Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,266 members, 7,943,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV (8018 Views)

Has Buhari Successfully Reduce Our Army To Women? / NASS N9bn Fallout: We’ll Reduce Our Salaries, Allowances – Saraki / Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by bdidi: 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
I think the allegation is true FACT. when i was voting i noticed a perculiar behavior from my stomach. the computer program was trying to add amala and fufu into the already full eba I had eaten earlier. Now I have not shat since the elections. I willsue GEJ if i die of constipation insha allah Angry

grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry i don laugh so tey, so tey so tey, so tey, water dey commot for my eyes. Una no go kill person for this thread. LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by kasiem(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
Candidly, night school is playing out its full features in buhari's reasoning. I'm ready to donate so that buhari can go to school and after that Gej will purchase a laptop 4 him.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Omooba77: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
Chei! As brilliant as Tony Momoh is, he too can believe this funny  story? I don tire, Wonder shall never end. BB supporters will be thanking their stars that this man did not win! How will this old man fit into international community? God save Nigeria! This change would have brought us backward 50 years, Shekanai!!!!!!
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by bisiaet: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
Oh heaven so is now computer programme that reduce your vote!!!!!!!! I now realised that illiteracy and foolishness is a serious terminal disease.

But for gooness sake why is it that the supporters of Buhari are as adamant and undemocratic just like him?
Please how in a heaven did Buhari think he or CPC or whatever they call themselves will ever win a single state in SS, SW, SE for God sake can't these people listen and understand for once??

A broad day light vote was cast only your own vote has a computer error please look at this statement how does it sound in you own ear?

A liar will always be a lair if a man could wake up and say a computer was made to deliberately single out CPC voting card and reduced its number of vote is a complete mad man thinking to be honest.

The truth is it is all over I repeat it over and over Buhari will not be the president of this country again and never, you North can not and will never impose leader on us again, God as send Gej to exposed all your past bogus electorate figure that has always say you have the majority whereas is a lie and deception. Pls all Nigeria has told you all CPC and Hausa if you are not please with the result please join Niger Republic in fact we will throw a big jubilation we are tired and sick of your games plssss let us alone for now we have moved on to the next stage which is the Governorship election
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by ufumes(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
They are so convinced that some software had been installed on Inec's system. Probably the software was installed to generate votes for cpc and then it failed, so they assumed that pdp installed, probably a stronger software. Software or no software, the election results was collated from each state, i wonder the magical role of a rigging software in this issue. We have not even started digital voting and we get this kind of complaints, can u imagine what we will hear when we fully go digital
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Makbo: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
No, not at all, that is not funny !!! That is a french 'savoir-Faire" widely used in african francophone countries to defraud elections.  Gej benefited from the french company SAGEM expertise to perpetrate that massive fraud.
Do some research on the company SAGEM, you will find out lot of things!
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Adanora: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very Funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Only CPC votes, what happened to ACN, ANPP and the rest. BUHARI and his GANG should go & HUG TRANSFORMER. I DEY LAUGH IN IJAW
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by efisher(m): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
I think it is a macro called "Beaf" that was used. It is designed specifically to target and destroy CPC votes. Seun tested the macro on nairaland before the election. On the election day, Beaf was installed on INEC's computers and in every INEC official's brain. Till now, the macro has not be traced.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by bababuff(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2011
jmaine:

must be the same computer programme that converted supposed mature voters to underage category .it even had the power of a physical manifestation when those mature voters were magically transformed into the toddlers that voted for Buhari . . That programme na die . .heard is a variant of the reverred stuxnet malware , undecided

LOL. what about the goats that voted for BB?   grin grin
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Validated: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
@ Makbo: No, not at all, that is not funny !!! That is a french 'savoir-Faire" widely used in african francophone countries to defraud elections.  Gej benefited from the french company SAGEM to perpetrate that massive fraud.

SURE!!!  Please, give us your manually collated results from PU.  Yours agents were in 120,001 PUs, the results were signed by them, copies were given to them; if you have challenges by PUs, collate by Ward or LGA.  What is your POLL.  "If Excel Spread sheet is giving you problem, please try LOTUS 123" - lol grin, but give Nigerians your own collate results!
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Kristaz(m): 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2011
You can now see the mindsets of people that wanted to take over power,people living in the stone age-Buhari and Tony Mumu,No wonder Buhari wept openly few days to d election.Jega is too honest a man for CPC to dent his image.In Ibo language,BUHARI means 'To turn things upside down or to scatter things'.so he lost the election because of his pedigre and track record,no computer programme was installed to rub him of victory.QED
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by seguno2: 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
Is this why the bully and tyrant had to unleash his horde of almajiris and under aged voters to loot, maim and kill christians and southerners in the North 
And he could not take the opportunity offerd him on AlJazeera on Sunday evening to call his bunch of rascals to order since he was going to write a petition and have his party go to the court to challenge the result 
The blood thirsty hausa officer of 1966 has apparently not changed - ready to participate in the cold blooded murder of innocent people. as related on page 32 of this link:

http://www.omoigui.com/files/military_counterrebellion_july_1966.pdf

He obviously is not a democrat despite his pretentions of late just in order to be in power since he can no longer make coups.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by feeljohnny(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
Uhm,  What makes cpc think they are d one whose figures are programmed 2 b reduced? Was there any figure different from what their party agent signed at each ward down 2 state with that annouced by jega? Loooosing is not a crime, they should go and prepare 4 2015 but definately not wit buhari' cos looser is his name,
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by johnie: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
Here's my take on this issue which I posted earlier today:

I first heard the allegation that INEC software had been used to rig the elections from one of the CPC agents on Sunday.

The agent claimed at that time that ‘INEC software' had been programmed to reduce the CPC votes by 40%. I was very curious to know why/how a computer program that would deliver such sensitive information would be rigged in such a manner as it would be very easy to detect such a fraud.

Better information was however provided by the same agent and the chairman of the party yesterday.

Malam Almajiri Geidam, while speaking the Channels correspondent (Lanre Lasisi) after the INEC chairman declared the results last night, complained that the excel sheets used for collating the results for Kano and one other state (probably Kaduna) did not compute the total votes for CPC correctly, giving totals that were about 40% short of what they (CPC) had collated on the field.

In answering further questions from the reporter (who I must say asked very brilliant questions), Geidam said that the excel sheet left out the figures of some local governments but admitted that the results of the two states were corrected when they were pointed out to INEC.

When asked if he thought that CPC had been targeted for this treatment, Geidam admitted that he did not know if the same problem applied to other parties but that they CPC) noticed the error, pointed it out to INEC and that it was corrected.

The major grouse of CPC was that the same error might have applied to all other states and that that was why they insisted that the results should be recomputed manually.

When I listened to the press conference addressed by the party's chairman, Prince Tonyy Momoh, he admitted that the error was not that of reduction of 40% exactly from their votes tally.

Thinking about the whole matter, I came to the conclusion (based on the information available to me) that  Excel spreadsheets were prepared to capture the votes scored by each party in each local government. The spreadsheet s for the two states were defective in that the SUM() function was not  correctly entered by leaving out some rows or columns. I think this might have been an innocent mistake by whoever programmed the spreadsheet and the same problem most likely applied to all the parties involved.

The good thing is that it was spotted and corrected.

Having said that, I must say that I was shocked to learn that Microsoft Excel was being used to collate such sensitive information given the weaknesses of the productivity tool for such a job as this. Excel is prone to data entry errors, data diddling, accidental deletion or modification or data, etc.  

One would have expected that Commission would have deployed a more robust application, a custom built one for the exercise. Such an application ought to allow for verification and authorization of data entered by a higher authority before being committed to the database with appropriate audit trails. Totals, of course, would be handled easily by such an application.

The excuse for not deploying such a robust application would probably be lack of enough time given the well know problems and delays we experienced from the time the INEC chairman was appointed. But then, it says something about our lack of proper planning and preparation for major events. We had four years to get to this point but wasted time.

I hope that we would not be hearing the same complaints in 2015 or even 2012 when some gubernatorial elections will be held.

Even in the use of the excel spreadsheets, proper testing of the templates should have been carried out to avoid such a national embarrassment. Rigorous testing would have aided the wedding out of such bugs quickly.

On the part of CPC, I commend their vigilance and thoroughness in detecting the problem and promptly bringing it to the attention of the Commission. What is however not clear to me is whether INEC after receiving this report, took time to go through all the spreadsheets for the other states to confirm that such bugs were absent. If INEC did not do this, then CPC is right is right in crying foul and should get a fair hearing.  It is only when such complaints are properly handled that we can say we have a credible election.

If on the other hand, INEC carried out proper checks of all the other spreadsheets before releasing the final results, CPC is wrong to be making a mountain out of a mole hill and throwing the whole country into confusion.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer. -Paul Ehrlich

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance- Thomas Jefferson
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Tilapiah(m): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
Yeah rite! Sounds more like "a goat ate my Report Sheet" grin
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Abuloma80(f): 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
@2mch
But Jonathan won, why are you afraid of these "loosers" executing their rights to a free and fair election? What are you really afraid of? If you are confident in GEJ's victory, then no shaking now. Abi? Let the looser's see for themselves, and be put to shame

GBAMMMMMMMM
Thank you michika. UBSS hv i revealed something?
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by gadogado(m): 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
what people are saying is that gej could not have possibly won with the margins he won by not that the win is disputed per say, but him winning 40% of sokoto votes is somewhat hard to believe.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Tilapiah(m): 5:36pm On Apr 19, 2011
gadogado:

what people are saying is that gej could not have possibly won with the margins he won by not that the win is disputed per say, but him winning 40% of sokoto votes is somewhat hard to believe.

The onus is on them to prove that he didn't get that much. There's no need to fight over what can be scientifically proved.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Winnerslfc(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lol!
Hatred and frustration is making people go gaga.
All Nigerians are not illiterates so any goat that has any complain should try to make it as logical as possible.
Were the votes counted by micro soft excel?
Weren't their agents on ground when the votes were being counted?
Didn't their agents sign the results?
What software could carry out such manipulations and yet most computer wizards (who are even more than I) have never heard it?
Was the software specially created for rigging elections or it has other functions?
What is the name of the software (atleast we can google it to see what it can do or the whites don't know this software too?)

These folks should go and sit down. They can't drag us back.
We have no time to do any fresh counting of ballot papers since we know the papers were not counted by the softwares.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by netghost: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
another sad excuss for a politician
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Teaser4(m): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
i copied this post from a blogsite,i repeat 'Bleep BUHARI'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "BUHARI, you have not seen anything yet,
wait till Saturday and you will see our true
colour. This was how we cry in 1983 when
you truncated our cherished democracy,
when you use retroactive law to kill
Ogedegbe, when you torture and killed Tai
Solarin, when we watch you destroying the
Nigeria we suffered to build but vow to kill
anyone that dare to cough. NEMESIS HAS
CAUGHT UP WITH YOU. I am glad I am alive to
witness this. Shame on you!!! I said it
before, you will surely die a miserable death.
The blood of Ogedegbe, the eye of Ali, and
million others you killed, families you starved
to death by sacking both parents in 1983,
will continue to haunt your bones in the
grave. Shameless old man."
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by awuf2008: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
The outcome of the result is the true reflection of every Nigerians.
Therefore CPC Should accept defeat and allow the country to move forward.
Also it should Immediately call his vulgar Chairman from further making inflammatory,
unguarded and provocative statements that could further set this country
ablaze. If it is true that they are really aggrieved with the outcome of the
result of the free-est Election , they have option, that is, to go to Election Tribunal.
After all all in any competition, somebody must loose while other win.

The result has come to stay and nobody can draw back
the hand of progress. Goodluck j is Gods sent to Nigera.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by rumours: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
I thought this Tony Momoh guy was sound intellectually? I am disappointed. Anyway I know he is acting a script. This is the kind of statement they used to brainwash these cursed almajiris/northerners and arm them to maim n kill. All of una whn dey cause wahala for this nation, God will destroy u and ur families in Jesus name. Amen. Except u repent!
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
[size=28pt]We cannot accept rigged elections

Democracy does not work like that.

Nigerians, we should have this as a mininal standard for democracy.

The ruling elite are taking us for fools if we just keep quiet.

They say people deserve their leaders

Surely we deserve better dont we? undecided [/size]
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by PastorOla1: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
Which Computer program please, can the chairman of cpc proof to nigerians that this is so, this will be a good debate in the court of law not on television.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Mobinga: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
I think the allegation is true
FACT. when i was voting i
noticed a perculiar behavior
from my stomach. the
computer program was trying
to add amala and fufu into the
already full eba I had eaten
earlier. Now I have not shat
since the elections. I willsue
GEJ if i die of constipation insha
allah Angry

Oh my God. This is so full of win! Lwkmd! You are a hero. Haha
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
We all go on about importance of democracy, but we do not realise that if allegations of rigging are not inveatigated then we do not have a democracy.

It is evident to me that Buhari was the true choice of Nigerians.

Simply from the NL opinion polls.

giving Buhari average 60% whilst GEJ ws getting 20%

How GEJ ends up winning and even geting double the votes of Buhari is proof of massive rigging.

Why is Jega so quiet on these allegations?
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
God! i don laff die. jonathan is the the president and these illiterate punks just can stand it. they can't stand it ! cheesy
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by yomifoster: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
Savedelta:

DARN! grin It is obvious they are not blaming PDP but JEGA for their loss. What!!! I need to attach that program to my bank account. The software will identify account held by key words (Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, etc) and just tick a kobo every sec for one week. Dont want to be greedy now o.

These dumb backside keep giving me sound offs in terms of jokes to tease my educated northern friends who currently find this funny as I am writing and cursing from both sides of their mouth.
By the way they voted Goodluck and over time confirmed that Buhari is feared by the elite North because of his supposedly incorruptible nature, thus a lot of northern politicians and business men worked against him because they are not sure what Buhari is going to bring to the table.

I mean I respect Buhari a lot but this crying baby game is entirely unacceptable. Banza says my friend as I typing….lol.

I join you u in asking for a software that will transfer some of Dangote and Otedola's wealth to my bank account and yours. I think CPC and the crying General will help us locate the software as experts. I feel sad that Mallam pastor Tunde Bakare has just soiled his annointing and destroyed his reputation as the convener of Save Nigeria Group by identying with a group of arrogant bigots who refused to canvass for votes in the South west, South East and South South and still expected to win a nationwide election. Buhari and Mallam Bakare need to be reminded that Nigeria does not start and end in the North. That Mallam Bakare has refused to say anything about the protests in the North shows that he has lost track and has degenerated in principle and essence. He should burry his head in shame and go back quietly to his club called called Church.
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2011
genBuhari u sound like one of those illiterates causing mayhem in the north, cow. if u don't want to be ruled by jonathan move to Niger tongue
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by Ejike3: 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
I should have seen it coming
I should've read the signs
Anyway,
I guess it's over

[Chorus]
Can't believe that I'm the fool again,
I thought this love would never end
How was I to know?
You never told me,

By Westlife
Re: CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV by UyiIredia(m): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
are u guys kidding me cool grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali / Tompolo, Other Top Ex-militants Spotted As Alams Remains Arrives Home Town / Ambode Vows To Complete Lagos-badagry Expressway Expansion By 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.