Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,964 members, 7,949,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi (1097 Views)

Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities / Buhari: Those Who Attacked Ebonyi Communities And Soludo Won’t Be Spared / Herdsmen Attack In Ebonyi Communities: Our Women Are Still Missing - Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Philipponzaghi: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi, on Tuesday, confirmed that over 15 persons were killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen, on Monday night.

Governor Umahi, who said the herdsmen allegedly perpetrated the mayhem carrying AK-47, urged security agents to fish out those concerned.

According to Umahi, who spoke, on Tuesday, at Obegu, in the Ishielu Local Government Area of the state, said, “I got a piece of very shocking news this afternoon about the attack on about four communities of Nkalaha, Obegu, Amaezu and Umuhuali in Ishielu Local Government Area of the state by AK-47 herdsmen that came yesterday (Monday) and killed 15 of members of these communities.

“I remembered that about a year ago, we had an incident of killing of two herdsmen within this same location and immediately the security agencies, the local government Chairman and the community leaders all came together to condemn the attack and the killing and we immediately asked the security agencies to fish out the people that did that and they did fish them out and as we talk, they are standing trial in Ebonyi State and the community and security agencies appeased the herdsmen and made peace with them.

“And so, it is very shocking that overnight, all the herdsmen in Ishielu local government vacated Ishielu local government which means that the local herdsmen in Ishielu are part of the conspiracy in the killing of our people. They vacated despite all efforts by the government, the governors of South-East and security agencies have been making to give them full protection not only in the state but in the entire South East.

“We feel so sad that this kind of thing should happen to Ebonyi State, we feel so worried for our country Nigeria and we are short of words.

“Good enough, we have some traces of the sponsors, we have the traces of those who came here. I will not disclose it but I am going to escalate the identities of the people to the highest authorities and we wait to see what they will do but we condemn this attack, it is not only happening in Ebonyi State. If it is allowed to go this way, it is capable of generating very serious civil war among the nation of Nigeria.

“I want to demand from the Security Chiefs to fish out these people because they are well known, they should fish them out, let them face the wrath of the law. It has happened in so many places and they were not fished out and that’s why this kind of thing is happening.”

Source: https://punchng.com/herdsmen-killed-15-persons-in-ebonyi-communities-gov-umahi/

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
There is already a thread on that.
Close this one.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Philipponzaghi: 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Close this one.

This thread is the statement from Dave Umahi the governor. It’s an official statement and you can see the disparity in the victim count.

The former thread is from unknown people narrating the incident.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by xelly: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
Maybe you should admit your errors by trying to destroy ESN.

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by youngreal: 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ndigbo the time is now, it is finished
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Supan(m): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
His Excellency Sir, with due respect, if you don't bring them to book immediately and stop these killers forthwith.

We ebonyians promise You, that you will pay with your head and that of your family. You were not elected to play coward. If you can't sacrifice for your people in this horrible period. Respect your family name and resign quietly.

If you like declare prayer and fasting.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by ablejesus26(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
xelly:
Maybe you should admit your errors by trying to destroy ESN.

There are no errors to admit in Esn the only thing he has to admit is his incompetency and shotsightedness in Security matters, both himself and other Governors we have in Se have been so unproductive in their dealings.
should they be told to launch a well trained and equipped regional security outfit, this same man openly said we don't need it.

Esn is a good idea it shames our leaders but it also berates our ideology as independent people Esn is a creation from Ipob a group dat has been proscribed and mind you not all of us are supporters of Ipob. We still have those in Massob,and other seccessionist group,we have the ohaneze youth,we have some who do not subscribe to seccession.
matters like a regional security outfit should be a collective agreement from the whole region, you cant just create an Illegally armed militia and impose it on us as a security outfit.

Things are not done that way.

I swear Umahi dey make me shame he is so timid.
even my own onyeoshi vote will not be taken for granted this way.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Philipponzaghi: 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fahdiga my friend is that you?
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Abascoh: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2021
“Good enough, we have some traces of the sponsors, we have the traces of those who came here. I will not disclose it but I am going to escalate the identities of the people to the highest authorities and we wait to see what they will do"

Can you imagine this aturu awusa called Umahi? You will report Fulani herdsmen to their brothers and sponsors in the security agencies and wait to see what they will do? Just imagine this idiot!! He was at the forefront of bringing the army to come and fight ESN meanwhile he has no alternative, he wants to go back to the old ways of only talking and lamenting after these attacks then wait until the next attack happens. This is why I am staunchly in support of the ESN, they might not be the best option but they are the only thing we have standing in defence of God Igbo land right now so until these stupid governors and the equally stupid ohaneze can find a better option, I will continue to support ESN.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by IgweOfNnewi: 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wakili have enter Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by IgweOfNnewi: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
“I remembered that about a year ago, we had an incident of killing of two herdsmen within this same location and immediately the security agencies, the local government Chairman and the community leaders all came together to condemn the attack and the killing and we immediately asked the security agencies to fish out the people that did that and they did fish them out and as we talk, they are standing trial in Ebonyi State and the community and security agencies appeased the herdsmen and made peace with them.
Ebonyi is in hot soup, is the governor trying to say this a reprisal attack, the herdsmen killed 15 people instead of 2 people that were killed one year ago.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Abascoh: 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
ablejesus26:

There are no errors to admit in Esn the only thing he has to admit is his incompetency and shotsightedness in Security matters, both himself and other Governors we have in Se have been so unproductive in their dealings.
should they be told to launch a well trained and equipped regional security outfit, this same man openly said we don't need it.

Esn is a good idea it shames our leaders but it also berates our ideology as independent people Esn is a creation from Ipob a group dat has been proscribed and mind you not all of us are supporters of Ipob. We still have those in Massob,and other seccessionist group,we have the ohaneze youth,we have some who do not subscribe to seccession.
matters like a regional security outfit should be a collective agreement from the whole region, you cant just create an Illegally armed militia and impose it on us as a security outfit.

even my own onyeshi vote will not be taken for granted this way.
It is a grave error to eliminate the only defence you have when you haven't made provision for a better alternative. No matter the imperfections of ESN and their methods, we are still better of with them than living our people defenceless. You people want us to return to the old ways of only talking and lamenting after these attacks then wait until the next attack happens just like umahi is doing now? Back to the days when Ugwuanyi will tell Enugu people to fast and pray after being massacred by Fulanis? Is that what you prefer? I am hundred percent in support of ESN and if people like you are telling me that ESN is not the way to go then tell us what other alternative you have provided or just shut the hell up.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Mysticwebb: 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
One thing I know is that for more a year or two or more, there won't be any herdsmen there. Anyone that mistakenly stray into that community will be sacrificed for the sin of others.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Fejoku: 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Close this one.
Lmao. Why should it be closed? You don't like what he said right?
Don't worry we know the end result already and those Fulani's will pay the price in manifolds.
Gov. Umahi, you will be disappointed so you will confirm what we've been saying all these years. Ohaneze and other Igbo groups will be disappointed by what will happen next so they can finally confirm that the terrorist Nigerian security men are behind them. As for us, we've already signed up for the showdown.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by xelly: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
ablejesus26:

even my own onyeshi vote will not be taken for granted this way.

Whatever you call esn, when you consider the situation we are into, you will know that all the se governors needed was to cross the tis and dot the ies and not to dwell in condemning the man who pulled such force to secure the land nor to invite the military to your land to destroy your supposed security for. I wonder if they will invite the military now to destroy those Fulani herdsmen.

Those from SE have the right and choice to make when it comes to secession but when it has to do with the security of the region, it ought to be a joint effort.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fejoku:

Lmao. Why should it be closed? You don't like what he said right?
Don't worry we know the end result already and those Fulani's will pay the price in manifolds.
Gov. Umahi, you will be disappointed so you will confirm what we've been saying all these years. Ohaneze and other Igbo groups will be disappointed by what will happen next so they can finally confirm that the terrorist Nigerian security men are behind them. As for us, we've already signed up for the showdown.

Shfejfsjy

next
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Jostoman: 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2021
Who give them chance Mr Umahi
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Siwisheswereesh: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good enough, we have some traces of the sponsors, we have the traces of those who came here. I will not disclose it but I am going to escalate the identities of the people to the highest authorities and we wait to see what they will do but we condemn this attack, it is not only happening in Ebonyi State. If it is allowed to go this way, it is capable of generating very serious civil war among the nation of Nigeria.

Coward!

Pigidioott amaka!!

Sorry!!!
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
angry

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by ablejesus26(m): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Abascoh:

It is a grave error to eliminate the only defence you have when you haven't made provision for a better alternative. No matter the imperfections of ESN and their methods, we are still better of with them than living our people defenceless. You people want us to return to the old ways of only talking and lamenting after these attacks then wait until the next attack happens just like umahi is doing now? Back to the days when Ugwuanyi will tell Enugu people to fast and pray after being massacred by Fulanis? Is that what you prefer? I am hundred percent in support of ESN and if people like you are telling me that ESN is not the way to go then tell us what other alternative you have provided or just shut the hell up.

Firstly I am a major stakeholder in the Vigilante security system of my community in Mbaitolu.
secondly it's not necessary to negate this discuss on wat I have or can do alone bcus we are dealing with a collective problem here .

we can start by massively protesting and blocking every govt sector in Ala Igbo and demand the immediate creation of a regional security outfit.

Bakassi was doing quite well initially until they messed up.
if we can have something like bakassi with proper mental training and orientation we would see a massive improvement in Security.

The truth is dat accepting Esn as a security outfit, will be pledging support and alliegiance to Mnk and ipob and dats wat our leaders will never, do

like I said if any region will launch a security outfit,its never the making of a seccessionist group to launch. If you say we should accept esn as a security outfit then massob should also launch and illegally arm a group of men tagging them our regional security outfit.
uche mefor should also do same, after all they are all seccessionist groups and freedom fighters.

truth remains that esn members will continue to hide their faces and be in confrontation with the FG and the SE leaders can't do much about it unfortunately we are still in this failed Union.

Let's not flaunt decorum and paint ourselves as men devoid of decorum.

No man born of a woman has the legalty to independently create anything for Igbo without general approval and acceptance

Igbo has never,is never and will never be a one man business under the calling of one supremacists and dictator from a seccessionist movement.

if we didn't give Ralph uwazurike that privilege why should we give mnk

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by tit(f): 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
Mumu governor.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Fahdiga(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Philipponzaghi:
Fahdiga my friend is that you?
No bro. I'm still in Benin Republic IDP where I went to donate some food items to my Yoruba friends chased away by the Fulanis
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Eastlink(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
ablejesus26:

Firstly I am a major stakeholder in the Vigilante security system of my community in Mbaitolu.
secondly it's not necessary to negate this discuss on wat I have or can do alone bcus we are dealing with a collective problem here .

we can start by massively protesting and blocking every govt sector in Ala Igbo and demand the immediate creation of a regional security outfit.

Bakassi was doing quite well initially until they messed up.
if we can have something like bakassi with proper mental training and orientation we would see a massive improvement in Security.

The truth is dat accepting Esn as a security outfit, will be pledging support and alliegiance to Mnk and ipob and dats wat our leaders will never, do

like I said if any region will launch a security outfit,its never the making of a seccessionist group to launch. If you say we should accept esn as a security outfit then massob should also launch and illegally arm a group of men tagging them our regional security outfit.
uche mefor should also do same, after all they are all seccessionist groups and freedom fighters.

truth remains that esn members will continue to hide their faces and be in confrontation with the FG and the SE leaders can't do much about it unfortunately we are still in this failed Union.

Let's not flaunt decorum and paint ourselves as men devoid of decorum.

No man born of a woman has the legalty to independently create anything for Igbo without general approval and acceptance

Igbo has never,is never and will never be a one man business under the calling of one supremacists and dictator from a seccessionist movement.

if we didn't give Ralph uwazurike that privilege why should we give mnk
You are a true son of your Father. Regardless of the security situation in Igboland, supporting ESN means being subservient to MNK which will never happen. Its better the SE create a strong regional security outfit themselves than make use of the illegal structure of a banned group.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by Philipponzaghi: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fahdiga:
No bro. I'm still in Benin Republic IDP where I went to donate some food items to my Yoruba friends chased away by the Fulanis

Thank God you’re safe.

I initially thought you’re part of those victims.

Chai thank you for donating food to us, hope it’s Amala and Ewedu? Unfortunately your 25 kinsmen hacked to death by the Fulani herdsmen can’t afford to eat anything now. So sad.

I rather eat my Amala and Ewedu in IDP than lie on the ground lifeless.

I pray God gives you and the Igbo nation the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by History555: 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
See the idiot called a gov. After spitting fire and brimstone against esn, he can't even muster the morale to condemn herdsmen in same tone. You want to report herdsmen to herdsmen, see the foolish bastards the south east have as govs. Form vigilante, they say no. Support the one formed, they say no.
Mumu gov who is been fooled by promise of presidency
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by History555: 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
Eastlink:
You are a true son of your Father. Regardless of the security situation in Igboland, supporting ESN means being subservient to MNK which will never happen. Its better the SE create a strong regional security outfit themselves than make use of the illegal structure of a banned group.

And who will create that security outfit, these cowardly bastards govs in the east. Even if they create it will they allow it to fuction. Its like you don't know the idiots the se have for govs
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by ablejesus26(m): 11:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Eastlink:

You see I am not outrightly against esn is an Illegally armed militial expectially if they have what it takes to battle with this blood sucking maruaders ,but I felt insulted as an Igbo man when mnk tagged them as a regional security outfit. We have to call and define them for what they are a militant sect.

Ipob lost every respect I had left for them when I went to their page and saw this guys jubilating and celebrating over the death of Igbos☹️☹️igbos for crying out loud ��

I almost wept that day, and I asked myself where the devil did this guys get their own version of Igbo from

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by hollah123: 11:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
I don't think the Igbo youths really care about what's happening in the east,right now they are more concerned about Tinubu age.so to them this is a distraction.

cc gidgiddy officialgarri Eastlink proeast2 hammervj Asgard13 afonjaconehead FSU Sctests fahdiga mayniaa cynthialove justosee princeoflagos bigsarah optionalY09 selemempe rugaria cyynthiakiss rawhumper donstan18 welcometobiafra
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by hollah123: 11:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
xelly:

Whatever you call esn, when you consider the situation we are into, you will know that all the se governors needed was to cross the tis and dot the ies and not to dwell in condemning the man who pulled such force to secure the land nor to invite the military to your land to destroy your supposed security for. I wonder if they will invite the military now to destroy those Fulani herdsmen.

Those from SE have the right and choice to make when it comes to secession but when it has to do with the security of the region, it ought to be a joint effort.

that's how it should b,I put the blame on Nnamdi Kanu for all these shits n even his supporters.

u can't carry your shoulders up all the time,at least sometimes u have to stoop to conquer.The best thing he ought to do is to seek government backing n once he couldn't get their backing fine no problem.

Everybody was enjoying what ESN was doing till they started killing security operatives,that's where they crossed the line.They started killing security operatives and started taking their weapons,the questions ipob miscreants should ask Nnamdi Kanu is that....what about all the money donated?

what did he use it for?
why not buy weapons for these boys instead of killing security operatives?

Like seriously,had it been ESN didn't start killing security operatives they will still b very much around n waxing stronger today,but instead of looking inward for solutions n asking Nnamdi Kanu some questions they put the blame on others.

B4 ESN started killing security operatives,the army was looking for every way to kill ESN but they have no way n no reason so they were just observing from afar but the moment they started killing security operatives they seized that opportunity n unleash the mayhem they had in mind.
Re: Herdsmen Killed 15 Persons In Ebonyi Communities -gov Umahi by hollah123: 11:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fahdiga:
They are killing your kinsmen in numbers n u are donating food to IDPs in foreign land,now I can confirm it that an Igbo man's house will be burning n he will b chasing rat in another man's house.

idp people are still alive n will come back to Nigeria someday, your kinsmen have been sent on a journey of no return n it's not likely to stop anytime soon but u are more concerned about idp

(1) (2)

Why Nigerian Government Should Pacify Southeast Instead Of War. / Hushpuppi Bribe Abba Kyari: Kemi Olunloyo Drops Fresh Update (VIDEO) / Senators, Reps Fight Dirty Over $10 Million Bribe To Reject Pib’s 5% For Host Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.