Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,308 members, 7,967,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:18 AM

Nigerian Politicians - Sincerity Check - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians - Sincerity Check (570 Views)

"Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / Nigerians Will Soon Commend Jonathan For His Sincerity Of Purpose In Gov–dokpesi / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians - Sincerity Check by oncolor: 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
Looking at the crop of politicians who have been canvassing for our votes, you can hardly find anyone of them (who is not currently holding any position) that is doing any social work, charity, poverty alleviation schemes or some sort of commitment to improving the lives of the people living around them. We all know how much it costs to run a presidential or governorship or even parliamentary elections but yet you do not see what this people have done in their capacity as private citizens to help people in their communities, states or regions. We only hear of one businessman or government official or ex-military types who have accumulated so much wealth yet not even a single significant project they have undertaken in their private capacities to help show that they care for other people apart from their families, yet they claim to be sympathetic to the plight of the suffering masses.

The only thing we hear is "when I was the head of state I stamped out corruption" or "when I was the C.E.O of XYZ I implemented this" when that is what is expected in the first place of those positions, it is only failures/criminals that will do otherwise. What we should be hearing also is what have you done since you left office or outside your official position to help people who you claim you are fighting to lead, that will show us how you will use the country's resources to help us further.

(1) (Reply)

President Blaise Compaore Of Burkina Faso Has Appointed Himself Minister Of Defe / Nigerian Election Success Could Polish Country's Reputation / Reps Speaker: The Odds Against S/east, Favours S/west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.