Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,969 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:07 PM

Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah (553 Views)

EFCC Raid: Has Emefiele Thrown Dangote Under The Bus? / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by COFFINSELLER: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2021
The past couple of weeks have been particularly traumatic for Dr Isa Pantami, the quintessential Minister of Communication and Digital Economy. Equally traumatized are those of us who know him in close quarters. Nothing is as harrowing as being dressed in a borrowed robe and paraded in the market square and it is even more distressing to be chastised by frenzied mob for adorning the robe.

When a friend drew my attention about a week ago to a story that appeared in a couple of online news sites alleging that Isa Pantami has soft spot for Boko Haram and that he was already on the radar of American intelligence organisations, I laughed it off. I didn’t take it serious because such ‘grandiose’ allegation had once been served my friend by a toady fellow desperate to impress his paymaster. So, I almost dismissed the online reports about Pantami. But that is not to downplay the feeling of revulsion and outright shock which will obviously envelop one who is at the receiving end of such perfidious claim.

If you have not travelled that road before and if you have never been in the short end of the stick wielded by those who are determined to bring you down, you might want to take all the allegations against Pantami, hook, line and sinker. However, it is increasingly clear to discerning minds that the whole thing comes off as a calculated smear campaign planted by those whose economic interests are affected by his policies and orchestrated by politico-religious irredentists who saw the allegations as veritable tool in their hands to clip his soaring wings.

Just so to be clear, this intervention is not to deny the video clips or audio recordings of his preaching and past rhetoric. It is not even to paint a picture of an unblemished, unsullied and infallible man but to point out to the reader that it is not always that our pasts define our present. While I do not begrudge those who unearthed old recordings of the man’s fiery, idealistic and exuberant outings on the pulpit, I have a lot against those who are trying so hard to use his undergraduate days idiosyncrasies as bargaining chip to destroy him. I know of well-meaning Nigerians today who were religious, ethnic or ideological hot-heads back in the university days but are today very sober and accommodating citizens who contributing immeasurably to the development of the society today.

It is a dynamic world where old alliances and sentimental attachments do give way to new realisations. Times were when many supported a particular cause based on the exigencies of the time but as time and events unfold, they shift ground, make concessions or accommodate alternative views. United States of America for instance once supported and armed the Talibans of Afghanistan (when the later was at loggerhead with the Soviets) but today, Americans and the Talibans do not see eye to eye.

The point I’m making is that Pantami’s rhetoric during his hot-head days in the university cannot entirely define the Pantami we know today. Those who know Pantami or work with him closely will tell you that there is a world of difference between the old rhetoric being shred on social media and the pacifist Pantami who currently sits on the Federal Executive Council. They will tell you that he is such a compassionate, accommodating, kind and peaceful fellow who treats everyone around him on equal basis.

Why are some people intent on throwing Dr Isa Pantamai under the bus?

*Jude Edeh-Attah, a journalist wrote in from Lugbe Abuja

https://prnigeria.com/2021/04/17/pantami-under-the-bus/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by Jerryherd: 10:51am On Apr 18, 2021
cool

Americans trained and supported ISIS, Alqeada and rebels in Libya that killed Ghadafi

However this is about Nigeria's National Security

Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by DefHQ: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2021
Under the bus is an even softer place, Kemi was thrown into the waste bin for a lesser offence..

We are talking of matters of national security here and a mentally enslaved southerner is trying to sound politically correct..
Mtchew..

1 Like

Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by IfGodbeforus(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2021
Once envelop exchange hands, you see and hear them begin to utter gibberish.
Pantami was specially selected based on his records and background.
There are many pantamis in this government. It is a matter of time, they will be exposed.

2 Likes

Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2021
A typical Nigerian understands little to nothing about national security, Infact a typical Nigerian understands nothing,

2 Likes

Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:02am On Apr 18, 2021
Hungry efulefu's who sell out themselves for a morsel of fufu conveniently what a taquiya is cool
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by SarkinYarki: 11:04am On Apr 18, 2021
Better go and return his money ...we should be throwing him under a predator drone and not bus
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by Yoruba1stson: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2021
That is story for the gods, isa pantami the terrorist must resign
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by Ochuko24endy: 11:47am On Apr 18, 2021
You are very stupid, nonsense post
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by wingmanIII: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
IfGodbeforus:
Once envelop exchange hands, you see and hear them begin to utter gibberish.
Pantami was specially selected based on his records and background.
There are many pantamis in this government. It is a matter of time, they will be exposed.

Don't mind the lousy hack writer. This Pantami guy was a hot head even as late as 2019.

1 Like

Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by helinues: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
Let those who have been castigating Pantamk come out and tell us that they have no past...
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by Valkrie: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Patami the boko terrorist is under the bus already...!! so what is the op saying...? And if the bus didnt do the work we throw him under the train...!!
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by walexbiz(m): 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
I am really happy seeing these kind of comments been made on Nairaland. Our next move is to push for his resignation, we cannot have terrorist apologist in power and also holding sensitive position. It's an abherration that shouldn't be condoned.
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by lastmessenger: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
Money has changed hands and here we are reading long eulogy on the terrorist sympathizer.
The best place to trow that man called pantami is not under the bus,he should be thrown under moving high speed train .
Re: Before We Throw Pantami Under The Bus - Jude Ede Attah by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Pantami is a useless terrorist!!!

Quote me to say nonsense make the gods of Otokutu strike your cone head to pieces!

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Councillor Links 2 Communities With Money Meant For Her Official Car / DEVELOPING TENSION: As Yoruba Nation Protest Hits Osogbo Western Nigeria: VIDEO / Igbo Muslims Make Life Difficult For Themselves -dailytrust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.