Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,963 members, 7,873,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me (921 Views)

Welcome To Yorubaland / The Crowd That Came To Vote In Borno While The Military Kept Watch (Photos) / Nigerian Army Came To Kill Me And My Family - Nnamdi Kanu On Live Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
We (migrants to Yoruba land) have helped in shaping the region (Yoruba land) for a very long time. It seems our efforts have not been appreciated. In this topic, I will show how it is done using my journey as a yardstick.

While traveling to Lagos, I met my father's friend. We had a conversation, and he asked me what I was doing at the moment, I told him I was still searching for a job or business to do, so he recommended I go into farming, that I could become a millionaire in no time.

Some months later, I called him and told him, I was ready to go into Agriculture. We talked on phone. I traveled to meet him in Osun state, he took me to a chief, one Oba like that, they talked and the Oba called some elders, with some negotiation from my father's friend I was given a land that I paid for and signed some documents and some old receipts was given to me. I was introduced to one Olumide (not his real name)

It dawned on me. I had no one in this village, except me.

I needed people to clear the land 2 hectares, i.e. 32 plots.
500 naira x 32 i.e 16000.
Olumide organized people and I gave him 18,000.

To dig ridges, I had to pay a total of 16,000 naira i.e. 500 naira x 32 plots.

A well was dug to water the land. This served as a source of water for half of the community. Another 40,000 nairas. People from other farms came to my farm to fetch water than go to the river that was nearby.

Planting and weeding of the land was paid for by me.

During harvest, Olumide organized and brought a truck that will take the crops to the market which I paid for. Harvesting and truck plus the number of days the truck waited.

I also paid money at the military checkpoint to pass through with my crops.

After selling the crops I made some money and cashed out of agriculture, it wasn't big, but it was enough to venture into something else, I did not cover enough of the money I spent, but I tried.

My experience.

If I had sold it there, I would not have made any profits because I sensed there was a conspiracy against me.
It was an experience that I would not forget.

Note that the people working on “my land” were indigents of that land, they were not outsiders. I was paying them to work on their own land... That's how the scam works.

I also paid for security of the land. The person I was paying bears the name of the village and is one of the sons of the Oba I bought the land from (I believed they were spying on me.)

I was given different girls by the community. They sent their daughters to cook for me, wash my clothes, etc. Different girls every week (they told me their parents sent them.) they worshiped me and bowed down to me anywhere I went. Most of the girls were teenagers, and there are a lot of teenage pregnancy down here.
I don't even know who impregnate them. They cover themselves with hijab and all that to hide the pregnancy.... Or to hide the fact that they are pregnant teenagers.

It wasn't possible to live a low profile.
This style of development has been going on for decades and no one talks about it. The community feeds on the developer because their politicians failed them.

But at the end I am proud to say I took development to Yoruba land.

I am a proud developer

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Toosure70: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
Trash.

3 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
Toosure70:
Trash.

It's a true story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lalasticlala.
Front page worthy.

The world needs to see what I did for them.
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
The world needs to know the truth about my strides in the west.
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by demmie1: 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ode, even if you were too slow to name the town you proudly developed you dumbly posted species of tomato grown in the Savannah. You must be hausa pepper trader

2 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
demmie1:
Ode, even if you were too slow to name the town you proudly developed you dumbly posted species of tomato grown in the Savannah. You must be hausa pepper trader

Tomatoes grown in the Savannah?

Enjoy your 2 minutes of Fame. It won't last long, you haven't travelled out of your enclave yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Obamaofusa: 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Charleys:

Tomatoes grown in the Savannah?

Enjoy your 2 minutes of Fame. It won't last long, you haven't travelled out of your enclave yet.

lol
Always salivating on SW like their forbearers..

5 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Yoruba1stson: 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
These bastards are stupid like their fore fathers, nyamiris and stupidity, foolishness are inseparable
This bastard claimed to develop great yoruba land, but his fvcking region remains the potopoto capital of the world and poverty capital of the southern part of nigeria
My people pls stop replying to this ipigidiot that his brain has been mixed with potopoto water, he is just trying hard to be known on this platform

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by bobowaja(m): 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
Another ipob boy dreaming of west. This is the same thing that start azikwe failures and the greed that destroyed ojuiku... Greedy mofos always trying to grab other people's lands.

World developers that have erosions as homes cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by IgweOfNnewi: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
What is this life turning to, this one that seems to have good command of English is already having the irrefutable symptoms of entering market naked. this life just incomprehensible.

3 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by akanke79: 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Charleys:
We (migrants to Yoruba land) have helped in shaping the region (Yoruba land) for a very long time. It seems our efforts have not been appreciated. In this topic, I will show how it is done using my journey as a yardstick.

While traveling to Lagos, I met my father's friend. We had a conversation, and he asked me what I was doing at the moment, I told him I was still searching for a job or business to do, so he recommended I go into farming, that I could become a millionaire in no time.

Some months later, I called him and told him, I was ready to go into Agriculture. We talked on phone. I traveled to meet him in Osun state, he took me to a chief, one Oba like that, they talked and the Oba called some elders, with some negotiation from my father's friend I was given a land that I paid for and signed some documents and some old receipts was given to me. I was introduced to one Olumide (not his real name)

A well was dug to water the land. This served as a source of water for half of the community. Another 40,000 nairas. People from other farms came to my farm to fetch water than go to the river that was nearby.

During harvest, Olumide organized and brought a truck that will take the crops to the market which I paid for. Harvesting and truck plus the number of days the truck waited.

After selling the crops I made some money and cashed out of agriculture, it wasn't big, but it was enough to venture into something else, I did not cover enough of the money I spent, but I tried.

My experience.

If I had sold it there, I would not have made any profits because I sensed there was a conspiracy against me.

Note that the people working on “my land” were indigents of that land, they were not outsiders. I was paying them to work on their own land... That's how the scam works.

I also paid for security of the land. The person I was paying bears the name of the village and is one of the sons of the Oba I bought the land from (I believed they were spying on me.)

I was given different girls by the community. They sent their daughters to cook for me, wash my clothes, etc. Different girls every week (they told me their parents sent them.) they worshiped me and bowed down to me anywhere I went. Most of the girls were teenagers, and there are a lot of teenage pregnancy down here.
I don't even know who impregnate them. They cover themselves with hijab and all that to hide the pregnancy.... Or to hide the fact that they are pregnant teenagers.

This style of development has been going on for decades and no one talks about it. The community feeds on the developer because their politicians failed them.

I am a proud developer

So Farming in Yorubaland now qualify you as a developer,you are very funny,.You constructed the well for your own sake as irrigation for your plants and the community took advantage of it.

Other Nigerians do that in Igboland but dont see it as a big deal.
You can only be a developer in Yorubaland if you site big companies there.

Fulani is developing Igboland because their cows provide manure for your farmland and cheap meat.

1 Like

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Mariory(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nothing to do with politics. Rule 1
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by GNature(m): 2:32am On Apr 13, 2021
Mariory:
Nothing to do with politics. Rule 1

Mods should just delete this thread.
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Asgard13: 9:00am On Apr 13, 2021
Rule 1

Don’t expose Yoruba

The hate truth..

You see as them abuse you and your thread ... even tho they all know say Na true you talk

None even wan probe to know the communities or state or local government

Na straight abuse and curses ... see how you waste money on them ...

Next time if you wan invest or cash out .... go call aboki cheap Labour and forget their locals
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by KoshCAD: 9:13am On Apr 13, 2021
demmie1:
Hahahahaha
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by KoshCAD: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2021
Charleys:

My experience.

I am a proud developer
Hahahahaha, online billionaire, Galla hawker in real life. We see you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by KoshCAD: 9:21am On Apr 13, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
These bastards are stupid like their fore fathers, nyamiris and stupidity, foolishness are inseparable
This bastard claimed to develop great yoruba land, but his fvcking region remains the potopoto capital of the world and poverty capital of the southern part of nigeria
My people pls stop replying to this ipigidiot that his brain has been mixed with potopoto water, he is just trying hard to be known on this platform
You get time.

If set of people can believe they sold fighter jet to US army and also post Otunba house and name it one of their house, what else do you think they won't do.

Check the picture below and see how they like claiming what they are not just to feel superior which they are not grin

See them claiming Oba of Lagos just to feel among the elites.

3 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by KoshCAD: 9:23am On Apr 13, 2021
Asgard13:
Rule 1

Don’t expose Yoruba

The hate truth..

You see as them abuse you and your thread ... even tho they all know say Na true you talk

None even wan probe to know the communities or state or local government

Na straight abuse and curses ... see how you waste money on them ...

Next time if you wan invest or cash out .... go call aboki cheap Labour and forget their locals

OSU truth like the picture below where you have to claim Yoruba king just to feel among hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by KoshCAD: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2021
akanke79:

So Farming in Yorubaland now qualify you as a developer,you are very funny,.You constructed the well for your own sake as irrigation for your plants and the community took advantage of it.

Fulani is developing Igboland because their cows provide manure for your farmland and cheap meat.
Q
Which farm Hahahahaha
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 11:08am On Apr 13, 2021
akanke79:

Have you ever seen any politician commission borehole in yorubaland?
Show me.

Lastly, I'm talking about my own little contribution and how I was scammed by you all.
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by akanke79: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2021
Charleys:

Have you ever seen any politician commission borehole in yorubaland?
Show me.

Lastly, I'm talking about my own little contribution and how I was scammed by you all.

Tell us the city or village in Osun state to verify your claims.why didnt you site your farmland in Igboland? You know the market is in Yorubaland.
Do Igbo senators commission boreholes?

See our senators commissioning boreholes
Senator Buhari commissions boreholes in Oke-Ogun communities
https://newspeakonline.com/senator-buhari-commissions-boreholes-in-oke-ogun-communities/

Senator donates borehole to community
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/senator-donates-borehole-to-community/amp/
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
akanke79:

Tell us the city or village in Osun state to verify your claims.why didnt you site your farmland in Igboland? You know the market is in Yorubaland.
Do Igbo senators commission boreholes?

See our senators commissioning boreholes
Senator Buhari commissions boreholes in Oke-Ogun communities
https://newspeakonline.com/senator-buhari-commissions-boreholes-in-oke-ogun-communities/

Senator donates borehole to community
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/senator-donates-borehole-to-community/amp/

90% of all houses there use Wells as their source of water, I'm surprised that a senator will be comissioning boreholes there.
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Ahmeduana(m): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
Now if them tell you to carry your development to your state say them no want you go they paraaa!
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by bobowaja(m): 1:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
akanke79:

You fvcked up. You believed anything he wrote? How can 40% of people use same well? Let's assume that the village is clustered and small, that is even impossible. Then people come back from all the farms to use his well while abandoning the natural streams... Like people will walk kilometres to fetch from your well cheesy honey must be inside the well.

Igbos are known for lying. They are lying miscreants. They really learnt well from their slowpoke in chief, lamidi kanu

Meanwhile, that bred of tomatoes can't be grown in any of the western states. It is either in Benue (middle belts) or the core north. Op probably stole that picture from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by 7lives: 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Toosure70:
Trash.

A million likes
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
bobowaja:

You fvcked up. You believed anything he wrote? How can 40% of people use same well? Let's assume that the village is clustered and small, that is even impossible. Then people come back from all the farms to use his well while abandoning the natural streams... Like people will walk kilometres to fetch from your well cheesy honey must be inside the well.

Igbos are known for lying. They are lying miscreants. They really learnt well from their slowpoke in chief, lamidi kanu

Meanwhile, that bred of tomatoes can't be grown in any of the western states. It is either in Benue (middle belts) or the core north. Op probably stole that picture from somewhere.

This is the insult I get from my good deeds.

For your information, I'm not the only one farming there, these people are scammers. They pretend like there's so much money to make from agriculture that you need to start farming. Then they leech on you little by little. I can't count how many times my farm was vandalized by you.

Moreover this scam has been going on in the west since the 1960's.
This is how development has been coming to Yoruba land.
You lied when you said 40% I checked my write up, no where did I mention 40% there.
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Easternblood: 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
Poverty capital of S.Nigerua? stats gotten from who? wait for it, coneheaded afonja bastard...Na hate go kill una
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Easternblood: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
why are yorubas like this? you develop their land, yet they reward you with tribalistic hate slurs and curses...It would eventually backfire on their scratch faces...Why are yorubas so full of HATE and Animosity for Igbos? they colluded with other Nigerians in '67 to annihilate us ( that didn't work) , they formulated policies to make us worse than the Northerners economically (that didn't work) , they launched smear campaigns against us to take our pride (that didn't work) ...All these without provocations, Because we are God's own children we survived through this... Instead of them to give up and receive light, they objected and are presently issuing hate towards us... Na hate go kill una ..."The Price of Hate...." you guys should go and find out the completion of that line...Stop this Anti Igbo Hate or you can continue , We have developed thick skin towards that but soon we will replicate all that
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by Charleys: 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
Fp worthy.
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by hatakekakashi: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Easternblood:
why are yorubas like this? you develop their land, yet they reward you with tribalistic hate slurs and curses...It would eventually backfire on their scratch faces...Why are yorubas so full of HATE and Animosity for Igbos? they colluded with other Nigerians in '67 to annihilate us ( that didn't work) , they formulated policies to make us worse than the Northerners economically (that didn't work) , they launched smear campaigns against us to take our pride (that didn't work) ...All these without provocations, Because we are God's own children we survived through this... Instead of them to give up and receive light, they objected and are presently issuing hate towards us... Na hate go kill una ..."The Price of Hate...." you guys should go and find out the completion of that line...Stop this Anti Igbo Hate or you can continue , We have developed thick skin towards that but soon we will replicate all that
See this hypocrite. I even thought you are one the sensible people on nairaland. Just go through your posts
Re: How Development Came To Yorubaland Through Me by malcom1X: 9:07am On Jun 06, 2021
Lolz

(1) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawan: The Man Who Killed Nigeria To Death / The Poorest Region In Nigeria Goes To... / Lets End Tribal War On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.