Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,106 members, 7,916,227 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:18 PM

I Wanted To Bleach My Skin When Younger – Tiwa Savage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Wanted To Bleach My Skin When Younger – Tiwa Savage (681 Views)

Susan Peters Reveals How The Industry Frustrated Some To Bleach Their Skin / I Feel Offended When Younger Men Toast Me — Empress Njamah / I Feel Offended When Younger Men Ask Me Out - Empress Njamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Wanted To Bleach My Skin When Younger – Tiwa Savage by tonyluyi1985: 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
Popular Nigerian artiste and brand ambassador, Tiwa Savage revealed that she once wanted to bleach her skin when she was about 14 years old in a bid to escape bullying from her white school mates.
She disclosed this to Allure magazine when she revealed her struggles in accepting herself as a black teenager while she lived and schooled in the United Kingdom many years ago.
She said she mixed some creams with lemon and her mother got to find out which left her very disappointed in her.
She said: “I actually did try to bleach my skin when I was about, I think 14 or 15 years. Even now I have patches on my back. My mom was cleaning my room and saw the cream that I used to mix with lemons. She wasn’t angry. it was more her disappointment. So I stopped but I was always insecure about being dark.”
She went on further to say: “I have a platform and I’m digging more into my responsibility for younger people,” she says. . When I started my career I wasn’t embracing who I was fully yet because I was just trying to crack into the market,” she says. “My first two singles were very American and it wasn’t very African. But then, as time went on, I just started seeing how powerful my platform was and how mothers would say, ‘My little girl really looks up to you.’
“And I feel like there’s so much pressure now and it’s going to get even worse with social media and there needs to be a balance. There need to be some people that are not too perfect. I know we want to look good. I don’t want to be out there looking jacked up, but I also want to look relatable.”

Source: https://theventrepublic.com/2021/04/16/i-wanted-to-bleach-my-skin-when-younger-tiwa-savage/
Re: I Wanted To Bleach My Skin When Younger – Tiwa Savage by habsydiamond(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
I thank God for ur life oo... If u had bleached ur skin only God know how u will be nao.. Maybe like over ripped plantain wey dem roast wey come burn join.... Thats will be bad for business mehn.. Imagine tiwa savage having 7 colours like rainbow...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

'you're A Disgrace To Motherhood', Iyabo Ojo Hits Back At Bukky Black (videos) / Video: Shocking Moment Don Jazzy Almost Drowned While Swimming / WATCH: Cardi B Sextape Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.