Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Story Of Apqua - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story Of Apqua (751 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / The Untold Story Of Adam And Eve / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of Apqua by Inteltower: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2021
Epilogue

Many years ago the Avatars held the world to a balance; but peace was still no where in sight amongst the 4 nations. The fire nation & Earth kingdom opposed the democracy & independence of other nations seeking separately absolute control over others, this lead to rebellion & 8 years of war, Nyang the current avatar at that time was poisoned & disappeared. Republic city the center of unity that united the 4 nations was destroyed under siege and left to ruins, many lost their lives & loved ones.

Meanwhile, a phenomenon occurred in our world, a revered sage proclaimed that the spirit world has been shut closed because of the cruel war and that there will no longer be avatar given to the world for balance & peace. While this happened another event followed; many people from all 4 nations started having the same abilities of an avatar both the old & new borns, they were now known as Ravatars.

After the long years of destruction, Important leaders from the 4 nations gathered to end the war which none were winning or benefitting so far from, after several days & months of negotiations a creed was drafted and Monarchy as a system of rule was entrenched; Thus, for a period of time a leader from a nation will rule all over the other nations & will step down for another nation to take the mantle when their period ends. This pleased the fire & earth leaders.
These nations started to rebuild back their kingdoms & livelihood, a city state was carved out known as Emperor's city where the monarch government will then rule from.

Many years have past now, and all seem to be getting better but the horrible memories of war stretch like a deadly sickness plaguing the very minds & hearts of many who experienced the period the world lost a lot; their loved ones, their livelihood, their freedom, the avatar and the spirit world

But will our troubles end under this peace we now have ?

Only time will tell

To be continued ....

By Rogue Writer
Re: Story Of Apqua by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:35am On Apr 16, 2021
Inteltower:
Epilogue

After long years the Avatars of each time held the world to a balance; peace was still no where in sight amongst the 4 nations. The fire nation & Earth kingdom opposed the democracy & independence of other nations seeking separately absolute control over others, this lead to rebellion & 8 years of brutal war, Nyang the avatar at that time was poisoned & disappeared. Republic city the center of unity was also destroyed under siege and left to ruins, many lost their lives & loved ones.

Meanwhile, a phenomenon occurred through the nations, a revered sage proclaimed across the nations that the spirit world has been shut because of this cruel war. Not only that, some started having the same abilities of an avatar both the old & new borns. There were now known as Ravatars. The sage also proclaimed that the world will no longer have an avatar to save them since the spirit realm was now closed.

After the long years of destruction, Important leaders from the 4 nations gathered to end the war which none were winning or benefitting so far from, after several days & months of negotiations a creed was drafted and Monarchy as a system of rule was entrenched; Thus, for a period of time a leader from a nation will rule all over the other nations & will step down for another nation to take the mantle when their period ends. This pleased the fire & earth leaders.
These nations started to rebuild back their kingdoms & livelihood, a city state was carved out known as Emperor's city where the monarch government will then rule from.

Many years have past now, and all seem to be getting better but the horrible memories of war stretch like a deadly sickness plaguing the very minds & hearts of many who experienced the period the world lost a lot; their loved ones, their livelihood, their freedom, the avatar and the spirit world

But will our troubles end under this peace we now have ?

Only time will tell

To be continued ....

By Rogue Writer

Apqau??......signing out
Re: Story Of Apqua by Inteltower: 2:06am On Apr 22, 2021
Chapter 1: Part i

Ripple & distance

[Scene: Republic City]

It was a sunny afternoon, through a desolated street: There were movements by pedestrians, few retailers were selling their wares, some kids in splinter groups were playing, and there were few beggars sitting on the side of the road.
It was quite a gloomy scenery with everyone trying to survive, make a living or entertain themselves.
A tall stranger calmly walks and makes his way through the street, he carefully observes the scene. This stranger was on a black & green attire, with a hood over his head and a masked face with only his eyes to be seen, he also carried a bag pack on his back. Suddenly the spinning blades of a helicopter was heard and incoming; above the sky were three 3 helicopters that flew past over that area with an intended location, the stranger watched momentarily and continued in his walk, he could see beggars who muscled to begged alms from him & other passers by but kept walking.
He stopped at a retail kiosk to buy fruit
"Which fruits would you like" the retailer inquired
"Give me 11 apples"
"Alright, let me put them in the bag, give me a minute"

A few distance off few men were openly discussing, the stranger listened in while waiting for his fruits;

"Brother Shu am telling you; those helicopters we saw are going to the east side"
"Could be, but the west district is another possibility, many rebels hide out there" Brother Shu responds
"Its a matter of which areas are given the government and the iron police the more troubles, and in my opinion the east side is the worst" another plump looking man with them points out[center][/center]y
"Those mentally deranged benders are ticking time bombs & could hardly be stopped. The lockdown of that region has been difficult. When one of the psychotic persons with bending powers escape a lot of people die because of their unstable suicide state, rebels have a heart & only fighting for a good cause, that's my take" he concludes

The stranger paid for his fruits and took them as he continued on his way.

A distance off were a bunch of children walking and chatting amongst themselves in a cluster, amidst them was a tall 18 year old teenager who laughed & chatted with them, he was also carrying a young kid over his shoulders that sat on him. They called him Apqua, and a lot of those kids were fond of him, most of the children were beggars in rag clothes including Apqua who was also an orphan but lived with an elderly woman that took him as his grand-son.

"Chin, am so hungry, where do we get food"
"How should i know, why ask me ?" Chin replied
"I doubt Mrs Ying will give us any bread having given us the last time for free" Apqua
"Am so hungry Apqua" the kid he carried on top of him squealed
"What can I do, i don't have any money... Begging today was bad...no one wanted to give alms"
"Yeah his right, maybe tomorrow we should go to south district to beg, we are sure to make some money there" Chin suggested
"But what about now, we need the food" another kid said
"Apqua, look at that man, his carrying a bag of apples i think, should we ask from him to give us some apples ?"
"I doubt he will, I say we steal it"
"Chin just shut up, i don't do that anymore"
"Well i still do, Su Ming, Ulai...you know what to do"
"Right !!!"
Chin walks takes lead in front of the other children
"Apqua just stay out of this & know that we won't be sharing"

Apqua was stunned and stopped momentarily while watching Chin & the other two hasten their steps towards the incoming stranger in front of them; he was not that surprised because Chin has always been the vocal, smart & most daring type of kid amongst them...

1 Like

Re: Story Of Apqua by Inteltower: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
Chin and the other two started acting as if they were really playing & chatting as the approach the stranger who calmly walked with dimmed eyes when he saw the children. Apqua and the others kids who followed were few distance behind.

Chin & the gang had several routine plans whenever they wanted to steal food or money from people if they didn't get anything from begging for that day.

"Fellas, the hyena bash is the plan" he squealed as he continued prentending to chat & laugh out loud

"I don't think this will end well" Gyzi tells Apqua

1 Like

Re: Story Of Apqua by Lakesc: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
Impressive start, following...

1 Like

Re: Story Of Apqua by Inteltower: 3:27am On May 01, 2021
As the stranger and kids crossed paths with each other one kid wittingly pushed Chin intentionally to jam into the stranger that suddenly made him drop the bag of apples he carried that scattered on the ground as soon as it fell. Quickly Chin and Su Ming prentended to be sorry and was appealing to the man while they casually picked up the fruit; this served as a distraction while the third kid; Ulai calmly walked behind them & cautiously started to pick some apples which he then hide under his clothes.
The masked stranger didnt say anything but then notices the other gang of kids that were a distance of before them watching thus, making him react suspiciously and taking his dimmed glare to the kid behind him. Chin brings back his attention and to hand him the bag of apples, Meanwhile Chin had one apple that he stole that was on the other one hand he placed behind his back.
The stranger reached out his hand but to Chin's surprise the man quickly grabs his arm and twist so hard that made him yell in pain, forcing Chin to turn his back in front of the stranger exposing the apple he had on the other hand. The stranger kicks down at the back of one of his legs which made Chin kneel with one knee and making him let go of the apple he stole with further twists.
The stranger then turns towards the other kid behind him, Ulai was terribly frightened and surrender the apples he had hid in his dress that now fell to the ground

"Su ming, what are u waiting for run"

Chin barked to the other remaining kid who also had stolen a few apples with him. Su Ming obeyed quickly but was so scared, he began to run. The stranger twists the arm of Chin again on hearing what he told the other kid, this made Chin cry out as he felt the joint of his bones cracking, the stranger watched as the other boy ran, he quickly earth bended and formed an earth mound that imprisoned Chin right there he knelt, the kid behind him also took a couple of pace to run away but he was spared as he too was entrapped by an earth mound that quickly circled up to the point of his neck.
Having done this the stranger began chasing the other kid, Su Ming was crying while he ran madly with eyes popping out because he was so scared while momentarily turning back to his dangerous chaser.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Book Library / Job Opportunities For Writers / Books By Mobolaji Johnson And Okunnu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.