Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,824 members, 7,898,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians (27500 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? / Senior Lawyer Wears Torn Gown And Wig To Court As Nigerians React. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by tsspsolutions: 7:35am On Apr 13, 2021
HRSweetness:

Read between the lines.

From the use of grammar, I've reached the conclusion that the poster is Indian. They all gat a funny way of writing.

So they've infiltrated Nairaland?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Shawenzy(m): 7:41am On Apr 13, 2021
I work as hotel attendant and there is the chinesse man i do attend to he is so dirty he litters the floor with cigarettes, there was a day he said cus im hairy i look like a monkey and i told him cus u r fair in complexion u look like a chimpanze and we both laughed.but dat day i felt good cus i talked back

4 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by replete(m): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2021
The Chinese are very hard working people they don't have time for frivolities at work place like we love here. we want to work and have fun at same time. You all will agree even the Chinese bosses does the same work you guys are employed to do without looking at himself as the boss.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Johel(m): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2021
4four:
Chinese, Indians and Lebanese are the wrong human beings u can ever work for, if you work for them for more than three years them go reshape ur life and destine for u

Lebanese are cool... Nigerians corrupt them,Indians and Chinese are the real evil ones doing Nigerians wrong deeply...I have worked with all three,but Lebanese still very much better.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Johel(m): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2021
sapphiere:
I'm a boss lady. Since I was born I've never worked for anybody.

Are you single?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by helpee(m): 8:22am On Apr 13, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
I started work as a technical operator in a popular Chinese company.He was really impressed at the way I handled the work and machine in the first day

the next day he asked me about the working process of the machine which I told him perfectly cause I am this fast learner

Guess what caused wahala o...he asked where I wrote it down and I said I have it all in my head ..

Bros no be small thing o...e change am for me funish and gimme two days pay say make I Dey go
He was right to be annoyed but wether he was right to sack you is what I don't know. How can you write it in your head? So if you fall sick no other person can operate the machine. No boss will be happy with that. You will eventually hold them to ransom if you are the only one that knows how to operate it by head

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by LordsBattleAxe(m): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2021
abeniagbon:

That foreigner what was his mission...? He will pay a foreigner more better and his own citizen, A Nigeria Boss will pay a foreigner in dollar and still pay you in Naira at a lower salary of 40k that won't be enough for your transportation.

I have seen a case where they ask you to join them in stealing, if you refuse they go after you

my dear friend the Nigeria boss work you can hardly buy a scooter from it, Even if you buy it and bring it work he will still think you stole from him, if you buy new clothes and where it to work he will still have the same bad mind.

all this companies bosses and I know how they do
Sir, you are right. Being a victim of Nigerian bosses, I truly understand. My point is that we should not sacrifice our morals due to these "animals-in-human" skin.. At the end of the day, what do we have if not our morals.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:36am On Apr 13, 2021
If you get a job with a Chinese company whatsoever. Run!!

They are slave drivers. I happened to work for one and could only stay there 3 months.

They will micromanage everything. We were required to take pictures of us entering our place of work every morning and when we go out every evening. A fine of 500 naira was paid for lateness after 2 chances. Many other petty stuff that I can't write here.

Sunce it was a new company, the manager, who i never saw because she was on maternity leave kept changing policy up and down. I tendered my 2 weeks notice after 3 months.

The height of it all was during the ENDSARS protest imposed curfew when she kept saying we should go back to work, that the government is not paying my salary because we all told her we can't break the law. She then said that since i had tendered my 2 weeks, that i could happily leave. I replied that unlike her, i do not look for ways to cheat people using contract. She then started deducting salary and said that our contract was based on performance. Bitch deliberately gave me a low score and deducted a quarter of my salary.

Many people resigned after that and till today, most newly employed staff don't stay up to 2 months, judging by how often i see the vacancy ads the company puts out.

But one thing i like about thier business is that it is well structured, and there's a system for everything.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by mascot345: 8:40am On Apr 13, 2021
OtunbaChibok:
Spent 7 years of my life with a Chinese firm,one of the biggest telecom vendors in Nigeria.

Was trained and rose tru the rank to from trainee engineer to a manage before I left after getting another job.

The company even decided to meet the new salary so I could stay but I have had enough and need to move to the next level iny career.

Had the best time of my life,pay was good and career development was apt.

Made lots of Chinese friends till date.

Basic Principle: Chinese don't like lazy people and slow thinkers....they aren't bad people to work with afterall.

Some Nigerian bosses are 100× worse than Chinese.

Did you work for Huawei.

I am still with them o. I like the company.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:43am On Apr 13, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
I started work as a technical operator in a popular Chinese company.He was really impressed at the way I handled the work and machine in the first day

the next day he asked me about the working process of the machine which I told him perfectly cause I am this fast learner

Guess what caused wahala o...he asked where I wrote it down and I said I have it all in my head ..

Bros no be small thing o...e change am for me funish and gimme two days pay say make I Dey go
most likely they wanted to steal your expertise and hire someone cheaper. Na their way
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Benzemma(m): 8:59am On Apr 13, 2021
4four:
Chinese, Indians and Lebanese are the wrong human beings u can ever work for, if you work for them for more than three years them go reshape ur life and destine for u
Lebanese is SMH better than chincos and India. But Lebanese get bad mouth die, but dem no dey put eye for wetin Dem wan give person. You see some india, dem get tight hand die.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by mabea: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2021
Bampeh:
Work when it is time for work, don't waste resources and don't joke with time.

You become a scape goat when you form overfamiliarity! Work and go home because you came for the money and not for jingle bells.

bampeh understand them very well.
You indeed have the perfect description of the Chinese. They believe you must earn every penny and any other thing order than this is cheating.

Some of them are racists. They see themselves as some suppreme human beings especially to the blacks. They also have this confidence which I used think it's because our country is indebted to their country. But they have also created job opportunities for many Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Lemmy123(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2021
I had a terrible experience working with Indians at Dangote Fertilizer Plant in Lekki Free Trade Zone...
My boss was Indian and its true this thing they say about Indians being racists. He literally insults us calling us all sort of names... At some points, I wanted to consider that that was just a normal rant that a boss would do regardless of his nationality but I had to look again, this time, deeply, to see that this guy actually don't mean well for me and my Nigerian colleagues. He is inconsiderate. His fellow Indians would be idling about, sniffing tobacco while he expects us to work all the time... When I have had it up my neck, I fired back in pure error-free English (because most times, we speak a distorted sort of English, for the sake of communication, because that's how they understand)
He was shocked.
Threatened to get me sacked. I was less bothered, I wanted to leave at the time anyway... I noticed they usually threaten Nigerians with sack and my people usually beg.. They were at the mercies of these Indians because if you vex comot, work no dey outside o, and the government is a mess...

It was one of the hardest times to be a Nigerian... I almost cried for my people.... I almost did

4 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Benzemma(m): 9:06am On Apr 13, 2021
abeniagbon:
INDIA WORK NO WAY

CHINESE WORK NO WAY

PHILIPPINE WORK DEY OKAY SMALL

LEBANESE WORK PERFECT WORK

BRITISH WORK NUMBER ONE

AMERICANS WORK NUMBER TWO

IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW...

NIGERIAN MAN WORK LEARN TO STEAL OTHERWISE HE WILL OWE YOU AND STILL USE YOUR SALARY TAKE DEY BUY MOTOR AND BUILD HOUSE ALL AROUND
Nigeria worse self. Especially Anambara people, those people always think any body that come to work for them is their inheritance, therefore can treat them any how.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Benzemma(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2021
OtunbaChibok:
Spent 7 years of my life with a Chinese firm,one of the biggest telecom vendors in Nigeria.

Was trained and rose tru the rank to from trainee engineer to a manage before I left after getting another job.

The company even decided to meet the new salary so I could stay but I have had enough and need to move to the next level iny career.

Basic Principle: Chinese don't like lazy people and slow thinkers....they aren't bad people to work with afterall.

some Nigerians are not good to have as boss, they will make you develope low self-esteem. And is unhealthy emotionally.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by MrWhite19(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2021
Muyiwaipere:

. He does not want you to take his seat from him because they do have educated and well reliable external boss that do come to supervise the company unexpectedly and that may cause sack for him... keep it up bro God will surely help you out
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by seohubb: 9:46am On Apr 13, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I have heard about the Indians and it's never a good talk about them. The question is that is there no agency responsible for checking their actions?

no agency my brother..
i worked in an Indian company before the pandemic. it was hell with them, no offer letter, id card, 1,000 for 1m sales as commission..but me self show dem pepper..i told my boss that if at all any foreigner will enslave me, not an Indian..i remembered them how we used to fund their movie industry from Nigeria here back in those days. the company is vivastar Nigeria limited. the head of the company is mr. vicky and one of his favorite allies mr tarun lalwani. their main mart is at wuse zone 4 vivamart

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Coolbadguy: 10:05am On Apr 13, 2021
The worst experience i ever had..
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by MrWhite19(m): 10:09am On Apr 13, 2021
Working with the Chinese made learn a lot what is happening in different companies not Chinese company alone the first problem is from our well Nigeria boss who work in every company they don't want anyone to succeed with them... But my was a bit different the main boss of all bosses in Chinese company Bhad burna but with God doing when I got to the department I was introduced to my Nigeria and Chinese boss in the particul board department so I was asked to the machine for e practical of I work in the section which passed immediately a month after I was asked to moved to the computer operating room but that same oga of all na issue for the company but na late salary payment make me commot and most Chinese don't have respect...

Will tell a secret people don't know there are different bosses as Nigerian in the company and different bosses within the Chinese as well the educated ones are the main Chinese boss they speak fluent English but does up coming who are still learning their own English are those who are about to leave prison in their country China for the crime they committed either they've 3-4yrs before been released from prison they use them to work in Chinese companies and they're at same level with other Nigerians at low level working with them cos of our foolishness and greedy heart we make ourselves as a slave to them in our own country even the labor's committee are not work the way they work
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by ndindiatu: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2021
Here in yankee ,if u give me an Asians to care for I no dey work oh. No waste my time. E get time I decided to work for one of them at night cos no much stress at night. The African workers during the day will work and will not come back. They are wicked. Then one indian come dey toast me ,I just dey look am. Though he correct sha but I already have in my mind they are wicked. The guy call me tire I no even talk to am . I no like them at all but they are successful sha
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Blesyn22(m): 10:54am On Apr 13, 2021
tuna85:
We may have experienced one thing or the other while carrying out our activities in work places owned by Chinese individuals and we definitely must have experienced either sweet or harsh conditions. As for me, my Boss is fond using the statements below which she is always serious with-

'Nigeria has plenty workers (many jobless people looking for jobs), if you cannot work, collect your salary and go!' In cases like this, i just try to put in my best and make sure i seek better opportunities.

I have also noticed that they have no job descriptions for their jobs, you are made to work in all departments at once or at intervals and some do not have a well described closing time.
Also, they do not care your dressing type, just do your job diligently and seriously.

Kindly share yours wink

1. They will use you and your destiny join if you are fool.

2. When I worked with them I got to know the value of time and money.

3. They respect handyworkers a lot than mere labourers because they believe he is innovative and the master of his craft.

4. They can use lure you with a lot of things just to use your skill but will renege after a couple of months.

5. They pay you less for higher labour

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by NEROSKY(m): 11:00am On Apr 13, 2021
Going through some comments, i give God glory for not working for anyone - Well, i blame the ill treatment to our useless government, see what Rwanda president did to Chinese enslaving its people.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2021
maximunimpact:
Never will a foreigner boss me in my own country

No be say some Nigerian bosses are better. Some Nigerian bosses are worse than these chinese and indians.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
Only bosses that are human-like to their workers are either American or British. The others are complete demons to their employees.

My time in a company working from an American boss that was later changed to indian made me understand the difference and the benefits of having an American boss. I should have fought harder for the American.

Have you work with Germans and French. I mean white Germans and white French. You will realise that life is not hard at all.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2021
OtunbaChibok:

Mr I'm guess you worked in Huawei. My dear you worked in an international organisation. They have a reputation to protect and of course, they will treat you well. If you worked for backyard chinese company who have no reputation to protect, you for hear am.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
TheCalculator:
shocked one went through the many Nairalanders reviews on the thread on my signature and patronized

That's my only experience so far, he heads a big organization in Lekki
You bastardd!
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by tuna85: 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
Blesyn22:

1. They will use you and your destiny join if you are fool.

2. When I worked with them I got to know the value of time and money.

3. They respect handyworkers a lot than mere labourers because they believe he is innovative and the master of his craft.

4. They can use lure you with a lot of things just to use your skill but will renege after a couple of months.

5. They pay you less for higher labour

6. They lie a lot, lots of trust issues
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by TUNECHI86: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
You be fool sir, Chinese man no fit whine for my country
BRATISLAVA:

And he just stood there and watched you?

Also, don't you think you're racist if this is true story at all?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Drsnives(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
sapphiere:
Why contradict yourself?
You just said all your life you have not worked under anyone abi.. During your mandatory nysc I guess you were posted to your imaginary company
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
Drsnives:

You just said all your life you have not worked under anyone abi.. During your mandatory nysc I guess you were posted to your imaginary company
Clown who told you I did NYSC?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by BRATISLAVA: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
TUNECHI86:
You be fool sir, Chinese man no fit whine for my country

If you are polite, what will happen?

No wonder you were doing menial labor for Chinese.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Start Earning Over N9,000 Daily By Writing A Few Articles!!! / Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / 3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.