Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,457 members, 7,978,477 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:05 AM

Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security (12761 Views)

Jonathan Suspends Permanent Secretary / Jonathan Suspends Inauguration Of Presidential Campaign Committee / Jonathan Suspends Allocation Of Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by dasa: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2011
next will be the National security adviser.

GEJ's govt is said to be weak in security and anti corruption. Now that he has full mandate, una go know who im be.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Rorhymes(m): 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2011
Nice move Mr. President. I hope you continue with this zero tolerance to lackadisical attitude.

Security ☑, next on the list is. Nepa ☐
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Ukpekeson(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2011
This is a step in the right direction. Well done, Mr President.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
emcaluv:

@Kenyy, Your post does not add up in any way. Check the date of what you posted.
I sat beside my wife in Dec., 2010 and by April, 2011 her formerly fat stomach is now protrude, yet people can hardly see the connection between what happen in Dec., 2010 and April, 2011. Besides, the rampaging Ohakim and Imo State House of Assembly were condemned by some section of the press just three weeks ago for calling for the head of the Minister.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Mobinga: 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
Remii:

What a good place to start the clean up, SE with their 99% votes for "darling" GEJ. I pray he has the gut to continue doing the right thing no matter whose horse is gored.
99% And so what?  He's being fair! You insatiable phuck!
If anybody expected less than 95% from the South East and South South, then that individual is a lunatic.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by enyojo(f): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kenyy:

I sat beside my wife in Dec., 2010 and by April, 2011 her formerly fat stomach is now protrude, yet people can hardly see the connection between what happen in Dec., 2010 and April, 2011. Besides, the rampaging Ohakim and Imo State House of Assembly were condemned by some section of the press just three weeks ago for calling for the head of the Minister.

[size=13pt]I like your illustration having a protruded stomach myself.
This might probably be one of the secret promises he is fulfilling.
After all Igbo leaders are fond of asking for the heads of their own on the platter.
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by InHim4Him(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2011
kudos to gej. move up a bit and do a thorough clean up job so that this term in office will effectively put nigeria back on the map of people existing in the 21st century as against the barbaric situation we are living through right now. the ig of police also should go.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by nagoma(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
I am not sure it's the righT direction. The man is not in charge of the Police,not in charge of the National security service(SS)not in charge of military intelligence. The man's work is mainly immigration & civic registration & prisons . Perhaps illegal immigrants caused the mayhem. It's like sacking the minister of justice for crop failure!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by tlops(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
next, jega shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by nagoma(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
[size=8pt[/size]Perhaps! J.E.G.A.

J.Jonathan
E.Ebele
G.Goodluck
A.Azikiwe!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Limaoscar: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
Emeka Wogu is a Cameroonian,No?

Just saying . . .not interested in going back and forth with u,Im allergic to dizzy spells.

Gurl, you just took the ink out of my keys, grin

Sinking/drowning folks who must be grabbing at anything to stay relevant instead of yelling "heeeelllllllp, I'm drowning"
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by jmaine: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kenny has no business discussing this thread . . .his posts are way out of point . .can we quit politics and bias and discuss issues rather than throw random jibes around
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by MaiSuya(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2011
what exactly are the functions of the The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps? that perhaps will be a good way to gauge the appropriateness or otherwise of the sack.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by nagoma(m): 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
Governance made easy;

Q1. If a Nigerian air force pilot defected to  Cameroon with our MIG fighter which minister should be sacked?

a) The minister of aviation as he went away by air?
b) The minister of defense as this is military matter ?
c). The minister of foreign affairs as the offender is now outside the country?
c)  The minister of interior as this is an immigration issue?
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Graxie(f): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
All this GEJ haters, i think is high time u guys start using ur brains. We must start 4rm somewhere n thats what GEJ is doing.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
nagoma:

Governance made easy;

Q1. If a Nigerian air force pilot defected to  Cameroon with our MIG fighter which minister should be sacked?

The answer is: (a) The minister of aviation as he went away by air.
Besides, he failed to instruct the Nigerian Airspace Management Team to prevent the pilot from flying outside Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by MaiSuya(m): 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
nagoma:

Governance made easy;

it surely is the defence minister.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Seun(m): 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
Mai Suya:

what exactly are the functions of the The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps? that perhaps will be a good way to gauge the appropriateness or otherwise of the sack.

INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps is saddled with the responsibility of;

i. Maintenance of peace and order in the society

ii. Provision of security and monitoring services before, during and after electoral exercise.

iii. Protection and safety of lives and properties at war and peace times.

iv. Protection of Federal, State and Local Government infrastructures and projects.

v. Protection and rescue of the civil populace during disasters and emergencies.

vi. Provision of emergency medical services.

vii. Arresting with or without a warrant, detain, investigate and institute legal proceedings by or in the name of the Attorney General of the Federation.

viii. Provision of Intelligence information on trouble spots, individuals and organization.

ix. Monitoring and supervision of Private Guard Companies

http://www.facebook.com/NSCDC?sk=info
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2011
Mai Suya:

Sorry, brother; whatever their functions are is not going to help you as they are not allow to carry arms. However, if you insist on knowing their functions for academic exercise, I shall post a link for that purpose shortly.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2011
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by kross01(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
Quote from: nagoma on Today at 08:09:52 PM
Governance made easy;

the answer is you the poster for poking ur nose into the affairs of government.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2011
The Federal Ministry of the Interior is for ensuring and maintaining the internal security of Nigeria. The Ministry has under it the following agencies: Nigeria Immigration Service; Nigeria Prisons service; The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps; Department of National Civic Registration.

The minister does not control the police and SSS. Why did you sack him leaving National Security Advicer, DG SSS, IGP, Minister of Police affairs.

It seems the current IGP is untouchable
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Seun(m): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2011
petaling:

The Federal Ministry of the Interior is for ensuring and maintaining the internal security of Nigeria. The Ministry has under it the following agencies: Nigeria Immigration Service; Nigeria Prisons service; The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps; Department of National Civic Registration.

The minister does not control the police and SSS. Why did you sack him leaving National Security Advicer, DG SSS, IGP, Minister of Police affairs.

Check my last post. Among other duties, the NSCDC is responsible for "ii. Provision of security and monitoring services before, during and after electoral exercise."
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by dempeople(m): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2011
nagoma:

Governance made easy;

It has to be the defence minister or more specifically, the air vice marshall.

Reasons: It can't be the aviation minister cos, the aircraft isn't directly under the aviation ministry but under the airforce. Since it's a military aircraft, the questions would be;

1) Was the pilot cleared to fly the aircraft from the relevant authorities at the time the pilot engaged the aircraft? If "No", relevant authorities within the airforce would be affected (and heads could possibly roll) and not exactly the defence minister. The air vice marshall would have to answer to the defence minister for such a gaffe. Whereas if "Yes",

2) then, what was the scheduled mission itinerary of the operation? If the mission objective(s) do not include flying to Cameroon then, its a serious breach of whatever airforce laws.

Edit your answers to include the Air Vice Marshall.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by OmoTier1(m): 8:50pm On Apr 19, 2011
haha, the first igbo man has kissed the dust!
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT: IGBOS HAVE NO BUSINESS IN GOVERNMENT- they should stick to thier spare parts markets and Nollywood acting role they are known for! Governance in Nigeria is for the serious minded not for a people who gave Nigeria one to many Senate president within the space of 4 years! Yet they want to be president by 2015 - i dey laugh oh oh, '

oh by the way forget this initial grah grah from uncle Jonny, na today yansh dey back? We all know he is spinelesss and this is just a knee jerk reaction to a problem that goes beyond mere sacking of a minister who (going by the nigerian constitution) can not give orders to the IGP yet they want him to go quell angry moabs.

If Mr. Jonny wants to show us he is taking this issue serious, then put the minister for police affairs,NSA, IGP, Commandant civil defense corps, on immediate suspension and ask the head of military formations to take over matters of security in much of the northern states with a 24hrs patrol. This will send a signal to every region that the government of the day values every life in Nigeria and not just those of the PDP elites!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by MaiSuya(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
Seun:

INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps is saddled with the responsibility of;

i. Maintenance of peace and order in the society

ii. Provision of security and monitoring services before, during and after electoral exercise.

iii. Protection and safety of lives and properties at war and peace times.

iv. Protection of Federal, State and Local Government infrastructures and projects.

v. Protection and rescue of the civil populace during disasters and emergencies.

vi. Provision of emergency medical services.

vii. Arresting with or without a warrant, detain, investigate and institute legal proceedings by or in the name of the Attorney General of the Federation.

viii. Provision of Intelligence information on trouble spots, individuals and organization.

ix. Monitoring and supervision of Private Guard Companies

http://www.facebook.com/NSCDC?sk=info

right. so there you have it. I'm not a GEJ fan, and perhaps never will be one. but you nonetheless have to hand it to him, based on the functions listed above, the responsibility for protecting the lives and property falls squarely on the doorstep of the NSCDC, an agency of the interior ministry. Tha sack was therefore in order.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
petaling:

Yes! Do not forget that the current IGP was the CP of Bayelsa when the woman president was the governor. Besides, even when the former IG Onovo was removed by the woman president for rife kidnapping in the SE notwithstanding the fact the then AIG now the current IGP was in charge of SE.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by vicenzo(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
Stop being silly,he replaced him with another igbo man named EMEKA WOGU.
Omo_Tier1:

haha, the first igbo man has kissed the dust!
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT: IGBOS HAVE NO BUSINESS IN GOVERNMENT- they should stick to thier spare parts markets and Nollywood acting role they are known for! Governance in Nigeria is for the serious minded not for a people who gave Nigeria one to many Senate president within the space of 4 years! Yet they want to be president by 2015 - i dey laugh oh oh, '

oh by the way forget this initial grah grah from uncle Jonny, na today yansh dey back? We all know he is spinelesss and this is just a knee jerk reaction to a problem that goes beyond mere sacking of a minister who (going by the nigerian constitution) can not give orders to the IGP yet they want him to go quell angry moabs.

If Mr. Jonny wants to show us he is taking this issue serious, then put the minister for police affairs,NSA, IGP, Commandant civil defense corps, on immediate suspension and ask the head of military formations to take over matters of security in much of the northern states with a 24hrs patrol. This will send a signal to every region that the government of the day values every life in Nigeria and not just those of the PDP elites!

Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Stevogue(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2011
IT PAINS ME TO SAY THIS, BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME I AGREE WITH TINUBU THAT JONATHAN IS A FISH-DRUNK, CRAZY FISHERMAN! PLS TELL THE PRESIDENT THAT NO ONE RUNS THE PRESIDENCY BY SETTLEMENT OR APPEASEMENT. hE CANNOT REWARD OHAKIM WITH THE SACK OF THE MINISTER BNECAUSE OHAKIM CLAIMS TO HJAVE DELIVERED HIM 98% IN IMO. ON 4 OCCASIONS SINCE THE MINISTER WAS APPOINTED, GOV. IKEDI OHAKIM HAS LOBBIED FOR HIS REMOVAL. JUST LAST WEEK, AT THE TARMAC OF THE SAM MBAKWE AIRPORT, OWERRI, WHILE JONATHAN WAS ON HIS WAY TO ABIA STATE, IKEDI PRESSURED FOR THE SACK OF THE MINISTER WHOSE ONLY CRIME WAS THAT HE BELIEVED JONATHAN WAS SINCERE IN HIS NEUTRALITY IN THE POLLS AND THUS PURSUED IT WITH RELIGIOUS FERVOUR BY REFUSING TO TILT IN FAVOUR OF THE PDP IN THE DISCHARGE OF HIS DUTY.

LET JONATHAN LISTS THE MISDEED OR SO CALLED LAPSES OF THE MINISTER AND SUBJECT IT TO PUBLIC SCRUTINY. IF WE HAVE NOT OVERESTIMATED THE COMPETENCE OF MR PRESIDENT, HE SHOULD RECALL THAT IT WAS STILL UNDER HIS WATCH THAT SAME OHAKIM LED SOME BOOTH-LICKING POLITICIANS LIKE iWUANYANWU THEM AND A HANDFUL OF HUNGRY MONARCHS TO ASO ROCK JUST TO TELL HIM TO SACK HIS THEN MINISTER FOR COMMERCE, CHIEF ACHIKE UDENWA. NOT TOO LONG AGO, OHAKIM HAD PREVAIL ON THE IDLE IMO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY IN THE "ABSENCE" OF WORTHWHILE VENTURES, TO MOVE A MOTION URGING JONATHAN TO SACK THE MINISTER FOR INTERIOR. THE PLOT HAS FAILED UNTIL AFTER LAST NIGHT WHEN OHAKIM CANCELLED ALL HIS APPOINTMENTS IN IMO STATE TO  CELEBRATE THE PRESIDENTS VICTORY ÁT THE VILLA. LIKE HEROD AND THE HEAD OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, JONATHAN REWARDED IKEDI OHAKIM WITH THE 'HEAD' OF IHEANACHO. IF ANYTHING UNTOWARD THING HAPPENS TO IHEANACHO, LIKE ASSASSINATION, KIDNAPPING OR ABDUCTION ALL OF WHICH HE HAS BEEN THREATENED WITH IN THE RECENT PAST, THEN PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN WOULD HAVE TELL US ACTUALLY WHY HE SACKED HIM. HE NEEDN'T MAKE IHEANACHO LOOK BACK TO SATISFY A POWER-MONGERING CLIQUE!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Stevogue(m): 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2011
he need'nt make iheanacho look bad to satisfy a power-mongering clique in imo state!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by ItGeek(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2011

I support you 100%, the minister was sacked for alleged antiparty activities that led to pdp losing the owerri senatorial district to Chris Anyanwu, The national chairman of pdp specifically mentioned his name on the national radio network. What happened in the north just gave the sack a legitmate face.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
Stevogue:

IT PAINS ME TO SAY THIS, BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME I AGREE WITH TINUBU THAT JONATHAN IS A FISH-DRUNK, CRAZY FISHERMAN! PLS TELL THE PRESIDENT THAT NO ONE RUNS THE PRESIDENCY BY SETTLEMENT OR APPEASEMENT. hE CANNOT REWARD OHAKIM WITH THE SACK OF THE MINISTER BNECAUSE OHAKIM CLAIMS TO HJAVE DELIVERED HIM 98% IN IMO. ON 4 OCCASIONS SINCE THE MINISTER WAS APPOINTED, GOV. IKEDI OHAKIM HAS LOBBIED FOR HIS REMOVAL. JUST LAST WEEK, AT THE TARMAC OF THE SAM MBAKWE AIRPORT, OWERRI, WHILE JONATHAN WAS ON HIS WAY TO ABIA STATE, IKEDI PRESSURED FOR THE SACK OF THE MINISTER WHOSE ONLY CRIME WAS THAT HE BELIEVED JONATHAN WAS SINCERE IN HIS NEUTRALITY IN THE POLLS AND THUS PURSUED IT WITH RELIGIOUS FERVOUR BY REFUSING TO TILT IN FAVOUR OF THE PDP IN THE DISCHARGE OF HIS DUTY.

LET JONATHAN LISTS THE MISDEED OR SO CALLED LAPSES OF THE MINISTER AND SUBJECT IT TO PUBLIC SCRUTINY. IF WE HAVE NOT OVERESTIMATED THE COMPETENCE OF MR PRESIDENT, HE SHOULD RECALL THAT IT WAS STILL UNDER HIS WATCH THAT SAME OHAKIM LED SOME BOOTH-LICKING POLITICIANS LIKE iWUANYANWU THEM AND A HANDFUL OF HUNGRY MONARCHS TO ASO ROCK JUST TO TELL HIM TO SACK HIS THEN MINISTER FOR COMMERCE, CHIEF ACHIKE UDENWA. NOT TOO LONG AGO, OHAKIM HAD PREVAIL ON THE IDLE IMO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY IN THE "ABSENCE" OF WORTHWHILE VENTURES, TO MOVE A MOTION URGING JONATHAN TO SACK THE MINISTER FOR INTERIOR. THE PLOT HAS FAILED UNTIL AFTER LAST NIGHT WHEN OHAKIM CANCELLED ALL HIS APPOINTMENTS IN IMO STATE TO  CELEBRATE THE PRESIDENTS VICTORY ÁT THE VILLA. LIKE HEROD AND THE HEAD OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, JONATHAN REWARDED IKEDI OHAKIM WITH THE 'HEAD' OF IHEANACHO. IF ANYTHING UNTOWARD THING HAPPENS TO IHEANACHO, LIKE ASSASSINATION, KIDNAPPING OR ABDUCTION ALL OF WHICH HE HAS BEEN THREATENED WITH IN THE RECENT PAST, THEN PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN WOULD HAVE TELL US ACTUALLY WHY HE SACKED HIM. HE NEEDN'T MAKE IHEANACHO LOOK BACK TO SATISFY A POWER-MONGERING CLIQUE!
Thank you my brother. Below is what I posted before: "One of the conditions given by Ohakim and the Imo State House of Assembly to the Weak President to get the Imo State Magic Votes was the removal of the Minister of Interior and having kept their end of the bargain by delivering  the Magic Votes, I believe it would have amounted to betrayal of trust if he had not remove the Minister".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rumour: Buhari Wants To Go On Leave / Udom Emmanuel Visits Akwa United FC Accident Victims / Police & 5-man Judicial Commission Meet Ooni Of Ife Over Yoruba/Hausa Clash(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.