Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,292 members, 7,950,506 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

Aren't Footballers Overpaid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aren't Footballers Overpaid (1411 Views)

PHOTOS: Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Of Footballers, Lionel Messi Comes Last! / Top Ten Smoking Footballers: Jack Wilshere, Lionel Messi And More Seth Williams / Top 50 Richest Footballers In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aren't Footballers Overpaid by Saecula: 11:45am On Apr 20, 2011
Honestly, is not that these guys don't deserve decent remuneration but its like they are overpaid and the worst of it is that they don't usually channel these doughs to worthwhile ventures. What do you think?
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by DisGuy: 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2011
Yea the Top striker in my club collect about N100,000 per month and guess what he spends it on traveling abroad for useless trials and chasing girls.

I think they should be paid civil servant wages abi, cos the players cant even bring money to the club by way of advertisement of endorsement fromt top companies like Nike and Adidas only Alomo bitters, Aboniki and y2k booster dey sponsor them
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by suxes2005(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
Dis Guy:

Yea the Top striker in my club collect about N100,000 per month and guess what he spends it on traveling abroad for useless trials and chasing girls.

I think they should be paid civil servant wages abi, cos the players cant even bring money to the club by way of advertisement of endorsement fromt top companies like Nike and Adidas only Alomo bitters, Aboniki and y2k booster dey sponsor them

Dis guy, lols

He's talking about the intl footballers and not our
9ja guys that dnt get salary at all

SHALOM
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by DisGuy: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2011
shoo

footballers na footballers oh grin
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by suxes2005(m): 12:01am On Apr 22, 2011
Yeah but Car is different to Motto
You got it?

SHALOM
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by DisGuy: 12:15am On Apr 22, 2011
yup but they still chop oyel and emit gas
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by suxes2005(m): 12:19am On Apr 22, 2011
Oh if that's it
Can u compare Jonathan and Disguy?

One lives , while the other lives in Aso Rock

SHALOM
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by DisGuy: 12:48am On Apr 22, 2011
yuck one is a stammering fish brain, the other meeeehn you need to check him out, you no go close mouth versatility is the word cool

now Fatai and ovgunbiyi better start scoring goals or else i'll petition the state governor to withhold their salary and evict them from that house grin
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by mamagee3(f): 12:54am On Apr 22, 2011
Every Athlete is overpaid!

But, I think they should be because they don't perform throughout their lives, it's only for a short time.

And they need that amount in order to prepare for their retirement.
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by suxes2005(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2011
i never knew u stammer
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by DisGuy: 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
" Suxes

Well I've always know you were a bit thick

mama-gee:

Every Athlete is overpaid!

But, I think they should be because they don't perform throughout their lives, it's only for a short time.

And they need that amount in order to prepare for their retirement.

yea true, they also have alot to pay for insurance and medical bills

plus agents, mangers, accountants and travel cost
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
I'll disagree with the statement that every athlete is overpaid. Tennis athletes and golf athletes, for example, actually earn their money and rank. If you suck, you don't make money. If you win trophies, you've earned the top prize which is usually a hefty check. That's how it should be in my opinion. Footballers, basketball players, and the rest are something about which to shout. There is no reason someone like MANUEL ALMUNIA or ASHLEY COLE should be making the millions they make lol.
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by medjai(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2011
Yes, I think they're overpaid
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by davmor(m): 9:45pm On May 08, 2011
the overpaid issue here, I think is levels.
they footballers that are overpaid actually got goodluck from Almighty and we cannot stop the glory to God from their performances and what they get to got.
So lets thank God from them men its not easy to be blessed.
They live in pain once and now they live fine. lets praise the Lord for it.
One love 2all.
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by DisGuy: 10:09pm On May 08, 2011
davmor:

the overpaid issue here, I think is levels.
they footballers that are overpaid actually got goodluck from Almighty and we cannot stop the glory to God from their performances and what they get to got.
So lets thank God from them men its not easy to be blessed.
They live in pain once and now they live fine. lets praise the Lord for it.
One love 2all.

not easy to be blessed? undecided
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by davmor(m): 10:35pm On May 08, 2011
try to emphasis on the early efforts and determinations. it finally leads to being blessed.
I hope you comprehend now or, ?
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by cescky(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2011
thats whys its a contract job , ie they are all on contract, those fat checks come for maximum 3 yrs and they start declining, after reaching their peak of collecting millions the pay check starts dwindling immedialtly, though when the check dwindles it still runs into millions.

most never use their money wisely becos, most are young and inexposed and majorly from poor homes , so their shocked to find them selves in such financial stupor(african players especillay).

however i think their overpaid
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by honeric01(m): 1:53pm On May 11, 2011
Very overpaid, even those who haven't tasted 20 minutes play since they were signed get to be paid, that's waste of money!!!
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by vislabraye(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2011
It is called demand and supply. if u are good, and in high demand then ur luck. May be i should have been a footie
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by benn100: 8:36am On May 13, 2011
$200,000 a week,

Is this a trick question?
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by medjai(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2011
benn100:

$200,000 a week,

Is this a trick question?
very few footballers earn up to $200 k or above. There's alot of money in football. Football clubs make a lot of money so it's only fair that the footballers that get the job done on the pitch earn alot as well.
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by 1025: 1:12pm On May 18, 2011
whatever they get, they deserve. some footballers raise funds for their various clubs through different means. but if all of una are in agreement that they are overpaid, WHAT DO U WANT TO DO ABOUT THAT?
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by Kgdavid(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2011
you guys are very very clueless, im sorry to say. on what basis are they overpaid?? can everyone do wat they do? no. is it a safe job? no. do they get to make tremendous sacrifices? yes does their work create profit for their employers? yes. so on what basis are they underpaid? do you really know what it takes to play the game at the level they do? its so ridiculous, someone plays football for ten maybe 15 years and then his career is over, other regular careers do not have such time spans do they? so let say a footballer earns ten times wat you earn but your career lasts for maybe seven times longer than his coupled with the fact that so many people can do wat you do but very few can do wat he does, the end result is that you earn a life-time salary almost as much as he does without rendering as much value. after football these guys got nothing else to gain from their careers except for the few who go on to coach. do you know that 50% of professional footballers develop osteoathritis before the age of 40??
Re: Aren't Footballers Overpaid by AlabaSlim: 9:51pm On May 23, 2011
op u dey jelus
find ur moni mk u get like bill gates,carlos slim & co
nawa 4 jelusi jelusi

(1) (Reply)

Segun Odegbami's Brother Dead / Ivoirian Murielle Ahoure, First African Woman To Win A Medal In 100m Final / PARNBET Nigeria's Number One Gaming...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.