Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,882 members, 7,899,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections (6833 Views)

Ajimobi Leads Team In Conducting Cleanup Exercise Across Oyo State -pics / Jonathan Conducting Buhari Round Aso-Villa (Photos) / See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by touchmeder: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
my same tots. anytime i watched the news and saw a corper at the polling booth i said out loud ''God bless our corpers''
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by nodullin(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2011
I am a corp member,
I am glad NIgerians enjoyed the electioneering process,
Though its not over yet,
We promise to continue do our best to uphold this great nation,

'under the rain or in the sun'

we pledge our loyalty!!!!!!
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by mohid(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
Going forward after these elections when our children sing the national anthem in their schools,the line "the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain" would refer to these brave young men and women,who stood their grounds in hostile communities amidst corrupt party agents and bought over policemen and refused to bulge to vote rigging, if indeed we have gotten it right this time around,then these batch of corpers have truly become the heroes of our democracy!
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by laplace(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
I salute your unwavering courage and unparalleled patriotism. Nigerians are very proud of you for the selfless service you rendered to our fatherland. We will remember all of you in our folk lores as generals; who lived in the dens of lions and defended Nigeria. We will tell generations to come of April 9, April 16 and April 26; and encourage them to tell their children and children's children. As we tell the stories with tears, we will mention you; distringuished members of National Youth Service Corps.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by 13volts(m): 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
To the youth corpers
4uck you all for assisting pdp in rigging the election.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by ndigbo: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
The thread Topic made me speechless. For now all i can say to the Corpers is THANK YOU ! Very much for being among those who have put Nigeria on a positive light for conducting atlest for a very long time, a free and fair election. Thank you and thank you once again. wink
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by usbcable(m): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
in my office I tried admonishing a corper to join but she said she was scared.
Am so happy and proud of those that did participate. I had the always believed using them was the best option available as most inec workers are too compromised.
May Allah bless them all in their endeavors.
i wish this happened when i served.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by usbcable(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2011
13volts:

To the youth corpers
4uck you all for assisting pdp in rigging the election.
not all of them will be saints.
but you would be more objective if you would acknowledge the ''overall'' performance of the squad.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by beejay247: 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
Am also a P O in my unit, d work is nt easy
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by tlops(m): 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
good
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by doja(m): 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
To those Corpers who did the work diligently,To those Corpers that were not compromised like the guy in the U-tube video in Rivers State I pray that you get  the reward of a better Nigeria,no matter the state of the Nation, the country will favour you every where you go.You guys will be rewarded by the country in every way.

For those who got compromised, I pray that they receive the reward of a bad Nigeria,even when the country gets better their reward will be that of the ills of the country.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
kudos to you guys ,God will surely crown ur efforts with glory and ur expectations shall not be cut off
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by gymer(m): 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2011
God bless our youth corpers (Amen).
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by jigawatts(m): 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
I am also a corper, I took part in d registration in alagoomeji area of Lagos, and Elections in idumota Lagos island and a big fan of nairaland, I am happy to see dat nairalanders are also commending corpers, I did ma best at ma polling unit, received no gifts whatsover from party agents wnd did ma job d way I was trained, which made dem respect me more, God bless nairalanders, God bless Nigeriai
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by CuteTj(m): 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
A party came and gave me 5k as a tip for the hardwork i put in at my polling unit in Plateau State and not to help them rig oo!!! (i won't mention the party). But i would say im proud of myself despite the not too good environment we are working in and meagre pay we are given by INEC. Its a lifetime experience, can't wait to be done in June. Thank you Nigerians for putting your faith in us.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by kennyone: 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
Thanks 4 d comments guys. out there u need God, guts and wisdom to survive. It is really a real war situation. I can remember during the nass election in one of the centres in delta state. We worked from 7am on saturday and collated till 1am on sunday equivalent to around 18hrs. It is only God that can reward us.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by Ekpoma1: 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
It is not over until it is over. Kudos 2 u guyz!
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by Outstrip(f): 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2011
Thank you. My family and I appreciate your contribution
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by kennyone: 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
Thanks 4 d comments guys. out there u need God, guts and wisdom to survive. It is really a real war situation. I can remember during the nass election in one of the centres in delta state. We worked from 7am on saturday and collated till 1am on sunday equivalent to around 18hrs. It is only God that can reward us.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by nwaghana: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
The Youth Corp Members are always willing to give their best, be it at Election time, Census time, immunization time or through various other community development projects. But my question is: Why does Nigerian government repay good with evil? Why does a corper earn 9500 naira a month and a senator earn 12 million naira a month? Why did the government spend 86 billion naira on this election and paid corpers who did the job mere 7000 naira, which is barely enough for their transportation?
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by Cool: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
I doff my hat to the corpers.
They were the first beckon of hope I had that our votes would be correctly recorded . . .  and they have made me very proud indeed.
Kudos to the corpers!
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by vincent10(m): 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2011
I AM A YOUTH CORPER. I am highly elated seeing the commendations giving to corp members. I salute my fellow corp members with the spirit of democracy, nothwistanding our poor welfare. My condolence goes to all those that lost thier lives for their father's land. I was among those who ensure a free and fair elections in Nigeria, 2011
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2011
i'm a P:O in ICHI ekwusigo L:G:A ANAMBRA STATE where i'm servin. Pls help us beg Jonathan to direct both d fed. Govt, state govt,ministries and parastals to giv INEC corpers authomatic employment instead of givin us a token dat will nt even see us true service year. we are 360,000 in total. This will go a long way to strenghten d spirit of patriotism in nigeria. Pls help us if u hav d connection to reach jonathan, i am proud of Nigeria.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by Jidefido(m): 8:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
Am proud to be a part of the movement, 3 weeks and 2 days of registration wasnt easy as we endured hardship and now the elections where we put our lives at risk, it feels good to be appreciated
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by k9ine(m): 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
My Corps Members, D times leading to & during d elections were very tough & trying times.
But my joy is that you have chosen to "Act Well Your Part", with sincerity, dedication to duty & d will to change things in Nigeria, even when faced with d odds.
I sympathise with you &families of those who lost "serving" corps member in d process & ask God for the repose of their souls.
I also remind you that d more herculean task is in the gubernatorial and State HASS Elections.
Be vigilant, firm and patriotic, and may d Lord God richly bless you. Amen.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by Obiagu1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2011
Reading all these made me cry.

I'll say to all those brave young men and women,

THANK YOU!
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by k9ine(m): 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2011
My Corps Members, D times leading to & during d elections were very tough & trying times.
But my joy is that you have chosen to "Act Well Your Part", with sincerity, dedication to duty & d will to change things in Nigeria, even when faced with d odds.
I sympathise with you &families of those who lost "serving" corps member in d process & ask God for the repose of their souls.
I also remind you that d more herculean task is in the gubernatorial and State HASS Elections.
Be vigilant, firm and patriotic, and may d Lord God richly bless you. Amen.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by lolatom: 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2011
thanks y'all corpers. Ur names will be written in gold.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by ignorantguru(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
nwa-ghana:

The Youth Corp Members are always willing to give their best, be it at Election time, Census time, immunization time or through various other community development projects. But my question is: Why does Nigerian government repay good with evil? Why does a corper earn 9500 naira a month and a senator earn 12 million naira a month? Why did the government spend 86 billion naira on this election and paid[b] corpers[/b] who did the job mere 7000 naira, which is barely enough for their transportation?

please does any one know any link for me to lay my complain.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by osat02: 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
God bless ya all great Corpers, I am Impressed
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by agabaI23(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
Well done my friends. Bless you all.
Re: Drop A Word For The Corp Members Conducting The Elections by kawkab: 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
Our Youth and Corpers have proven once more that we are not as bad as they make us look.

All hail our brave corpers, despite the small pay, difficult terrain, harsh weather, bomb blast in some places and all other obstacles they had the courage to work assiduously to see to the achievement of the objective of this election.

Corpers una too much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inec Releases Names Of Candidates For Bayelsa Guber Election, Excludes Pdp? / Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads / These Pictures Of Almajiri Kids In The North Will Break Your Heart - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.