Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,019 members, 7,915,961 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:07 PM

Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) (727 Views)

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Jonathan, Tinubu, Fashola & Bill Clinton (Picture) / Bill Clinton Bowing Down For Obama [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 20, 2011
Former President of the United States of America, Mr. Bill Clinton, has commended the waste-to-wealth initiative of the Lagos Waste Management Authority.

advertisement

Click Here!

Clinton, who was the special guest of honour at an award ceremony in Lagos recently, described the state as the pride of Africa in view of its various strides in waste management, particularly the waste-to-wealth programme.

A statement made available to our correspondent on Friday quoted the Managing Director, LAWMA, Mr. Ola Oresanya, as saying that the state had created an enabling environment for resource recovery in waste management and economic development.

The statement also noted that Oresanya explained to the former US leader that the state government's involvement in the waste-to-wealth programme was to harness a new line of economic activities for interested parties within and outside the state.

He said the agency would continue to build on the programme, which was initiated by the administration of former Governor Bola Tinubu in 1999.

The LAWMA boss said the state's achievements in the waste-to-wealth programme to include the establishment of the biggest compost plant in Africa, which is located in Odogunyan, Ikorodu.

According to him, the plant, which is being run by an Arkansas, USA-based firm, Earthcare Technologies Incorporated, converts over 800 metric tones of municipal solid waste into 250 bags of compost daily.

Other efforts of the government, he added, were the resource recovery programme and establishment of plastic recycling plants at Ojo, Olushosun, Apapa and Idimu by small scale entrepreneurs with total investment of over N100m.

The plants convert 30 metric tonnes of nylon/plastic waste materials into pellets and plastic bags for shopping on daily basis.

Oresanya said that over five metric tonnes of bailed waste craft papers were daily being supplied to paper mills in the country from the Waste Recycling Village, Olusosun Landfill Site, with the successful integration of erstwhile scavengers into the programme and their redesignation as resource captains.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/18/800.html
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by Ystranger: 7:11am On Apr 20, 2011
President Clinton's words/commendations mean nothing!

LEt him shove his patronizing praise up my dirty arse cool
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 20, 2011
If Lagos state is smart, they'll let Fashola continue.

If the SW ACN want development, they'll emulate the resilient hardworking nature of Fashola.

Ofcourse Lagos is not the best of the best, but one cannot argue that it is better than before. I believe Lagos was the state that introduce "Green Earth" to Nigeria. Now the waste management in Lagos is also receiving commendation for a job well done, this is truly an honor.
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by Ystranger: 7:15am On Apr 20, 2011
Can we stop creating [size=4pt]silly[/size] threads like this, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cool
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by ektbear: 7:17am On Apr 20, 2011
Ystranger:

President Clinton's words/commendations mean nothing!

LEt him shove his patronizing praise up my dirty arse cool

Are you serious, or joking? Why are you taking shots at my hero (Clinton)?  undecided

He is good peeps.

Man I didn't think there was a black person on earth who dislikes Bill Clinton  tongue
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

Are you serious, or joking? Why are you taking shots at my hero (Clinton)? undecided

He is good peeps.

I dont care if Bill is good peeps or bad peeps.

For Lagos', a state known for being dirty because of overpopulation and disposal methods, to be recognized for its disposal development is a good thing.

Point is, Lagos is cleaning up.
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by Ystranger: 7:25am On Apr 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

Are you serious, or joking? Why are you taking shots at my hero (Clinton)?  undecided

He is good peeps.

Man I didn't think there was a black person on earth who dislikes Bill Clinton  tongue

Of course, until he made the fairytale statement!

Anyhooo, this news is stale and opening a thread for it is just pointless

Ileke-IdI:

I dont care if Bill is good peeps or bad peeps.

For Lagos', a state known for being dirty because of overpopulation and disposal methods, to be recognized for its disposal development is a good thing.

Point is, Lagos is cleaning up.

Hey, ileke, do you even know what they are talking about here?

Seriously, this is old and pointless. I wont take you up on your erroneous assertions. I find them funny though. grin
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by ektbear: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2011
Bill Clinton's approval rating by race in the US during his term in office:

Best 8 years in American history, at least since I've been alive. Idyllic times. Don't take shots at Bill Clinton, unless you want wahala  grin

Ystranger:

Of course, until he made the fairytale statement!
Man, that was not his fault. Frikkin Hillary made him do it. The c*nt. I hate that b1tch. He made a mistake. We have forgiven him.
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by Ystranger: 7:30am On Apr 20, 2011
^^^

I wont. grin

I wasnt even here when he was president. I find him creepy though.

I am not a fan of a wuss who skipped Vietnam for Oxford. grin
Re: Way To Go Fashola - You've Done It Again (bill Clinton) by ektbear: 7:40am On Apr 20, 2011
He is not a perfect man. He has many flaws, and has made many mistakes in his life. But he is a great man.

Possibly in my top five list of people dead or living I'd want to meet and spend an hour talking too.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Find Grace To Accept Defeat – Chief Fani-kayode / Where Is Festus Keyamo? / violation of corps member:Oba docked, released on bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.