Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,926 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night (843 Views)

I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by fineboynl(m): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
I'm getting tired already. I like seeing people pray even especially at night. but prayers should be a weapon where you do it quietly without disturbing people around.

I live in a community where the well to do stays at the front and the poor stays at the back. because of price difference in house rent it was the same reason we all find ourself here. things and business are tight and hard during this period for most people which is understandable but thinking that your neighbor is behind your progress is something I can no longer tolerate. where everyone woke up and suspecting everyone as witches and wizard behind their problem you will find out from the shout of their mid night prayers. fire burn them fire Burn them.

I have been finding life so easy as people can see from me. I really don't mingle around as I mind my business and never think about assisting anyone as a result of thinking negativity to it.

I am losing my sanity. house are very expensive right now with numerous fees attached to it. I am just hoping on God to give me direction if to pack out will be the best decision so be it. as it was God who brought me there at the first place.
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Ammishaddai: 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
My brother, it would be best if you gathered money and relocated. The reason I say so is because you are living with religious illiterates who you cannot express your discomfort with, and even if you were, your motives will be misinterpreted . So it is best you find another location

Peace

7 Likes

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by gayman99: 6:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
Op, if i were you, i go just mind my business. Na so one guy for my area go challenge his neighbours. The following morning, he woke up to find himself sleeping outside his room and naked.

No everybody wey dey shout Holy Ghost fire, God dey answer o. If you can't cope just relocate sharpaly.

2 Likes

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by doggedfighter(f): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
Poverty mixed with religion is disastrous and damaging.

Poverty twarts the mind and make you see only problems in everyone and everything.

I suggest you move from there for the sake of your mental health, sanity ,growth and development.

6 Likes

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by HeRulesMen: 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2021
undecided
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Righteousness2(m): 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
I wish I had someone who will pray through the night where I reside.

5 Likes

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by budaatum: 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
thinking that your neighbor is behind your progress

This is funny but sadly true in this instance. If they are keeping you up at night they sure will be affecting your progress during the day.

I love words. One night the Holy Spirit will just grab me like the Angel Gabriel grabbed the Prophet Muhammed and say, "Write!" And by morning I would have penned an anonymous notice on the wall about how demons make noise in the middle of the night and disturb the peace of the Lord God Almighty and that in the Jesus Name they should turn down the volume so satan does not hear and hijack their prayers.

It will not stop them immediately but I'm sure to enjoy the Angel Gabriel's visits until they stop disturbing the peace and love their neighbours instead.
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Lamasta(m): 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
doggedfighter:
Poverty mixed with religion is disastrous and damaging.

Poverty twarts the mind and makes you see only problems in everyone and everything.

I suggest you move from there for the sake of your mental health, sanity ,growth and development.

So you mean anyone that prays at night now is suffering from poverty ba

Dear OP if you cannot beat them then join them or you relocate to have peace of mind
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by ibechris(m): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
People like that have been bewitched to think that their poverty is man made...while hard work is the key to progress.

Statistically,no nation on earth prays the way Nigerians pray,no nation gives offering and tithes the way Nigerians give but poverty has still not left us. Then what is our problem as a people?

We lack vision to see that hard work pays,we pray in everything including in our work places,at home and almost all the time but yet,we think poverty comes from the devil.

My brother,find ur way before u will be inflicted with insanity.

If u want to get rich do this below and thank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by doggedfighter(f): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lamasta:

Dear OP if you cannot nest them then join them or you relocate to have peace of mind

Shouting and screaming holy ghost fire in the middle of the night can only be out poverty induced fear.

Op , never join in the madness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by budaatum: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lamasta:

Anyone who incessantly prays at night can not possibly have worked hard enough during the day or they'd be tired and need to rest at night so they can be fresh for work the next day.

So, and in effect, prayers at night might not be suffering from poverty (though they likely are because they are probably jobless or not working hard enough), but they sure will be a suffering from poverty as a likely consequence of praying at night.

They should consider attending night school instead, to learn plumbing or accountancy.
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by sisisioge: 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Biko move. To escape all those unnecessary surcharges, just tell your friends that you are interested in taking an apartment off someone looking to move. That way, you wont pay agency fee but only rent and agreement fee.
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Lamasta(m): 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

Anyone who incessantly prays at night can not possibly have worked hard enough during the day or they'd be tired and need to rest at night so they can be fresh for work the next day.

So, and in effect, prayers at night might not be suffering from poverty (though they likely are because they are probably jobless or not working hard enough), but they sure will be a suffering from poverty as a likely consequence of praying at night.

They should consider attending night school instead, to learn plumbing or accountancy.

So if one make it a routine to be praying at night everyday due to their belief you will tag it poverty and the reason been that they are jobless abi continue cool
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Lamasta(m): 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
doggedfighter:

Shouting and screaming holy ghost fire in the middle of the night can only be out poverty induced fear.

Op , never join in the madness.

The fire touch you ni grin grin grin
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by budaatum: 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lamasta:

So if one make it a routine to be praying at night everyday due to their belief you will tag it poverty and the reason been that they are jobless abi continue cool

We can go check the evidence of course.

I put it to you that if you are hard at work earning your daily bread during the day you are unlikely to be up at night praying for your daily bread to fall from heaven like manna.

And if your hard work does provide your daily bread, your nightly prayer would likely be the very short neighbourly undisturbing "Thank you Lord", then you'll sleep blessed and peacefully.
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by GboyegaD(m): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
Talk to your landlord about it. Beaides, the street association should have condemned the act.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Lamasta(m): 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2021
budaatum:

We can go check the evidence of course.

I put it to you that if you are hard at work earning your daily bread during the day you are unlikely to be up at night praying for your daily bread to fall from heaven like manna.

And if your hard work does provide your daily bread, your nightly prayer would likely be the very short neighbourly undisturbing "Thank you Lord", then you'll sleep blessed and peacefully.

Ok o but e be like say village people never reason you that's why you dey talk like this grin
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by doggedfighter(f): 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lamasta:

The fire touch you ni grin grin grin

Hahahahahahaha grin grin

It's scam . There's nothing in the fire grin

1 Like

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by budaatum: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lamasta:

Ok o but e be like say village people never reason you that's why you dey talk like this grin

How can village people possible "reason" those who place their faith in the Lord they are supposedly disturbing their neighbours praying to?

Did Christ lie or have they been praying to satan?

2 Likes

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Lamasta(m): 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
doggedfighter:

Hahahahahahaha grin grin

It's scam . There's nothing in the fire grin

On a serious note me too I cannot cope in such an environment o no matter how potent the fire is...
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by doggedfighter(f): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lamasta:

On a serious note me too I cannot cooe in such an environment o no matter how potent the fire is...
Exactly, it's pure torture after a hard days work and you come back to your house and you won't have peace.

Your house should be a haven of peace.

And if you stay long in such hellhole. Insanity becomes normal. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by SaintMog(m): 3:17am On Apr 08, 2021
People like that have been bewitched to think that their poverty is man made...while hard work is the key to progress.

Statistically,no nation on earth prays the way Nigerians pray,no nation gives offering and tithes the way Nigerians give but poverty has still not left us. Then what is our problem as a people?

We lack vision to see that hard work pays,we pray in everything including in our work places,at home and almost all the time but yet,we think poverty comes from the devil.

My brother,find ur way before u will be inflicted with insanity.

If u want to get rich do this below and thank me later.

So Nigerians don't work hard bah?
Leave those laws. Life is a mix of spiritual and physical. There are mysteries that those laws can't solve. I'm not in anyway encouraging loud prayers that disturb neighbours. I love prayers.

1 Like

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by cococandy(f): 3:42am On Apr 08, 2021
Complain and they will call you a witch/wizard .

Honestly Just see how you can manage to relocate . Unless you assess the landlord/caretaker to be of sound mind. Such that they can help enforce a no-disturbance rule after certain times of the day. If the landlord/caretaker are also religiously brainwashed like them, you will be fighting in vain. In that case you’ll have no choice but to plan your move.

2 Likes

Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by cococandy(f): 3:49am On Apr 08, 2021
GboyegaD:
Talk to your landlord about it. Beaides, the street association should have condemned the act.

Who do you think the street association (if they have one) is made up of? grin

Your home owners association has made you believe that sanity is obtainable every where?

Most likely, The street association will also belong to people like his neighbors who are always paranoid about unseen non-existent evil powers always watching and ready to snatch them away unless they pray very loudly at midnight to rebuke the devil .

Sorry I’m just speaking from unpleasant experience lipsrsealed
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by GboyegaD(m): 4:16am On Apr 08, 2021
cococandy:

Who do you think the street association (if they have one) is made up of? grin

Your home owners association has made you believe that sanity is obtainable every where?

Most likely, The street association will also belong to people like his neighbors who are always paranoid about unseen non-existent evil powers always watching and ready to snatch them away unless they pray very loudly at midnight to rebuke the devil .

Sorry I’m just speaking from unpleasant experience lipsrsealed

Where I grew up, the close association was very helpful to curb such menace. I was thinking same is obtainable in most places.
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by cococandy(f): 4:19am On Apr 08, 2021
GboyegaD:

Where I grew up, the close association was very helpful to curb such menace. I was thinking same is obtainable in most places.

Lucky you.

Me I had unpleasant experiences with those type of neighbors when I was in college. No remedy angry
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by fineboynl(m): 4:29am On Apr 08, 2021
Shouting means defeats. and when someone is such thinking and circumstances they start dreaming nonsense and pointing fingers.
Re: Living In A Compound Where Neighbors Pray & Shout Holy Ghost Fire At Night by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 08, 2021
They're probably disturbing your other neighbors as well. Perhaps y'all could complain. If that doesn't work, then moving would be your best bet.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Newly Built 2 BedRoom Flat @ Ajah, LBS @₦850k / .... / Grateful heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.