Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:49 AM

Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money (549 Views)

13-Year-Old Boy Impregnates His 9-Year-Old Cousin In Zimbabwe (Photos) / Man Kills And Buries His Cousin In Edo Over N2 Million (Graphic Photos) / Man Kills His Cousin In Abia Over Mango (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by onetouch04: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
A small community in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State was in total chaos on Thursday 9th of April as youths of the town lost their temper. An eyewitness confirm that the youths are unhappy over the untimely death of one Mr. Cosmos Onyia aka Alaba who was allegedly summoned to a shrine in the community by his cousin name withheld, who is also a popular restaurant businessman in the community without informing the deceased.

The story has it that accused gave Alaba who was an Abuja based businessman the sum of ₦540,000 to buy him a fairly used car. However, the deceased spent the money on another pressing need. When accused confronted him (Alaba), he told him that he had spent the money but promised to pay back or buy the car. However, after some years of failed promises, Mr the accused went and tabled the matter to one of the village shrines without telling the victim.

After some years the victim fell sick and was dying gradually yet the accused kept his mute and watched as his cousin brother was dying gradually. Before the death of Alaba, his younger brother Iyke had also died. His death was also attributed to the menace of the shrine as a warning sign to the oblivious family. Our source also gathered that the accused refused to inform his cousins family of his involvement of the shrine.

Months after the death of Alaba, the accused was forced to make confession otherwise, the shrine will also attack him. He made the confession to a close ally of the family who without hesitations contacted the immediate family of Alaba for subsequent actions. The accused did not deny rather he asked them to hasten up and pay his money otherwise, the family may loose another person. Alaba's brothers went aborrowing to pay their brother's debt (₦540,000).

However, when the news of the circumstances surrounding the death of Alaba, who was a very friendly and popular guy in the community, spread around the town, the youths decided to take the laws into their hands. They revolted and rioted around the community before descending on the accused who was almost lynched but for the intervention of some elders of the town.

When our source tried to engage some of the angry youths in an interview for more information they all declined to talk to him. All phone calls to the community leader proved futile as he refused to take his calls.
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by inumidun2010(m): 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
I DEDICATE this FTC to my VILLAGE PEOPLE, I no dey ON my LOCATION ,so una no go see ME... As per this NEWS, I'll just say POVERTY is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL...
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by inumidun2010(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2021
I DEDICATE this FTC to my VILLAGE PEOPLE, I no dey ON my LOCATION ,so una no go see ME... As per this NEWS, I'll just say POVERTY is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL...
This guy above me dey use 6G??... Bros come DOWN make we talk
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by Optimistdude: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
Harrysong said:

Enugu boys dem like to do, to do, to do
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by Optimistdude: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
inumidun2010:
This guy above me dey use 6G??... Bros come DOWN make we talk
Check again cheesy
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by inumidun2010(m): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Optimistdude:
Check again cheesy

And I never START to dey SMOKE WEED oooo
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by Optimistdude: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
inumidun2010:

And I never START to dey SMOKE WEED oooo

Shun weed.
Don't even start it.
It ruins lives
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by Totilopussylick(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Moral of the story.... never make promises you won't fulfill.
Re: Cousin Killed Cousin In Enugu Because Of Money by Kestolove(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
I never hear good news from south east since January. ..just kidnapping, robbery, killing..nawa o

(1) (Reply)

Pls Beware Of This Scammer / Gunman Shot Dead After Killing 2 Police Officers Near French Embassy In Tanzania / Gunmen Shoot Secondary School Student, Abduct His 17-year-old Sister In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.