Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,821 members, 7,945,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

This Is What Buhari Said - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is What Buhari Said (688 Views)

Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / What Buhari Failed To Tell UK Audience - Femi Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Buhari Said by nn5ive: 12:06am On Apr 19, 2011
When Attahiru Jega was nominated Muhammadu Buhari was one of the members of the Council of State that approved his appointment. He stated then that Jega has credibility. When the Parliamentary elections were held last week, he commended INEC for the postponent. Then before the Presidential elections on Saturday the Universal Press International reported the following with Buhari's statement:

Africa's largest country has a history of election fraud, but Buhari told the BBC he had more faith in the Independent National Electoral Commission this time. "Probably 60 percent of the election will be credible," he said.

Then when the first wave of results came in there was no complaints of rigging from anywhere. It was when enough results showed that Jonathan has already made 25% in at least two third of the States, that the problems started. I am baffled more that even with the riots and killings, a man of God such as Tunde Bakare cannot urge their followers to sheath the sword. Politics can swallow any man.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/04/17/Nigeria-counting-ballots-for-president/UPI-53951303042053/#ixzz1Jv0W1dAa

"http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/04/17/Nigeria-counting-ballots-for-president/UPI-53951303042053/
Re: This Is What Buhari Said by solomonwal: 12:15am On Apr 19, 2011
I am of the opinion tha went for Pastor Tunde Bakare to get the southern votes, he miscalculated thinking he would be able to garner some votes in the predominant xtian south south and south east by chosing a pastor Tunde Bakare. I still respect pastor Tunde and I dont have any qualms with his VP candidature because he will help us to keep the unpatriotic and religious bigot general in line in case they succeded in rigging the election just the way he did in the north claiming all the northern state even where we have pdp governors. Kudos to Pastor Bakare. Buhari is bad loser.

(1) (Reply)

Why Ibori Supported Buhari / No Recorded Casualties Involving Any Corps Member So Far- Tsiga / Oyo State Governor-elect, Abiola Ajimobi, Vows To Probe Akala’s Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.