Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots (74040 Views)

Banks In South-East Comply With IPOB Directive, Bring Down Nigerian Flags / Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) / Wreckage Of Missing NAF Alpha Jet 475 Found In Bama, Body Of Pilot Also Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
babaolofin:

I agreed with you. Boko Haram does not have the means to take a jet down. They are being aided. Also, there is an insider's deal. There are enemies within.

The cases of Afghanistan and Syria showed what can happen anywhere you have foreign interest backing.

When there was a failed coup attemp in Niger Republic few days ago, a Former US Sahel envoy J Peter Pham tweeted that both the President-lect and outgoing President Mahamadou Issoufou were safe. Also, there was a time a military Armoured vehicle was intercepted by the customs after it was cleared from Lagos Port. It took almost a week before it was found out that the Tank belongs to US for an undisclosed operation at Niger Republic.

Former U.S. Sahel envoy is still monitoring events at Niger Republic. This means he was in the U.S. Intelligence Service when he was posted as an envoy. Nigeria also post people from NIA as envoys .

What is happening now is very clear. So many things are happening around Boko Haram and ISWAP issue. Some are working as espionage / informants and negotiators, some want to sell their war equipment. This is the major reason Buhari didn't want to change the Service Chiefs. They want to frustrate and push new service chief to fresh negotiations. I really sympathize with NAF losing one jet per month . How many operational jets do we have?

I think we all know that internal and probably external interests are involved in the affairs of Boko Haram and ISWAP.

Thats why I think it is best to cut that region loose. It pains me when I see boys from the south losing their lives for a pointless conflict fanned by sympathetic elements in the very same north itself. Mtcheww

Yeye region and conflict..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by dvkot(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
hakeem4:

anyone can claim anything
hot eba dey your brain
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by 77star: 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Which missles are you talking about..
Oga it was an rpg that shot it down and in reality it should have never happened

Well, this is Nigeria
Where anything can happen
Where impossible can be possible

Where abnormal has become normal
Whereby, if you are not corrupt and bad
U will be labeled MUMU
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by donem: 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mrtaye:

Wow espirit de corp nice to meet you,I once loved to join the army but when I did NMS exam at the Ikeja military cantonment sometime around 1994 and I passed the exams but God knows why I wasn't picked...I was so devastated
Pleased to meet you too sir, like you rightly concluded, indeed God knows best. keep forging ahead in your endeavors, Bravo Zulu.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Pacesetter123(m): 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kingfragz:
Weapons wey Nigerian army no get oo....

Am still baffled ,,how do they smuggle all this into tge country for heaven's sake
So you think there is boarder control in the north?
Do you ask yourself how the herdsmen they said are foreigners do come into Nigeria from neighbouring country with AK47 ? No boarder check in the north at all!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Idiko1: 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Understand my statement BH can't can never shoot done a jet without error from the pilot..
Tell me what BH has that can shoot down a jet not on ground level

Stinger (MANPADS) is sold at $38,000 USD or more and could be obtained from the illegal market. It is an RPG unit on steroid. Instead of firing a dumb grenade, Stinger fires heat-seeking missile. It is shoulder carried and incorporated radar system. It can down any jetfighter within the range of surface-to-air missile.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by bizzibodi(m): 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
kingthreat:

That's how you address your elders? A product of failed home training.
LOL!elder indeed btw eyebrows & moustache do U know who is d elder?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by luluosas(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2021
My condolences to the bereaved family. But why was the aircraft flying low in a battle ground? I hope these southern pilots were not sacrificed by the northern oligarchs in the military. It is well

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Idiko1:

Stinger (MANPADS) is sold at $38,000 USD or more and could be obtained from the illegal market. It is an RPG unit on steroid. Instead of firing a dumb grenade, Stinger fires heat-seeking missile. It is shoulder carried and incorporated radar system. It can down any jetfighter within the range of surface-to-air missile.

And since the beginning of this war..
How many jets have they brought down
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Pacesetter123(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Is it not the same NAF Jet the chief of Air Staff went to Borno yesterday to go and rescue?
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyglm:
please what are you arguing self. are you saying its pilot error was the reason the plane was down at the Battle field. what kind of error if I may ask. or you didn't bothered to read the news article.

The pilot was flying low in which case it shouldn't have
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
hakeem4:
How do we know it’s boko haram. It could be isis in the Middle East

YOU ARE REALLY NOT A SMART PERSON.
PEOPLE WITH THIS TYPE OF MENTALITY YOU HAVE ARE THE PROBLEMS OF THE SOCIETY.
DO THOSE PEOPLE IN THE FOOTAGES APPEAR TO BE PEOPLE OF MIDDLE EAST ASIA?
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Sammerboi: 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
Supan:
Planned script by the fulani jihadist... How can an ordinary RPG shoot down a fast flying jet fighter, when it is not guided with signal or heat seeking device? Was it flying two feet above the ground to be gunned down easily when it isn't helicopter?

I believe their flight path and height was leaked to BH by their brothers in the army, so they could position well to shoot it down.

They keep sending southerners in their compromised army to their early grave. keeping the south weakened militarily.

Well, if any southerner thinks serving together with BH sympathizers in a compromised army like Nigeria's is Patriotism and not foolishness, RiP in advance to him.

Buhari will never allow Boko Haram to be defeated.

Boko Haram is Buhari and also Fulani herdsmen.

Argue with next level change.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by saajus: 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
We are just wasting lives "awon omolomo" on something drones can do. They went for reconnaissance not engagement. Drones can do it better. In fact, advanced nations even use drones to engage.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by okeyglm: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

a pilot on combat mission flys low. this is not ist or second time bh are hitting aircraft
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Zane2point4(m): 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
vioment:

I feel you but I no dey line of blames. I prefer solutions.

Every state in Nigeria is in the borderline of stone ages. When compared to the height We suppose dey. We all have work to do. And it will be faster and have more quality if all hands(corners) are on deck.
Yes I believe we all have work to do as u said, but the big question is whether the leaders want it?

I believe they're many officers qualified for all these post but due to nepotism and tribalism he only conciders a particular section of the country, is that how we're going to work together?

Until they shun nepotism and embrace competency nothing will work.

How can a rag tag army shoot down a jet with ordinary AA gun, a supersonic jet though an ancient jet per say, but if those boys knew what they're were doing they don't suppose to fly too low with that shitty box blc I believe it won't have state of the art warning or missile deterrent system.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
Supan:
Planned script by the fulani jihadist... How can an ordinary RPG shoot down a fast flying jet fighter, when it is not guided with signal or heat seeking device? Was it flying two feet above the ground to be gunned down easily when it isn't helicopter?

I believe their flight path and height was leaked to BH by their brothers in the army, so they could position well to shoot it down.

They keep sending southerners in their compromised army to their early grave. keeping the south weakened militarily.

Well, if any southerner thinks serving together with BH sympathizers in a compromised army like Nigeria's is Patriotism and not foolishness, RiP in advance to him.

Buhari will never allow Boko Haram to be defeated.

Boko Haram is Buhari and also Fulani herdsmen.

Argue with next level change.
Pls don't comment out of emotion or hatred for others, u can never ever be a good leader. You need to re-read the news and see what they've allegedly used to shoot it down.
During GEJ administration u refused to believe any news abt Boko Bokoharam which their activities started since OBJ regime and became terrorists group under ur demigods party.
What happened now is nothing compared to the war horror BH unleashed on people between 2011-2015. Nobody will force u to believe BH activities is drastically decapitated from a group terrorising abt 12 states and Abuja to only Borno and Yobe state.
Go and read how strong BH is, the sophisticated communication gadgets they use, the weapins they use, BH has better drones than Nigerian military, they so often intercept military signal. So this isn't something new, our only concern is for the military to stop giving us false hope that they defeat these people rather they should mind their business.
I really doubt the intellect of people like you who can't see, listen and comprehend eventualities but rather accept any conspiracy feed into your head.
When GEJ was President, almost all northerners believed he was the main actor behind BH killings in the North just because of intolerance & dangerous politicking. Now, PMB become President the game has shifted from North to south, as Southerners are now accusing him of being behind all current mayhem because of the same reason.
Most Nigerians don't know anything in their religion except extreme hatred, bigotry, intolerance and ignorance. Religion is a disaster to many Nigerians!
May we live long to witness more elections; in 2023 there is potential of new faces out of the circle of GEJ and PMB. A new conspiracies will keep coming untill we buy sense.
I seriously challenge the mental capacity of people like u who can't use their brain to see things beyond politics.
Let see who you'll accuse after PMB is out of power!
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by WilyWily: 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
Haaahaaa, good one from Boko Haram holy soldiers.
Dirty Stinky Nigeria soldiers are Rats
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by bizzibodi(m): 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Why do you guys keep mentioning missle
That guy think missile na beans..he doesn't know some missile is 3x faster than a jet & if it lock on a jet yawa don gas..but I pray BH dnt hav d least SAM.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by faste: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
Duplexxx:
The forest need to be sweep out
For street NA cannot fight na for forest them wan fight?
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by faste: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
kingthreat:
De-weaponize the terrorists. Let them be unable to have anti-aircraft artillery. If they can do this, the military should begin a combined ruthless assault against the terrorists.
How do u do that?
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nairalandmonika: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
Tolexander:
These people are getting sophisticated daily.
Don’t be surprised seeing them launching a furious assault soon on strategic places in Nigeria. if we aren’t careful.
Quite sure someone in the Nigerian military intelligence is leaking some information to them
Please let them attack fast, that will be the downfall of Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by jude33084(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

What facts have you provided beyond believing propaganda footage? Thats right none.

Have I provided examples from multiple military aircraft scenarios, yes.

Thats why I said at this point I have little interest in arguing with a man who displays little knowledge of jets or the type of technology required to down them.

Even the Me262 arguably one of the first military jets (aside from the British Gloster Meteor) was so fast, the only way to destroy it during WW2 (over 70 years ago) was when it was on the ground or either taking off or landing..

So the idea of a modern jet which is even faster and more advanced being downed by small arms fire is even more ridiculous to be honest.

Since when Alpha jets modern?
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by justtoodark: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
Idiko1:

Bro not only docile but ignorant.

extremly ignorant too....
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by jimmynauty: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
Honesty111:
WTF

ESN WSN must be ready
To your tents oh israel
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nairalandmonika: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
bizzibodi:

That guy think missile na beans..he doesn't know some missile is 3x faster than a jet & if it lock on a jet yawa don gas..but I pray BH dnt hav d least SAM.
Shey the pilot cannot evacuate and abandone the jet, anyway I'm not surprised, it this very country that an airforce pilot crashed and died while training for ordinary independent Day celebration.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Idiko1: 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

And since the beginning of this war..
How many jets have they brought down

Not every army can operate any weapon. I guess the rank of Boko Haram has swollen by people who can really read and comprehend. You must have a brain development beyond high school level to operate certain technological advanced weaponry.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Idiko1: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Not true. Alpha jets are constructed for low level operations too. Not every jet fighter is high altitude operator.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by jude33084(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

Post the evidence..

bro this is not actually the the first time!
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by jude33084(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
okeyglm:
search over in the net

you wont get any?

they have taken all the videos down.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
"how we...."

"Why i...."

"What I did....."

Which kind of illiterate bloggers are we breeding in Nigeria?

Same taglines, rubbish English phrases and paper punchlines.

The whole thing has become popular now.

Why I think the devil should sew your black nyashes!
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Skepticus: 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
kingthreat:
De-weaponize the terrorists. Let them be unable to have anti-aircraft artillery. If they can do this, the military should begin a combined ruthless assault against the terrorists.

Are you crazy?

Haven't the events going for years taught you clowns a lesson?

The blood suckers you are asking to de-weaponize boko haram are the ones weaponizing them.

Boko haram has a share in your military's yearly budget.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye / Buhari Pictured In A Meeting With British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond / Unknown Gunmen Kill Fulani Cows In Nnewi, Anambra State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.