Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers (756 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / Questions Begging For Answers Over Buhari’s Relocation Of Villa Chapel, Mosque / Pre-election Questions For GEJ And GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by ahidjo: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
ONLY FOR THOSE that are honest. Dishonest people should keep off

1. Were the election results from south east and South South altered, inflated and rigged for PDP?
2. Is there any measure put in place presently to scrutinize the ballots from these zones?
3. When is the government going to start arresting and prosecuting election riggers (rigging is worse than military coup)?
4. Why is an average Nigerian not bothered about fraud and consequences of fraud?
5. Why must we continue to rig elections and expect every thing to continue to be okay?
6. Must we continue to accept rigged elections in Nigeria. 1999 rigged, 2003 rigged, 2007 rigged, 2011 rigged? (2015 to be rigged if nothing happens now)
7. Are we going to continue to rig elections and continue asking the losers to accept defeat?
8. Is it okay to rig elections at all for any body?
9.Would it have been okay for the northerners to rig the election and asked the Southerners to accept defeat?
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by solomonwal: 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
what evidence suggest rigging in the south?
did buhari campaign in all the south?
Did Buhari won all the north without rigging?
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by nusdog: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
How can someone get votes from where he never campaigned?
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by cantell(m): 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
nusdog:

Power of incumbency. sad
ahidjo:

ONLY FOR THOSE that are honest. Dishonest people should keep off

1. Were the election results from south east and South South altered, inflated and rigged for PDP?
2. Is there any measure put in place presently to scrutinize the ballots from these zones?
3. When is the government going to start arresting and prosecuting election riggers (rigging is worse than military coup)?
4. Why is an average Nigerian not bothered about fraud and consequences of fraud?
5. Why must we continue to rig elections and expect every thing to continue to be okay?
6. Must we continue to accept rigged elections in Nigeria. 1999 rigged, 2003 rigged, 2007 rigged, 2011 rigged? (2015 to be rigged if nothing happens now)
7. Are we going to continue to rig elections and continue asking the losers to accept defeat?
8. Is it okay to rig elections at all for any body?
9.Would it have been okay for the northerners to rig the election and asked the Southerners to accept defeat?

President Goodluck has won!
Deal with it. If you can't, go swallow a grenade and end ur miserable life.
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by Abagworo(m): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Every sane person knows the election was rigged.
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by soldee: 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2011

GBAM!!!

This is the reason why pdp will rule for the next 50yrs. Nigerians don't mind corruption!
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by Basseti: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
No matter what U think of PDP, CPC set themselves up to fail. If u fail to plan, u essentially plan to fail.

If u say U are honest, U cant honestly give Buhari a chance to win if he relies heavily on the the northern votes.

CPC banked on ANC trouncing PDP in the SW and forcing a run off. That was the best case scenario that even the most die hard BB supporter painted for me. That did not happen as PDP did surprisingly well in the South West. So what exactly is ur point?

On the rigging. I cant vouch that there was no rigging by PDP. This is Nigeria and I am sure some under handed measures must have been put in place. But remenber, the under-age voters too in the North? Or is that not rigging? Or are U mad that one party out rigged the other undecided

Finally, if u take out the votes of the South East, GEJ will still be ahead.  The votes he got from SW, NE and MB regions stacked up heavily on his side.

BB did not run a very comprehensive campaign maybe cos of funds, party outreach or strategic reasons. Let this be lesson learnt by any other contender in the next election cycle.
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by Beaf: 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
cantell:

Power of incumbency. sadPresident Goodluck has won!
Deal with it. If you can't, go swallow a grenade and end your miserable life.

Damn! shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by Beaf: 12:03am On Apr 19, 2011
nusdog:

He wanted to be Emir of Nigeria and has now seen the futility.
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by desgiezd(m): 12:58am On Apr 19, 2011
Three things have continued to baffle me in this presidential election and they are:

The near 100% voter turn-out in the South East and in the South-South.

What really informed the massive support the PDP got? Here's a party that has been in power for twelve years with virtually nothing to show for it and their performance keeps improving with each election. If we want to argue that the votes were essentially for Jonathan, what has been his achievemrnt in the past twelve months to so convince us?

How did the under age voters in the north get registered in the first place?

Just like abracadabra, the more I think about these the more confused I get.
Re: Presidential Election Questions Begging For Answers by houvest: 2:38am On Apr 19, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much research into numbers that can earn one a phd in Statistics. They are just conjectures and more conjectures. You can always spin the psychology of numbers to arrive at any thing you want. WE NEED PROOFS AND HARD EVIDENCE NOT CONJECTURES. Fanning the embers of these conjectures is unwittingly or wittingly fanning the embers of the violence in the North. Even Buhari and his cohorts are not qaurelling with the SS/SE figures but are only contesting the figures in the North simply because you do not reap where you did not sow. The SS/ SE have seen Buhari as minister, head of state, PTF chairman, Shariarist and have always received the short end of his stick. And he, AC and ANPP the 3 strongest parties beside PDP made terrible mistakes of not even considerting those zones for a running mate at least in an attempt to split Jonathan's vote or rock his base. So what do you expect? And for those mentioning other SS/ SE candidates on the ballot should realize that those names were unknown qauntities just like the SW names performed woefully in the SW and other Northern names did likewise in the North.
This was my post in feb:

Re: CPC Meets On Buhari’s Choice Of Bakare Monday
« #18 on: February 08, 2011, 06:18 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not personally concerned who Buhari chooses as his running mate since I am certain that he is going nowhere but the issues raised here in the report are valid. If Buhari actually was a good strategist he should have known that if he by any means becomes the president, his successor must be from the SE or SS, the two zones that have not substantially gotten their own share of power. So what is really strategic in making a Yoruba his running mate since him being succeeded by such will be highly resisted by other Gzones? If however he really believed a combo with the SW was essential in winning the election, Should he not have picked a yoruba that could actually deliver yoruba votes to him. I really wonder at Buhari's reasons for picking Pastor TB.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=599791.msg7688155#msg7688155

And what I wrote about Jonathan's chances In Igboland as far back as oct 2010

I have no doubt in my mind that GEJ will sweep Igbo votes. It is only some Igbo elite, politicians and generally the older generation that associate GEJ with bitter past experiences of Ijaw subterfuge personified in Clark and hasty verdicts of inept performance. The youths and the common man on the street in Igboland will root for Ebele Azikiwe more than a certain Ribadu or Babangida ,etc. Igbo votes are Jonathan's to lose. Granted votes will be shared in each zone by all candidates but I am talking of the majority votes. GEJ is gradually developing in political sagacity and politese ( If there is any word like that) and will only lose Igbo votes if he commits very serious blunders against Ndigbo in this run up to the polls. His body language so far despite his few missteps does not show one with the disposition of committing an october faux pa ( as the Americans will say ) against Ndigbo. His youth, electronic and other 21st cy approaches to politics and governance portray him as being intellectually savvy lending him to easy kinship with the youths and young at heart and also his story of grass to grace when linked to his name adds an element of sentimentality and myth slightly comparable to the Obama myth that draws sympathy and goodwill from the neutral, unencumbered, uncensored, uninitiated and unprejudiced. If these positive capitals can be cashed at the polls barring voter apathy especially among the youths, the windfall will purchase a shocking electoral landslide in Igboland and beyond, assuming that franchise is upheld to the letter. This endorsement if true will add to that momentum.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=532968.msg6956170#msg6956170

Try and figure or bring proofs instead of beating these statistics to death else as I once told you before give others the benefit of doubt ,

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Will Complete Oparo River Dredging Soon -osikoya / I Am Quite Disgusted. . . / Ohakim, Goodbye From Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.