Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,975 members, 7,963,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:52 AM

MONEY GAME: Your Ultimate Fuel Source - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MONEY GAME: Your Ultimate Fuel Source (106 Views)

MONEY GAME: 3 Painful Reasons Why Spending Recklessly Hurts You More / MONEY GAME: How Reading This Book Changed My Financial Life Forever / Simple Steps To Develop A Second Source Of Income In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MONEY GAME: Your Ultimate Fuel Source by HameenAbdul(m): 3:39am On Apr 05, 2021
[img=https://photos.app./4G9cnUFUNuQecR3X9][/img]

Hey, listen to this! Which of these things below do you want?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money to throw parties?
Money for data, and in whatever amount you want?
Money to pay for your sibling's education?
Money to get an apartment in Lekki?
Money for a Camry Muscle?
Money for your own education?
Money to travel abroad?
Peace-of-mind kind of money?
Do-you-know-who-I-am kind of money?
.....and so on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good! I have two pieces of news for you. Feel free to categorise them as good news or bad news.

First News: This will change your life tremendously in ways you can't comprehend
Second News: It won't be easy.

If you've decided to make money for one or any other reason above, I can't help but congratulate you.

Why?

This is because I have witnessed, first hand, the derogatory effects of poverty. Yes, first hand! For you to decide to change your financial life for good gives me great joy. Not just that, I'll personally give you a list of all the resources I have come across that has helped me in my journey and are still helping me.

Now, to the crust of the matter. This path you have chosen, my friend, will test you in ways you can phatom.
- You won't be able to buy things as you normally do anymore;

- You'll need to begin to read and soak up knowledge more;

- You'll begin making tough decisions

- Making sacrifices will become routine

- Those 10 hours you use in sleeping will be subsidized.

Heck, this is just the beginning.

Was this piece meant to scare you/

Definitely, NO!

It's meant to prepare you for what is to come.

There is, however, ONE THING I know of that can pull you through the hardest of temptations and through the deepest of downturns...

This thing is YOUR WHY.....................YOUR REASON FOR WANTING TO BE FINANCIALLY WELL OFF

This thing is YOUR WHY.....................YOUR REASON FOR WANTING TO BE FINANCIALLY WELL OFF

* Why is it important to work on improving your finances before you eat in the morning?
* Why is it extremely vital to delay spending recklessly?
* Why is it important for you to not sleep until you finish the work you had to do that day?
* Why is it important for you to prefer spending money on improving yourself than on spending it on something else?

WHY! WHY!! WHY!!

If all you can come up with are some reasons that do not put fire in your body, then you've not dug well enough.

For me, some of my WHYs went like this:
- I want to have money to buy as much shawarma as I want.
- I want to be able to buy original and durable clothes instead of going for "bend down select" or buy two take one free.
- I want to be able to afford anything I want without subjecting myself to mental gymnastics about whether I can afford it or not.
- I want to be able to take good care of those who are important to me.
- I want to visit Dubai, Kenya, Seychelles and Brazil.
- I want to be able to help my close friends financially whenever they need help.....and so on.

Think:

* How badly do you want to go to the university while sponsoring yourself?
* How badly do you hate that your small, "face me I blow you" room?
* What do you want to be able to afford?
* How badly do you want to leave this country?
* Who do you want to prove wrong?
* How badly do you want to leave your parent's house and be independent?
* How badly do you want to feel the blessing that comes from asking people for their account number?
* What girl do you love so much that you want to be able to take good care of her when you marry her?
* Who do you want to help?

Find where God has situated the numerous filling stations in you because you are going to need thousands of gallons of petrol on this journey. These WHYs you have written down will act as petrol for when your energy runs dry, when you hit a roadblock or when you're about to give up. These fuel stations will push you when you need it the most, strengthen you when you become tired and provide you with the energy to keep pressing forward.

In the end, it won't all be sad moments. There will also be really good moments upfront, so, be mindful. Be rest assured that this journey will strengthen you, toughen you up and make your bank account heavier in the not so distant future. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

Till we meet again,

Your Friend,

Abdulrahaman

__________________________________________________________________________________________