Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,046 members, 7,946,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style (52156 Views)

Putin Given Royal Welcome As He Arrives UAE & Saudi Arabia In Style (Photos) / Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities / Prince Philip To Join Late Kings And Queens In A 200-Year-Old Iron Vault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Administration1: 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
Beremx:
Where is the browser cache located? E don tey I go school. I am always having problems viewing Explorers pictures though.

Check your settings and you'll see something like privacy and security, then clear browsing data
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by davies(m): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2021
Not like Nigeria cannot do something good with tourism but corruption won't allow our senseless leaders do the right thing.
I just hope say we, the Youths will have sense and do the needful at the right time
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by YoungAncient1: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2021
See beauty abeg! Whatever happened to Ancient Egypt
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by EdiskyHarry: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Know the difference EGYPT IS A COUNTRY

NIGERIA IS A COMBINATION OF THREE COUNTRIES

IMAGINE ISREAL IN THE SAME COUNTRY WITH EGYPT DOING ITS OUR TURN FOR PRESIDENCY
honestly you are making sense.
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by kuntash: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
mansakhalifa:
Maybe I don't know anything at all.

But I think they should have left those things in their original resting places. sad

They just tampered with history by moving them to new locations.

Now having said that... splendid parade this was.

*** Do not forget something. This is for tourism. You might be thinking why they have spent so much. But you just have to spend money to make even more money.

Watch how tourists flock to the new museum the moment life returns to normal after the global pandemic.

Talk about thinking long term.

your statement or opinion is very contradictory ... they should have left them , they are thinking long term ..
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by SenorFax(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
bigcee:

Nigerians, sha. Na wa o! grin
And you thought all they portray Egypt to be in movies are mere for entertainment or fallacy?
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by SenorFax(m): 3:08pm On Apr 04, 2021
tonididdy:

It is believed that great plagues await those who disturb these tombs.

It is believed that this singular act of digging up and migrating mummies has caused Egypt some deaths already in the past few days (weeks).

... The Suez canal blockage
.... A train collision killing dozens
... A building collapse in Cairo
... A mysterious fire at Egypt cotton industry
... All of this in less than 10days

Hence the reason for this gigantic colourful, worthy of a god parade to appease them to their final resting place
Little did they know Egypt is know to be very spiritual. They thought all the movie about them are merely for entertainment.
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by franchasng: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
When Egypt was a great nation before Muslim invaders conquered it and destroyed their science and technology just as Muslim terrorists have finished plans to conquer Nigeria and turn it to Somali and Chad
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
KingAzubuike:

She wasn't.. see was obese and Cruel. One of the most hated ruler of Egypt ever
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Egypt so clouded in mystery there are courses in European and American universities called Egyptology
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by witworth(m): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
Great nation
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by steve6: 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
Interesting!
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Davigle(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
All I see here is white Arabs who have stolen a culture that does not be long to them. Ancient Egyptians are known to be blacks that was why they where referred to as burnt skin in some historical writings. It's all there if you read about the history of ancient egypt and also the kingdom of kush or the nubian people.
###I come in peace...

1 Like

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by drnoel: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Famousdex1: 4:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
Good
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2021
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by pacespot(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
kkins25:
na islam

What does Islam have to do with this, do you even know the time that the great pharaoh ruled Egypt? None of the two major religions today, Christianity and Islam, were in practice then, Jesus came to this world about two thousand years ago, while mohamed came much later, the pharaoh the ruler of Egypt reigned over 1500 BC ago, so where is the correlation. Mind you, the ancient egyptians were not even muslims, it was much later after the pharaoh that the nation turned into a Muslim majority country.
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by noisy45(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2021
I pray isis and alquada does not destroy those mummies
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by gentleibraheem(m): 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
Na that tuntankamun abi na Wetin dem dey call am sef. Na him I want see
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by FishLaps: 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Explorers:
Royal mummies seen in a video screened during the ceremony. The Tourism and Antiquities Ministry are also live-streaming the event on social media platforms.

The mummified remains of 22 ancient Egyptian kings and queens who died more than 3,000 years ago.

The kings and queens reigned during the 17th through 20th dynasties of 2021 Cursed Images ancient Egypt, which is 3,500 to 3,100 years ago, and a majority of them were discovered in two archaeological excavations in the late 1880s. Pictured is one of the sites in Luxor in the 1880s
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
Explorers:
King Seti I, who died in 1279 BC, also joined the procession.

He is known for bringing prosperity to Egypt during his reign, following his father's two years of ruling.

The linen-wrapped mummy of the 18th Dynasty Pharaoh Tutankhamun, displayed in a climate-controlled glass case in his underground tomb.

The mummified remains of Queen Hatshepsut, ancient Egypt's most famous female pharaoh, lie in a glass case.

The mummy of Ramses II (1301-1235 BC), son of Sethy at Cairo Museum

These mummies are still in pretty good condition
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Foodqueen(f): 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kirigidi:
"Pharaoh" was a royal title used by the kings of ancient Egypt just as you have kingship titles like Oba, Ooni, Obi, Igwe, Ovie, Emir, Obong, etc. It's not just a name of one particular person, rather Pharaoh is the "title" answered by all kings of ancient Egypt after been crowned. So there were countless Pharaohs who had ruled Egypt in the ancient time.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Foodqueen(f): 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
miqos02:
yes, the Bible mentioned at least two pharaohs. The one that made Joseph a prime minister and the the one that enslaved the Israelites.

Thanks aload

1 Like

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Foodqueen(f): 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
AkuOlisa:
[color=#006600][/color]

Pharaoh is a kingly title.
Thank you
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Foodqueen(f): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
miqos02:
pharaoh is a title like the ooni of Ife, olu of warri.

PHARAOH OF EGYPT

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Shalommy(f): 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2021
Egypt. I love this country
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Heffalump(m): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Nigeria don suffer.
Gbas gbos left and right.

Wetin we go con do to this country now for Christ's sake!

Kill am.
Just kill it!
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
Beremx:
It’s because of you I am downloading it o! Because it’s only your pictures I cannot view. grin cheesy

How far?
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by arantess: 10:10pm On Apr 04, 2021
DAramis:

I understand where you are coming from and I think, it was part of their culture (kinda of to preserve their blood line rather than taint it with a peasant blood through marriage).

Same way the Jews, and part of Muslim peoples marries within their extended families (cousins marrying cousins etc). Even, British royalty would never allow their daughters to marry a peasant (including Megan and Harry that has been talking trash about royalty and how it is choking them).

Modified***

I saw your last statement. Maybe it was a mixup on my side.... Nefetari and nefertiti.
Yea, all european monarchs are even related; netherlands, denmark, spain, UK, norway...geez
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Foodqueen:
Pharaohs as how

Is pharaoh a title or a name

Don't come for me, IAM not good at history so I want to learn.

Thought it was just one pharaoh that was recorded in the Bible.

Explorer
The term "Pharaoh" is a title for "King". Just like Oba or Eze or Emir
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Beremx(f): 8:10am On Apr 05, 2021
Explorers:

How far?
still the same. I think it’s from your end. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zambian Minister On His Knees As President Lungu Talks To Him (Photo) / Gambian Presdent, Barrow Pictured With His Family Ahead Of His Inauguration / Kenyan Woman Destroying Her Husband's Land Rover (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.