Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,496 members, 7,885,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Western Nigeria Development And News Thread - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Nigeria Development And News Thread (44159 Views)

Eastern Nigeria Development Commission (ENDC)projects / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures / Map Of South Western Nigeria Showing 61 Locations Of Fulani Settlements In West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
Cubes Arcade/bowling alley, Ventura Mall, Samonda, Ibadan.

8 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
Tonim:
Cubes Arcade/bowling alley, Ventura Mall, Samonda, Ibadan.
You are doing a very nice job on this thread. Bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by kevapet: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2021
shocked
Tonim:
China House Restaurant, Oluyole Estate, Ibadan.
Chinese presence in Ibadan now? Wawu. Lebanese used to have Ibadan on total lockdown. Wimpys, Foodco, Koko dome, Zartech and many others. Even many don't know ex first lady, Florence Ajimobi is Lebanese. There are couple Europeans too working with multinationals like British America Tobacco, research like IITA and others. I think constructions here and there brought the Chinese community to our beautiful, ancient fast developing city. Wonderful. Thanks for the picture Tonim. You are simply amazing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 6:47am On Jul 04, 2021
kevapet:

Thank you very much @kevapet wink

It’s out of love for our beloved Yorubaland.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
kevapet:

Well said.

Great job for the wonderful pictures tonim.

It is of great delight to see the beautiful pictures of Ibadan and the rest of the SW.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
kevapet:
shocked Chinese presence in Ibadan now? Wawu. Lebanese used to have Ibadan on total lockdown. Wimpys, Foodco, Koko dome, Zartech and many others. Even many don't know ex first lady, Florence Ajimobi is Lebanese. There are couple Europeans too working with multinationals like British America Tobacco, research like IITA and others. I think constructions here and there brought the Chinese community to our beautiful, ancient fast developing city. Wonderful. Thanks for the picture Tonim. You are simply amazing.

The Lebanese still have a large presence in Ibadan and yes, Florence Ajimobi’s dad is Lebanese.

There are at least 5-6 chinese restaurants in Ibadan alone and I think Lebanese might even be more.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
Abeokuta needs a large central park with beautiful trees, green lawn, lake/pond etc. Similar to Agodi
Gardens in Ibadan.

It can be built in two or three phases to spread out costs.

The govt can partner with the private sector.

People would drive from Lagos for the fresh air and beauty of nature.

It would also boost tourism ( and IGR) for Ogun State.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
Arnold1:

Well said.

Great job for the wonderful pictures tonim.

It is of great delight to see the beautiful pictures of Ibadan and the rest of the SW.

Thank you!
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
Lagos Marriott Hotel, Ikeja GRA, Lagos.

Opened May, 2021.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
Lagos Marriott Hotel, Ikeja GRA, Lagos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by GNature(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Arnold1:

Abeokuta needs a large central park with beautiful trees, green lawn, lake/pond etc. Similar to Agodi
Gardens in Ibadan.

It is long overdue. It would be a beautiful thing I swear.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by GNature(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
Tonim:

Wow shocked

Money is a good thing o, this place is wonderful chai

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2021
Arnold1:

Gardens in Ibadan

Great suggestion @Arnold1

I wish Ogun State govt sees this post.

If Gov Abiodun does this in ABK, he would leave a great legacy for himself.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 8:17am On Jul 05, 2021
GNature:

Wow shocked

Money is a good thing o, this place is wonderful chai

God bless us with money & abundance. The place is majestic.

Even though they moved the capital from Lagos to Abuja 30 years ago,
foreign investments has continued unabated in Lagos wink

You can imagine the millions of dollars Marriott pumped into the hotel.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by maxell(f): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
Arnold1:

Gardens in Ibadan.

Agreed! A befitting city park in ABK would be wonderful.

Many wonderful thoughts and ideas on this thread.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by maxell(f): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
kevapet:
It is already. He even re-built or maybe re-modeled Eleyele dam from the ordinary reservoir they left it all these years. And then building water park in the other part. Also building 4 ultra modern bus station(Terminal) all in Ibadan. Late Ajimobi laid a very good foundation for a modern Ibadan and it's nice seeing Seyi walking in that path. Being from Ibadan is prolly some added advantage.

This sounds really good. A lot of upgrading/modernization is needed in Ibadan metropolis. Ajimobi really tried in Ibadan. May his soul RIP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by maxell(f): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
Tonim:

Opened May, 2021.

Thank you for the pictures tonim. This hotel is astonishing kiss

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
Arnold1:

Gardens in Ibadan.

Imagine ABK having a park such as the pics below. It’ll be lovely.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nisiw365: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
kevapet:
shocked Chinese presence in Ibadan now? Wawu. Lebanese used to have Ibadan on total lockdown. Wimpys, Foodco, Koko dome, Zartech and many others. Even many don't know ex first lady, Florence Ajimobi is Lebanese. There are couple Europeans too working with multinationals like British America Tobacco, research like IITA and others. I think constructions here and there brought the Chinese community to our beautiful, ancient fast developing city. Wonderful. Thanks for the picture Tonim. You are simply amazing.
Is foodco owned by a lebanese?
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
jrjfjfj:
The earlier my fellow Yorubas realize that igbos doesnt love you the better for them .All they are after is to mock you after your downfall.Any Yoruba doing anything with igbo or fulani is going to regret it at the end .Igbo and fulani have been friends since BALEWA/AZIKWE Government in 1959.So forget that trash of igbos telling you they hate fulanis,Igbos and fulanis are allies ,YORUBAS DONT BE FOOLED.

I understand if you say they don’t like us, but to say they are allies. I disagree. Just my opinion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
Tonim:

And it is very much doable. Just need the land.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Sade Adu (Folashade Adu).

Mega music star Sade was born in Ibadan. Her father (from Ekiti state) met her mother (british) while he was studying at the London
School of Economics.

Sade left Nigeria with her mom for the UK when she was four years old.

She is one of the most successful female artists of all time. She has sold more than 75 million
records worldwide.

Some of her hits include :

- The sweetest taboo

- Your love is king

- Smooth Operator

- No ordinary love

- Love is stronger than pride

She reportedly has a net worth of £50 miilion pounds.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2021
Fajuyi Park & Environs, Ado-ekiti

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
MITROS Residences, Ibara, Abeokuta.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
Abeokuta

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by maxell(f): 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sade Adu is so fine kiss

Didn’t know she was actually born in Ibadan. Thank you tonim wink

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by maxell(f): 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
Tonim:
Kabachi Chinese Restaurant, Ventura Mall, Samonda, Ibadan

I will be visiting this Mall next time I’m in Ibadan. Lots of nice stores/shops.

I love me some IB city.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 12:14am On Jul 12, 2021
BOFT Mall is currently being built at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.

See rendering of the mall below

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Factshunter: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ogun state

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by GNature(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
kevapet:
Hhmm. If only Aketi didn't abandon the new stadium and the other one in Ile-Oluji. It's even more shameful that there's no government presence in Ondo city(Ondo state second largerst city at that). Even Akure literally have nothing to show as the state capital other than population. Ondo state is too underdeveloped for my liking. Ondo state is an oil producing state for heaven sake. The only good thing about the state is just good roads. Nothing else to show for the Oil, cocoa and fish. Aketi should do more.

I agree. Segun Mimiko tried modernizing the state ( I know he had issues paying salaries), Aketi did not continue
from where he left off.

There is no reason to justify abandoning the new stadium.
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by GNature(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2021
maxell:

Sade Adu is so fine kiss

Didn’t know she was actually born in Ibadan. Thank you tonim wink

Sade has such a beautiful voice. I always thought she was born in the UK
to a yoruba father.

Thank you tonim for the wonderful contribution you are making to this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by GNature(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tonim:

I concur. As stated, the park can be developed in phases over time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

Lilian Onoh Becomes Nigeria’s Ambassador To Namibia (Photos) / Police Called As Nigerians Storm Abuja House In UK To Protest Against Buhari.PIC / You Can’t Succeed Outside Your Educational Qualification - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.