Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,371 members, 7,940,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland (471 Views)

Introducing Gsmtinz.com Check Phone Prices From Different Sellers On A Page / Legit Suppliers/sellers On Alibaba & Aliexpress : Suggestions? / If You Are Looking For Genuine Sellers On Nigerian Crude Oil, Forcados, Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland by yemibox: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
Some of you may find this interesting.

Some days ago I posted an ad (New Apple Macbook Air selling for 160k) on this forum. Got some inquiries but there's this particular guy that had been calling, he claimed he is in Benin and that he would be sending someone down to pay and pick up. Then another day he called that I should take the laptop to a girl in Computer Village that she would inspect it and then pay me. I told him NO politely and gave him my office address.

Next day he sent a man to my office, I showed his so called representative the product, he inspected it and confirmed everything OK. My intuition told me not to collect cash from him that he might have mixed it with fake notes. Again I told him politely that I would like him to pay the money into my GTB corporate account. To my disbelief he disagreed, even his master from Benin disagreed when I called him and explained to him.

GTB is 2min drive from my office, I have a car to drive us there, all was expected of him was to walk in, make deposit, come out with teller, I receive SMS alert and then hand over the product to him. But the procedure looked cumbersome to them. Come to think of it, you've known my office, I would be giving you a corporate account belonging to me to pay into, you, I know nothing about you, only your GSM number.

Then this guy called his master, didnt hear their conversation on the phone, then he laughed and walked away, and oh I forgot to mention, he came on bike, with another bike man.

Dont you all think I should have arranged police for them?

My advice to other sellers on this forum, pls dont be in rush in selling that precious item you got with your hard earned money. Bank transaction is always safer, dont meet any intended buyer in the night, poorly lit place. Make sure you have something about the buyer to hold onto other than their phone number. This saying is always right "If that money is yours it is yours and if the item is the buyer's it is theirs".

Thanks for reading.
Bless
Re: A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland by BALLERON(m): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2011
@yemibox
THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO, NA WA OO
Re: A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland by iice(f): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
As usual.
Re: A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland by daddyhez(m): 11:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
Hmmmmmm!!!
Re: A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland by DisGuy: 12:04am On Apr 26, 2011
My advice to other sellers on this forum, pls dont be in rush in selling that precious item you got with your hard earned money. Bank transaction is always safer, dont meet any intended buyer in the night, poorly lit place. Make sure you have something about the buyer to hold onto other than their phone number. This saying is always right "If that money is yours it is yours and if the item is the buyer's it is theirs".

Thanks for reading.
Bless

Excellent advice, bank transactions are safer, or mobile money, it's about time Nigerian do away with cash transactions and embrace electronic payments or internet banking

even if the cash is real you might be attacked later on!
Re: A Word Of Advice To Sellers On Nairaland by dragnet: 6:29am On Apr 26, 2011
learnt a thing or two from this. . . .

(1) (Reply)

Ipad 1 32g Wifi For Sale .call -08033224974 / Samsung S5230 For Sale 13k / Complete Dstv For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.