Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,995 members, 7,919,169 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:03 PM

Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners (1723 Views)

APC NWC Summons Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara / Celebration At Muhammad Matawalle's House Over Zamfara Supreme Court Victory / Aisha Attacks Buhari Over Zamfara Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by DefHQ: 1:59am On Apr 10, 2021
It’s uncalled for – Yoruba Community

The influential Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) on Friday ruled Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State out of order over his comment that southerners in the north should not expect protection if the killing of northerners resident in the south does not stop.

Matawalle in a statement on Thursday on the state of the nation had deplored the attacks on northerners in parts of the south, saying the south should not think it has a monopoly of violence.

He labeled the south increasingly unfriendly, adding that northerners’ lives, dignity and possessions are being threatened “even as we try as northern leaders to always calm the situation and to protect the interest, businesses and dignity of all southerners in the north.”

But the ACF and the other regional groups believe the governor went too far.

The ACF said the governor’s statement was ‘the easiest way’ to destroy Nigeria.

It said it was totally against such a comment notwithstanding the fact that it came from a serving governor.

National Publicity Secretary of ACF, Emmanuel Yawe, told The Nation on the phone that there was nothing to justify Matawalle’s hard line stance.

Yoruba in the North: Matawalle’s statement uncalled for
The leadership of the Yoruba community in the 19 northern states and Abuja described the governor’s statement as uncalled for.

Chairman Yoruba Council of Obas and Chiefs in Northern Nigeria, Alhaji Mohammed Arigbabuwo, said Matawalle ought to have invested his energy in reaching out to his colleagues in the south and demanding provision of adequate security for northerners in their states.

“We are not happy with the governor’s statement. Such statement should not have come from a leader holding sensitive position of a state governor,” Arigbabuwo said.

“What we expected from governors of the north like Matawalle is to reach out to their colleagues in the south and demand security for northerners in their respective states.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/outrage-over-zamfara-govs-threat-against-southerners/

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Mokason288(m): 2:03am On Apr 10, 2021
What better way could you describe a hate speech?

Imagine if this speech came from a southern Governor

Northern politicians are practicing an unfair type of politics, and they are always very careless with their choice of words undecided

5 Likes

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by CaptainAyub: 2:17am On Apr 10, 2021
So arewa forum also condemned the statement?
A statement that was their anthem all their life?
God bless Nnamdi Kanu joor,at least even those that curse him are now sensitized to hausa/Fulani impunity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by ThumbzTNA(m): 2:52am On Apr 10, 2021
The threat has been passed. Those who have ears let them hear.

As usual the cone headed slaves will come and defend their masters

3 Likes

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Olatomiwami(m): 3:15am On Apr 10, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
The threat has been passed. Those who have ears let them hear.

As usual the cone headed slaves will come and defend their masters

Ori e pelebe yen ti buru ju, Flatie,not every common sense is common.

1 Like

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by alizma: 3:20am On Apr 10, 2021
I am not surprised that such is coming from him. Some people are out to distaberlize the country and once you block one of their plan, they will look for another way. I remember how one James Bond of a governor in Nigeria, entered into the forest and safely secured the release of kidnapped students without paying a dime just few hours after a statement was released, accusing a sitting governor in the Northwest as being responsible.

https://www.thecable.ng/apc-a-north-west-governor-is-sponsoring-bandits/amp
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by ggood: 3:24am On Apr 10, 2021
If our governor can say this me personally am afraid right now because I live in Gusau and Zamfara is too far from South. Let me go and look for one AK-47 to defend myself.

chai I pity one of my Igbo friend who just spent over 10million naira to build his living house , the house is not up to 5 months.

1 Like

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by TheEnygma(m): 3:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Is this not the same man that said those attacking Bubu for his medical tourism abroad are fighting against the north....
This should be a message to those who still believe in "ONE NIGERIA" because the Nigeria you knew is gone.
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 4:00am On Apr 10, 2021
Only rascals and hardened criminals can climb Nigeria's dirty political ladder.
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by fitzmayowa: 4:39am On Apr 10, 2021
How these guys get elected still baffles me if a seating governor, I'm not surprised it was the same foolish governor that labelled the call for Buhari to come back home from his unending medical trip an attack on the North....
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by fitzmayowa: 4:40am On Apr 10, 2021
ggood:
If our governor can say this me personally am afraid right now because I live in Gusau and Zamfara is too far from South. Let me go and look for one AK-47 to defend myself.

chai I pity one of my Igbo friend who just spent over 10million naira to build his living house , the house is not up to 5 months.

Anyone southerner investing in the North is doing that at his own risk, those in government over there are terrorist masquerading to be government....
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Karlovych: 4:41am On Apr 10, 2021
I'm not surprised one bit, when they have a bigoted jihadist as their leader they are free to utter nonsense as they like
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Cnach: 5:01am On Apr 10, 2021
Mokason288:

Northern politicians are practicing an unfair type of politics, and they are always very careless with their choice of words undecided
Brother check it well o
I no get anything wey be hate speech inside but d hard truth. Ur people cannot be killing my people and u expect me to pull security measures over ur people, no nah. What he said was the statement of one who don't ass leak. It should have come from our foolish and selfish southern leaders have they loved our interest more than their political interest. Me I no c anything bad for the nyen
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by CaptainAyub: 5:37am On Apr 10, 2021
ggood:

Pity yourself first.
You apparently don't have any house whether there in Zamfara or anywhere but you wan pity person wey done get already and can easily get another from where he go the 1st one

1 Like

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by orisa37: 6:01am On Apr 10, 2021

IDIOTIC

GOD FORBIDS THIS SILLY TALK FROM A SOUTHERN GOVERNOR.

Northern politicians are practicing an unfair type of politics, and they are always very careless with their choice of words.

IMAGINE DANBAZZAU EQUATING BOKOHARAMS AND MACBAN WITH OPC AND IPOB. IT'S LIKE A MAN SUFFERING FROM BOVINE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHY BSE.
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 10, 2021
Someone should tell the gworo chewing foool that he should call for the breakup of the country if his people are threatened in the south.
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Minjim: 7:10am On Apr 10, 2021
CaptainAyub:
So arewa forum also condemned the statement?
A statement that was their anthem all their life?
God bless Nnamdi Kanu joor,at least even those that curse him are now sensitized to hausa/Fulani impunity.

Have you people cleaned up the mess Kanu is causing in the East?
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Emergingnation(m): 7:13am On Apr 10, 2021
Am not surprised, Sharia rubbish originated from Zamfara...
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by ggood: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Pity yourself first.
You apparently don't have any house whether there in Zamfara or anywhere but you wan pity person wey done get already and can easily get another from where he go the 1st one
How did you know I don't have any house anywhere ipob terrorist spotted
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by padi94(m): 8:35am On Apr 10, 2021
Now DSS will not invite him for questioning o, but 8f it was a southern Governor or VIP or anybody not of Fulani extraction... DSS for dey flex muscle. The double standard in this country is off the charts.

Any body from South or middle belt or non Fulani that thinks Security agents will work in their interest is very ignorant and denial cos it is all too clear that Fulani own the country and its tools and agencies.
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Beremx(f): 8:44am On Apr 10, 2021
He should be held responsible if anything happens to southerners living in his state.

Stupid idiot
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Nigeriabiafra82: 8:50am On Apr 10, 2021
Fast
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by NigeriaIsZOO: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2021
Barbaric fools are in control of this useless country. The earlier we part ways, the better for everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by NigeriaIsZOO: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2021
fitzmayowa:

Anyone southerner investing in the North is doing that at his own risk, those in government over there are terrorist masquerading to be government....

If these barbarians think they can hit Southerners living in the North on a large scale again without heavy losses on them, then they're living in a fool's paradise.

The middle belt is no longer part of the North like they used to, if anything, they now align with the South. Anti South riots can only happen in the NW and parts of NE, both most parts of middle belt will even use it as an opportunity to even scores against them. Unlike in the past when they weren't much in the South, they are now many here too and they will suffer terribly as well.

Then finally it will lead to the much needed breakup every reasonable Southerner has been hoping for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Omoslim26: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2021
This man doesn't even understand that times have changed, gone are the days when we can say we have more Igbos in the North, now as it is we have way more northerners in Igbo and south in general that ran over here due to the terror ravaging their region. And this guys have settled down and acquired properties too.

While we sue for peace

any attack will be met with a higher attack.

no one should threaten anybody here nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Monogamy: 9:05am On Apr 10, 2021
The Matawalle have been so reckless with his statements lately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by duro4chang(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2021
Matawalle is out of his mind.
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Rich4god(m): 9:46am On Apr 10, 2021
Hypocrisy of some people in this country.

Boko haram attacked mainly Christians and southerners back then, everyone in the country was praying for peace to return.

Now some unknown gunmen attacked Muslims, northerners are now issuing threat to southerners as if it was a deliberate act by the South to attack the Muslims.

Why do people from that region always want to claim victims.

Fulanis have been killing, raping and destroying people's farm for decades, no one has said anything. Now people have decided to defend their self northerners are now crying foul.

What have the northern leaders said on the attack at Ebonyi state by Fulani people.
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Cajal(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2021
Anything to seize power from the north is welcomed
Let have another 8 yres of inclusive southern presidency whether Igbo or yeroba or ijaw maybe be that my re unite us futher
Re: Massive Outrage Over Zamfara Gov’s Threat Against Southerners by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:08am On Apr 10, 2021
NigeriaIsZOO:

If these barbarians think they can hit Southerners living in the North on a large scale again without heavy losses on them, then they're living in a fool's paradise.

The middle belt is no longer part of the North like they used to, if anything, they now align with the South. Anti South riots can only happen in the NW and parts of NE, both most parts of middle belt will even use it as an opportunity to even scores against them. Unlike in the past when they weren't much in the South, they are now many here too and they will suffer terribly as well.

Then finally it will lead to the much needed breakup every reasonable Southerner has been hoping for.
And who appointed you to be our spokesman. You think people in Kwara,Abuja,Niger,Kogi and Nasarawa will die for your iyamuri asses.keep on living in your delusional reality.Carry your own cross don't drag us into this.

(1) (Reply)

VAT: What States Generated, Received In Past 8 Months / Rivers Needs An Ijaw Governor Not Just A Riverine Person – Tonye Princewill / Peter Obi Northern Supporter, Distribute Stickers And Branded Caps To Northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.