Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,368 members, 7,923,487 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:54 AM

Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 (63281 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich: UCL (2 - 1) On 8th May 2024 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 29th May 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:54pm On May 08, 2021
uunwanaobong3:
IN TODAY MATCH, TWO THINGS ARE INVOLVE;

IF MANCITY USED THEIR WEAKEND SECOND ELEVEN THEY USED AGAINST CHELSEA IN FA CUP, THEY WILL LOSE, THE LINE WAS;
STEFFAN
CANCELO
LAPORTE
AKE DIAZ played FA Cup final
MENDY
FERNANDIHNO
RODRI
DEBRUYNE
STERLING
JESUS
TORRES.

BUT IF THEY USE THEIR COMPLETE FIRST ELEVEN THEY USED AGAINST PSG, THEY WILL PLAY AND BEAT CHELSEA BLACK AND BLUE. THE TEAM CONSIST OF;
EDERSON
WALKA Joao Cancelo has played more matches than Kyle Walker this season. Check your stats.
STONE Laporte is a better defender
DAIZ
ZINCHENKO
FERNANDIHNO
DEBRUYNE
GUNDOGAN
FODEN
BERNADO SILVA
MEHREZ.

SO CHELSEA FANS, CALM DOWN.
FA CUP WAS A BONUS AND GIFT FROM GUARDIOLA TO TUCHEL.
TONIGHT TUCHEL WILL LEARN FOOTBALL IF GUARDIOLA WILL MAKE THE RIGHT SELECTION.

FINALLY, GOD PUNISH STERLING. HE IS AN IDIOT

You all keep blabbing with 'B Team' as if the opponent didnt make 5changes (Jorginho, Mount, Havertz, Thiago Silva & Chillwell).

Kevin Debruyne ,Ruben Diaz, Fernandinho, Joao Cancelo ,Phil Folden, ikay Gundogan all played a part in the FA Cup semi-final and still lost.
Guardiola has been rotating his squad since January and they have won matches with it. Did he not rotate against Spurs in the carabao cup final& won? If this squad had won the match, none of you would come out.

20 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Wapchrist1(m): 8:55pm On May 08, 2021
herlecks:
Send your account number, but I don't have much.
Remember me too!!
Zenith bank
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by gevans(m): 8:55pm On May 08, 2021
Chelsea will always do it
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by gevans(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2021
We thank God for this sweet victory.
By God's grace, the final shall be 6:0 in favour of Chelsea.

5 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by kalu61(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2021
Jazzman01:

Remove Ake from that list. For me, he was the best player in that city squad today. City were lethargic and gave them too much space to play, didn't close them down quickly and that is what Chelsea won't allow you do to them.

City played like Madrid, & Porto tonight, same way they played in the FA cup. To beat this Chelsea side, you need to play a pacy game. Run at them, force them to commit errors and be clinical in front of goal. City are renowned for their pacy game play and clinical finishes but I just don't know what's wrong with them. Maybe pep is experimenting.

I have also noticed that diagonal balls will unlock this Chelsea defence if properly timed and utilized. Whenever the opponent has the ball, you will see about 3 to 4 players closing him down leaving pockets of spaces to be exploited. Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this. Players like debrune, or fernandinho who can hold the ball can exploit this. Just draw traffic to your self and squeeze out diagonal passes. To beat this Chelsea side you have to be ruthless and clinical and not by playing slow paced game.

You will see that it is all this small teams that are ready to run at you and give it their all that will beat Chelsea.

Hopefully, the introduction of walker's pace, and Bernardo Silver plus Mahrez manuverbility will give city an edge in the final. If they repeat this style of slow paced game, Chelsea will outrun them.
Do you have idea about Werner, pulisic pace when you press Chelsea and leave a marathon space? Do you know Tuchel has kept 18 clean sheets?

"Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this"
Everybody na coach sha

8 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Obarofrederick(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2021
justli:

If you only watch because of Nigerian and black players, maybe you should stick to watching Kano pillars and Enyimba instead
Maybe he wants to watch good football being played in attractive stadium

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by gevans(m): 9:00pm On May 08, 2021
Wordson:
thanks for d compliment bro... I hope ur coach does whats needful to keep d players' heads in a game so important... I predicted chelsea would win after man city beat PSG. I like Chelsea though I am a liverpool fan..

Blesss your heart

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by phr0nesis(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2021
oshiokpu:

We still need Jesus bro.. Your life will look like a cheat when Jesus is in charge
Ofcourse Jesus is my manager.
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2021
Daguccizgreat:
You're the one saying trash. 4 Chelsea first team players did not play today and they still won. Mount, Silva,havertz and Kovacic. City will still fall come may 29
5 actually. No Chilwell.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Olasigun01(m): 9:11pm On May 08, 2021
Julianaa:
TUCHEL IS THE WORLD BEST MANAGER IN 2021

And PSG throw him away. Then go dey regret by now

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2021
DaddyYankee:
[s][/s]Stop saying trash, about 8 of those guys that started today will not start the final
And 5 of Chelsea's main men were absent today. Oga keep your excuses one side.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by NonsoNna(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2021
fergie001:

Guardiola represents Barcelona for me.......He will start rubbing shoulders with Fergie....NOOOOOO.....

I am used to noise from Chelsea fans, I can cope with it grin

I don't need new noise from City fans abeg
You are quite funny bro,though i didnt want any of them to win the UCL.but as it stands am supporting chelsea.man city should get out....up united(The king of manchester)

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Jazzman01: 9:12pm On May 08, 2021
kalu61:
Do you have idea about Werner, pulisic pace when you press Chelsea and leave a marathon space? Do you know Tuchel has kept 18 clean sheets?

Chelsea are highly notorious for their counter attacking play so you can take care of werner and co by not playing a high defensive line. Also your Centre Backs should sit as deep as possible. They have no business in joining the attack and if you must involve your RB and LB, some players must drop deep to cover for them. Talking about centre Backs, How many times have you seen T.Silver taking up advanced positions? Or when Terry and Cahill were both paired together.

Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this"
Everybody na coach sha
Yes because no coach is exploiting that lapse at the moment. Sometimes you need video reviews to see these things. You cannot see all on the pitch. And take note; I said maybe

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by UndilutedFaxt: 9:13pm On May 08, 2021
fujirice:
After this match, we can just use fringe players to play Arsenal. Then give Leicester City a run for their money. Then refocus on 29th.
Hopefully Kovacic will be back and Christensen will be fit and ready to go.
This win today just made 29th to be more bloody. I can even taste it in my mouth

My guy you wan burst my head
which one be taste in the mouth
You are a bloody Chelsea fan abeg.
I like your passion
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by iLegendd(m): 9:15pm On May 08, 2021
I only came to read comments by Chelsea haters and laugh at them. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by DAMN99: 9:16pm On May 08, 2021
Tamilore11:
Ogun kill u for der
How the game end? grin grin
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by SouthEastFacts: 9:16pm On May 08, 2021
adioolayi:
Chelsea fans... Congratulations....Tuchel has done a wonderful job.

But, no make mouth too much... DeBruyne, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Fernandinho no play...

The game didn't start with Foden and Gundogan ..

That's like 6 starters not starting or playing at all...

Chelsea has gotten a real confidence boost by winning today....But, to me..That's not a full strength City's team.

UCL final will be entirely different ball game.

May the best team win
If Chelsea had played their normal defence, City won't even smell one goal.

Kante and Kovacic were not in that game.

No Mount in that game.

Be guided.

If City couldn't win in their home, na for Instanbul dey wan win Chelsea?

Take out De Bruyne and City becomes Shitty and Kante can just do that like he did in the FA cup SF.

11 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Maxcollins042(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2021
So Manchester City paid the penalty for their penalty miss earlier in the game.

Just awesome!

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Maxcollins042(m): 9:22pm On May 08, 2021
Sterling: Shit! How did you miss that mate?

Aguero: I don't know man. Can't wrap my
head around this one. Thought pulling a panenka will put them to the sword and clinch us the win. I really burgered this one up.

Guardiola:

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by DAMN99: 9:23pm On May 08, 2021
Lol but the fact say Chelsea go still rape man city on 29th dey give me pure uncut joy
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by DAMN99: 9:25pm On May 08, 2021
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Support Chelsea and your joy will never cease.

7 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Luigi02(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2021
adioolayi:

But, no make mouth too much... DeBruyne, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Fernandinho no play...

Chelsea has gotten a real confidence boost by winning today....But, to me..That's not a full strength City's team.

May the best team win

Well about 4 of our key players never played too.
Mason Mount, KAI Havertz, THIAGO silva, Mateo Kovacic, Ben Chiwell ettc..
Christensen and other first team players like Kante that started sef, u could see that they were all exhausted physically and mentally.
Tuchel even said it in his post match conference few minutes ago.
So bro, city rested key men, but so did we.
We're gonna be more complete with Silva co-ordinating our back line, with KANTE and Kovacic shushing the little puppies (KDB & Gundogan). Lol foden won't play shit, he'll get muscled away by Christensen and azpilicueta.
Lete just say mahrez manages to get past Chiwell, there comes RUDIGERR!

14 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by MrEgghead(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2021
israelp:
so fernadinho nr play slf,.. Dat 1guy na 2standing 4 for city,.. Hw chelsea 1 take win wen em go play 12 vs 11 ...mark dis word all chelsea fan,pep wil his football cheat come may29 ...d man behind dis ?is FERNADINHO watch n c grin
Fernadinho started the FA cup semi-final and they still lost..You just have to love this Chelsea team.

Only Kante with his speed and power will remove Fernadinho from the equation.

7 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by iLegendd(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2021
Stewart883:
I have staked 600k already for manchester city. I hope I make it

grin
Money you should've invested in Cry.pto. If it was Man U and Man C in Man U's home, then your stake would've been understandable.

Wipe your tears. Gambling is not good.

Next time, use that money to buy PSG token or CHZ on Binance. That's a better investment.

7 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by fergie001: 9:26pm On May 08, 2021
NonsoNna:
You are quite funny bro,though i didnt want any of them to win the UCL.but as it stands am supporting chelsea.man city should get out....up united(The king of manchester)

CORRECT......... You are a good man!

Take

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by tunnex190: 9:28pm On May 08, 2021
Jazzman01:

Remove Ake from that list. For me, he was the best player in that city squad today. City were lethargic and gave them too much space to play, didn't close them down quickly and that is what Chelsea won't allow you do to them.

City played like Madrid, & Porto tonight, same way they played in the FA cup. To beat this Chelsea side, you need to play a pacy game. Run at them, force them to commit errors and be clinical in front of goal. City are renowned for their pacy game play and clinical finishes but I just don't know what's wrong with them. Maybe pep is experimenting.

I have also noticed that diagonal balls will unlock this Chelsea defence if properly timed and utilized. Whenever the opponent has the ball, you will see about 3 to 4 players closing him down leaving pockets of spaces to be exploited. Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this Players like debrune, or fernandinho who can hold the ball can exploit this. Just draw traffic to your self and squeeze out diagonal passes. To beat this Chelsea side you have to be ruthless and clinical and not by playing slow paced game.

You will see that it is all this small teams that are ready to run at you and give it their all that will beat Chelsea.

Hopefully, the introduction of walker's pace, and Bernardo Silver plus Mahrez manuverbility will give city an edge in the final. If they repeat this style of slow paced game, Chelsea will outrun them.

You sound like someone who understands football tactically but I want to ask if you are managing a club presently? Because if you do, I am sure you should know that opponents always review their opposing team before hand. So what you are saying there is what I won't totally agree with. Chelsea players aren't just closing down, they are forcing their opponents to make mistake with fast tempo as they defend aggressively with high defensive line, they track back, wingbacks: when they are defending, (defend with 9 players) wingers: when they are attacking (pay attention when they are attacking, the centre backs stay back if necessary). So if there are creating a pocket of space while closing down, I am telling you specifically that they will always concede goal every match because every manager will notice it.

Chelsea play narrow, attack in numbers, but guess what? A very good counterattacking team will get them especially those ones with long ball. That's when you can catch Chelsea defenders off guard because that's when they defend in few numbers at the back.

Typical example of what happened between Zouma and Raheem Sterling tonight.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by iLegendd(m): 9:29pm On May 08, 2021
Komu1048:
Chelsea have never disappointed me and today is not an exemption. 3 points
KTBFFH

Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by chucs: 9:29pm On May 08, 2021
adioolayi:

May the best team win
So the Chelsea team today was full strength? With Gilmour and all? Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by SouthEastFacts: 9:29pm On May 08, 2021
Jazzman01:

I have also noticed that diagonal balls will unlock this Chelsea defence if properly timed and utilized. Whenever the opponent has the ball, you will see about 3 to 4 players closing him down leaving pockets of spaces to be exploited. Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this. Players like debrune, or fernandinho who can hold the ball can exploit this. Just draw traffic to your self and squeeze out diagonal passes. To beat this Chelsea side you have to be ruthless and clinical and not by playing slow paced game.

Go to Youtube, search for Nouman and watch his Tuchel analysis and you'd notice Tuchel core tactics is creating spaces in the opposition half and exploring those spaces. He presses the opposition with kante and Jorginho to create spaces for Mount to explore to free Werner.

Chelsea don't leave pocket of spaces when the opposition is with the ball, unless a defender miscalculated.

If you play pacy game against Chelsea, they will kill you. The only problem with Chelsea is that they are not clinical if not club like Man City, Real Madrid go dey chop goal.

The only way to play Chelsea is to slow the game down, but be rest assured you are not getting any goal.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Komu1048(m): 9:29pm On May 08, 2021
iLegendd:

Hmm

Mai Oga
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by MrEgghead(m): 9:31pm On May 08, 2021
kalu61:

"Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this"
Everybody na coach sha
Werner's pace has always been a problem for any team that plays high defense line, it's just his finishing that's poor..
Reece James must start than final, he gives me joy.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by NonsoNna(m): 9:33pm On May 08, 2021
Jeffyblaq:
Ake is an idiot.
Mendy is a buffon.
Sterling is a gay.
Wat a fvcked up display.
Local man is pissed.
Then aguero is what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.