Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,129 members, 7,933,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:34 PM

Nairaland Can Easily Be DDOS Because Of It's Vulnerability - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Can Easily Be DDOS Because Of It's Vulnerability (418 Views)

This Project Will Easily Get You A Job As A Web Developer / Who Wants To Learn Programming In Python Easily Without Stress? READ THIS / Vulnerability Assessment And Penetration Testing(vapt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Can Easily Be DDOS Because Of It's Vulnerability by Travon(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2021
As you can see in the pic below the site is already in serious server problems which I'd advice the Admin and moderator to look in to

Re: Nairaland Can Easily Be DDOS Because Of It's Vulnerability by Jololii: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
Travon:
As you can see in the pic below the site is already in serious server problems which I'd advice the Admin and moderator to look in to
I believe thread creation and many other activities are timed on nairaland. So nairaland tends to put a hold for some minutes/hours after you create a thread to avoid overloading. The text you see there is not as a result of server. It's just an ordinary text telling you to wait for some time before creating new thread.
Re: Nairaland Can Easily Be DDOS Because Of It's Vulnerability by Enceladus(m): 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Nairaland has Cloudflare servers seating in front of their servers. I don't think it can be ddosed easily. I noticed Seun added that recently probably because of the bots.

## Let me just use this opportunity to say this..

Now we can't scrape Nairaland conveniently again because of Cloudflare limit!! I think bros Seun should release an API for us.

(1) (Reply)

How Bigcommerce Development Company Shape Your Business? / Nairaland Posts Scrapper (PHP) / Why You Need To Learn Front-end Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.