continue to use the political cracks that existed in the past  to make us  second class citizens in Nigeria.The theory that south-south cannot unite with south-east politically has collapsed and the liberation of the whole south from the shackles of local colonisation is ACHIEVABLE.Igbos should put their house in order for 2015.THIS IS THEIR CHANCE.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by heilige(m): 11:37am On Apr 18, 2011
Tinubu cut a political deal and delivered SW for Jona. Igbos delivered SE for Jona with cash. lol

2015 will still not be for the Igbos with what happened on saturday. If Igbos are positioning themselves for 2015 they will
need the middle belt, SW, SS, and part of the North. I dont see that type of alliance happening in 2015 or 2019. Consider the Senior Area Boy(Tinubu) of SW factor.
The country has already been divided ethnically with what happened on 16.04.11. By 2015 ACN will be so strong that they will want the presidency by any means necessary.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Fidelo726: 11:45am On Apr 18, 2011
the SE support for the president is expected.
nobody should be aggrieved by the victory.
What the president has achieved in 11months is enough for him to be voted for.
The solution to fuel scarcity had been a perennial problem b4 now.
Nobody seem to remember the suffering now that the problem had been taken care of.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Tare55(m): 11:48am On Apr 18, 2011
Finally and for the first time, the SE and SS and especally the Ezons are working for a common cause. I pray this blossom into something that is sustained for the common good of the region cheesy
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by chino11(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2011
heilige:

Tinubu cut a political deal and delivered SW for Jona. Igbos delivered SE for Jona with cash. lol

2015 will still not be for the Igbos with what happened on saturday. If Igbos are positioning themselves for 2015 they will
need the middle belt, SW, SS, and part of the North. I dont see that type of alliance happening in 2015 or 2019. Consider the Senior Area Boy(Tinubu) of SW factor.
The country has already been divided ethnically with what happened on 16.04.11. By 2015 ACN will be so strong that they will want the presidency by any means necessary.

You must be silly and living in dark ages to think that Igbo sold out over cash. It was Yorubas thru tinubu that were bought with cash by GEJ to dump their party (acn presidential condidate) to vote PDP. Am sure if the Igbo does not emerge the president of this country by 2015, be ready to join ur almajiri brother up north in one country. The deal has been cut and settled. GEJ is handing over power to SE come 2015.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by emmatok(m): 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
chino11:

You must be silly and living in dark ages to think that Igbo sold out over cash. It was Yorubas thru tinubu that were bought with cash by GEJ to dump their party (acn presidential condidate) to vote PDP. Am sure if the Igbo does not emerge the president of this country by 2015, be ready to join your almajiri brother up north in one country. The deal has been cut and settled. GEJ is handing over power to SE come 2015.

What are you smoking my friend.

I though you IGBO people are cliaming GEJ is an IGBO man. smt
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by ak47mann(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
chino11:

You must be silly and living in dark ages to think that Igbo sold out over cash. It was Yorubas thru tinubu that were bought with cash by GEJ to dump their party (acn presidential condidate) to vote PDP. Am sure if the Igbo does not emerge the president of this country by 2015, be ready to join your almajiri brother up north in one country. The deal has been cut and settled. GEJ is handing over power to SE come 2015.
IGBOS WE ARE BEHIND YOU PEOPLE NO SHAKING cool cool

heilige:

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS ACTING LIKE YOU ARE NOT CORRUPT LOOK AT TINUMBU undecided undecided SUDDENLY MOST ACN VOTED FOR JONATHAN grin grin grin YOU THINK YORUBA NO COLLECT GHANA MUST GO BAGS FULL OF MONI ABEG SO SIT DOWN grin grin
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by emmatok(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
ak47mann:

IGBOS WE ARE BEHIND YOU PEOPLE NO SHAKING cool cool
WHY DO YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS ACTING LIKE YOU ARE NOT CORRUPT LOOK AT TINUMBU undecided undecided SUDDENLY MOST ACN VOTED FOR JONATHAN grin grin grin YOU THINK YORUBA NO COLLECT GHANA MUST GO BAGS FULL OF MONI ABEG SO SIT DOWN grin grin

Stop generalizing how many Yoruba collect money.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by ak47mann(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
emmatok:

Stop generalizing how many Yoruba collect money.
OMO THEN PLENTOOOO JUST THE OTHER DAY I SAW TWO ACN MEMBERS IN IBADAN RUNNING ACROSS THE ROAD WITH GHANA MUST GO BACK THEY DONT EVEN CARE IF CAR DEY PASS grin grin grin IT WAS SO FUNNY grin grin
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by emmatok(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
ak47mann:

OMO THEN PLENTOOOO JUST THE OTHER DAY I SAW TWO ACN MEMBERS IN IBADAN RUNNING ACROSS THE ROAD WITH GHANA MUST GO BACK THEY DONT EVEN CARE IF CAR DEY PASS grin grin grin IT WAS SO FUNNY grin grin

So does that mean all Yorubas collect money from GEJ ? undecided undecided
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by ak47mann(m): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
emmatok:

So does that mean all Yorubas collect money from GEJ ? undecided undecided
NA YOU TALK THAT ONE grin grin grin AT LIST TINUMBU AND HIS BOYS DID undecided undecided undecided
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by chino11(m): 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
ak47mann:

NA YOU TALK THAT ONE grin grin grin AT LIST TINUMBU AND HIS BOYS DID undecided undecided undecided

Bro. don't mind this Yoruba people. Check the list of most corrupt people in this country, the people who has stolen public funds and are stil stealing are all Yorubas. They have crumbled every establishment they touch. It was Yorubas that killed UAC, they killed John Holt, they killed so many banks in this country and so many of them. Most criminals are from SW from bode goeage to obj to fani kayode to iyabo. I mean they are plenty. Check the EFCC list u hardly see a SE or SS origin except politically motivated ones.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by youngmonie: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
celebrate all you can!!, SE is not seeing the presidency in 2015. LETS HOPE NAIRALAND IS STILL UP BY THEN AND TAKE MY NAME DOWN!!!
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by emmatok(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
chino11:

Bro. don't mind this Yoruba people. Check the list of most corrupt people in this country, the people who has stolen public funds and are stil stealing are all Yorubas. They have crumbled every establishment they touch. It was Yorubas that killed UAC, they killed John Holt, they killed so many banks in this country and so many of them. Most criminals are from SW from  bode goeage to obj to fani kayode to iyabo. I mean they are plenty. Check the EFCC list u hardly see a SE or SS origin except politically motivated ones.

So the cases of Ibru, Ndidi,Dr. G. A. T. Oboh are politically motivated.

When is corrupting a tribal issue.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by ak47mann(m): 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
youngmonie:

celebrate all you can!!, SE is not seeing the presidency in 2015. LETS HOPE NAIRALAND IS STILL UP BY THEN AND TAKE MY NAME DOWN!!!
SO NA S/W TURN ABI undecided undecided  OR NA YOUR PAPA NA ONE OF THE CHIEF OF NIGERIA WHAT HE SAYS STAYS grin grin  SAY WHO GO BE PRESIDENT ON NIGERIA undecided undecided MY FRIEND DONT BET YOUR LIFE YOU MIGHT LOSE IT undecided undecided
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by emmatok(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
ak47mann:

SO NA S/W TURN ABI undecided undecided  OR NA YOUR PAPA NA ONE OF THE CHIEF OF NIGERIA WHAT HE SAYS STAYS grin grin  SAY WHO GO BE PRESIDENT ON NIGERIA undecided undecided MY FRIEND DONT BET YOUR LIFE YOU MIGHT LOSE IT undecided undecided

OBj said GEJ will be President . So it was.

I could remember most of the SS and SE governors never support GEJ initially. Now they bowing at his feet.

Thank to OBJ.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by youngmonie: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
ak47mann:

lol!!!!, aw noww, my papa no be politician ohhhh!!!,

But the fact  is it is all left to jonathan now!!!, there is going to be a huge pressure on him. He has to take one side, either the PEOPLE or PDP cos there are  going to be many contradicting issues and Nigerians would hold him to a very high expectation for who he is and what he promised to do before the election. Lets just see aw the next four years would turn  out to be!!! (That is when we will know the TRUE jonathan)
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Fidelo726: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
youngmonie:

lol!!!!, aw noww, my papa no be politician ohhhh!!!,

But the fact is it is all left to jonathan now!!!, there is going to be a huge pressure on him. He has to take one side, either the PEOPLE or PDP cos there are going to be many contradicting issues and Nigerians would hold him to a very high expectation for who he is and what he promised to do before the election. Lets just see aw the next four years would turn out to be!!! (That is when we will know the TRUE jonathan)

I think we all should give him a chance.
He promised credible and transparent election and he delivered.
If he wanted to go by the way of OBJ he would have suceeded but he opted for credibility and he deliver.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by k9ine(m): 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
I wonder why some folks dont wanna accept defeat, but blame other voters, d SE, SS , SW & some northern states 4 voting GEJ. It's d voters' choice.
D whole process has been seen to be fair. If other party members have reasons to believe it was rigged, please for d sake of Nigeria go to court, because NEVER AGAIN shall we condone rigging by whoever, or whatever party.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by chino11(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
emmatok:

OBj said GEJ will be President . So it was.

I could remember most of the SS and SE governors never support  GEJ initially. Now they bowing at his feet.

Thank to OBJ.

Am sure your living in stone age. If Obj was that powerful why did'nt he rig her daughter Iyabo into office. You must be out of date to believe Obj is still worth 1Naira ( a man who lost his ward in 1999 and still lost it in 2011. You should go and hide you face in shame. There is a classified information which I can't reveal in full details here and now. I'm privileged to have some top secret info that will reshape Nigerian politics in the next 4yrs. There is already a security report on possible breakup of Nigeria, again as I type this piece Jonathan has commissioned a committee in the SE that will come up with a candidate that will take over from him from the SE origin, that is plan A and plan B is the possible disintegration of Nigeria, then the SW will join there almajiri brothers up north.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by k9ine(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
I wonder why some folks dont wanna accept defeat, but blame other voters, d SE, SS , SW & some northern states 4 voting GEJ. It's d voters' choice.
D whole process has been seen to be fair. If other party members have reasons to believe it was rigged, please for d sake of Nigeria go to court, because NEVER AGAIN shall we condone rigging by whoever, or whatever party.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by vislabraye(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
The SE did well. It is very commendable of them, GEJ has paid his dues after all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Founded APGA, Not Ojukwu" - Chekwas Okorie / PDP To Kick Off 2019 Campaign In Sokoto, Asks Nigerians To Reject APC / 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.