Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,891 members, 7,935,814 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story (4008 Views)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by oknee: 1:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
TheCongo2:

It also depends on the classes you take and the type of job you do. With jobs like front desk security, all you do is to seat on a chair and watch the door entrance. This would give you plenty of time to study. And there are many jobs like that.

Manufacturer jobs are the type to avoid if you go to school full time.

Yea sure, I couldn't have pulled it through on a Monday to Friday job. Mine was twelve hours shift work where I work 7 days in a fortnight. Yes, my grades are As but like I said earlier, I had the full support of hubby and the kids. I am getting to the end but it has not been easy with no holiday and everything I am doing revolving around work and study. I comfort myself that it is a little price I have to pay to secure my future in a foreign land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by Flynaijageh: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2021
Every comment cracked me up. Lmao, thanks guys for the well wishes.

I do agree with the commenter that said that keeping up grades and working full time is difficult. It is definitely one of the hardest thing I have done but then again, what other option is there? Bills need to be paid. As much as I am maintaining a perfect GPA, I won't wish working full time and going to sch full time on anyone.

As for the person that said I was paid to advertise for delivery companies, you are hilarious, really you are. So uber, doordash and Grubhub got together and paid me to do an advert for them? As in competitor companies can do that? Wow!

I had to create an account just to comment as the comments really cracked me up.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by Davidganna10: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2021
Flynaijageh:
Every comment cracked me up. Lmao, thanks guys for the well wishes.

I do agree with the commenter that said that keeping up grades and working full time is difficult. It is definitely one of the hardest thing I have done but then again, what other option is there? Bills need to be paid. As much as I am maintaining a perfect GPA, I won't wish working full time and going to sch full time on anyone.

As for the person that said I was paid to advertise for delivery companies, you are hilarious, really you are. So uber, doordash and Grubhub got together and paid me to do an advert for them? As in competitor companies can do that? Wow!

I had to create an account just to comment as the comments really cracked me up.
your story is inspiring. Don't mind the naysayers, see how you are changing jobs even though they are menial jobs, I wonder how many people can do that in Nigeria when thousands of Nigerians even graduates are applying for factory work or cleaning jobs.
Make I finish my defence in school
Write IELTs, TEF exam if possible. Even if na to sell my two plots for village I no mind, I most enter Canny Land.
Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by feelgoodstuffs(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2021
LesbianBoy:
Nothing concern me with her "success story". My own is she has a very big brezz kiss kiss

Apart from the brezz bro, the babe fine die, chaii Nigerians are beautiful shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by roqrules04(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2021
@OP, so did you later study Data Science? And do you need knowledge in programming for that ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 14, 2021
If she can deliver her cute self to me that would be a success story.
Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by yunqdady: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
Cousin9999:
Something about this sounds fake. I apologize if it's not.
You are never happy. Seek a shrink. Racist

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by chukxie(m): 3:35am On Aug 15, 2021
What an inspirational story! Congratulations to you. Keep winning!
Re: Nigerian Woman Living In US, Shares Her Success Story by damoceile: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
roqrules04:
@OP, so did you later study Data Science? And do you need knowledge in programming for that ?

Good question, I would like to know the course she studied back here in Nigeria..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? / Pls Help My Brother Is Missing In Tripoli Libya / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - F1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.