Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,001 members, 7,949,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview (394 Views)

Popular Land-grabber And Ogun Monarch, Oba Kazeem Salami Defies Lagos Laws / Confirmation Of Job Interview / Photos: Nigerian Man Defies Fg’s Warning Dares Monkeypox, As He Prepares Monkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by Chukwute: 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
Twitter user, Mazi Ogbonnaya has narrated what transpired after he defied age long suit and tie norm to wear an Igbo attire for a job interview.

According to him, discrimination due to his choice of dressing started from the gate of the establishment when the security man refused him entry.

Other applicants who wore conventional suit and tie also wrote him off and when it was his turn to be interviewed, the real drama started because he insisted to be interviewed in Igbo language.

However, he was able to dominate the interview by intimating the would be employers of his plans for the establishment and reeled out how to actualize them. He also presented the titles of ten different books that he wrote in Igbo and by the time he was done with the conversational interview, the owner of the firm impressed by his performance, offered him the job and also invited him to join the team for lunch.

That was how he got hired with his Igbo attire and asked to resume work on Monday.

Read more;

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNvmSsgsgpUMXfVF5yCslGU-4OC8UO6FgDcepM0/?igshid=12nupa2eieinp

Re: Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by Chukwute: 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
Concluding part

Re: Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by Ynix(m): 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2021
He dressed Official, any other interviews I will attend locally or internationally I will wear my agbada
Re: Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by Ammishaddai: 12:01am On Apr 17, 2021
This man has a point. We should throw away the idea of that all interviews must be done in coat and tie.
Re: Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by Heartbender: 12:16am On Apr 17, 2021
This man is myopic. Do we have only Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba languages in Nigeria? What if the interviewers were ijaw, anang, tiv, kwale, etc and then applicants were of different tribes? Glorifying nonsense

1 Share

Re: Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by padi94(m): 12:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Nothing new here, those other candidates no get sense. How can you wear Suit to interview for the position of traditional herbs marketer.

By the way, you can only try this in Nnewi, or Southeast. No try am outside your Zone.

1 Like

Re: Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by illicit(m): 5:48am On Apr 17, 2021
I think it depends on job description
Re: Man Defies Suit And Tie Norm, Wears Igbo Attire To A Job Interview by fourboys: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
na cultural dance

(1) (Reply)

The Tummy Tuck Massage / FG’S Twitter Ban: An Opportunity Window / Bbnaija: I Don’t Care If My Husband Ends Our Marriage Because Of Boma’ – Tega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.