Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,611 members, 7,878,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? (18282 Views)

50k Job With A Fintech Firm Or 30k Job With A Bank / 70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by cosmos1440: 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
Catfishing:

I for one will take 30k job in Lag over 50k job in Imo.....

Wetin dey Imo State sef?
IPOB and ESN
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by shege45: 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
swiz123:
The rate at which Nlanders ask stupid questions is alarming these days...

Is job hunting in Lagos not better than a 30k job in Imo State. What opportunities lies in Imo aside working in a hotel where you hail Yahoo boys hoping for tips..

Make we no dey disgrace ourselves here o.
opportunity done finish for lagos joor
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Benzypet(m): 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2021
]I've been to Lagos, so I know about the struggle and tussle for survival there. Do you know that the richest and the poorest people in Nigeria are based in Lagos?
Lagos is a place for opportunity no doubt, but it is still there most difficult place to start your life. 100k is not enough for your a person that is based in Lagos because transportation is gonna take half part of your salary. What about house rent? Don't even go there sef. Lagos is just an over hyped location where clueless people who knows nothing about it thinks its a land of milk and honey. Its better to endure your 30k in your current location than to be be lured like a sheep to a slaughter ground. Lagos is a slaughter if you must know. Don't be deceived not all that glitters are gold.
Fcwilly:
I will go for 30k job in IMO state against 60k job in Lagos
I've been to Lagos, so I know about the struggle and tussle for survival there. Do you know that the richest and the poorest people in Nigeria are based in Lagos?
Lagos is a place for opportunity no doubt, but it is still there most difficult place to start your life. 100k is not enough for your a person that is based in Lagos because transportation is gonna take half part of your salary. What about house rent? Don't even go there sef. Lagos is just an over hyped location where clueless people who knows nothing about it thinks its a land of milk and honey. Its better to endure your 30k in your current location than to be be lured like a sheep to a slaughter ground. Lagos is a slaughter if you must know. Don't be deceived not all that glitters are gold.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by greatnaija01: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
andyblinks05:

am planning to come to lagos but I want to secure a job first…. please any help

If you need help, you will explain your certifications and degrees and area of specialty then someone who sees it can know HOW TO HELP YOU... and ensure you have someone trustworthy in lagos you can stay with, else they may use your destiny for free
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by OLESCO(f): 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Will take Imo Job anytime anyday........Lagos is overrated

1 Like

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by andyblinks05: 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
greatnaija01:

If you need help, you will explain your certifications and degrees and area of specialty then someone who sees it can know HOW TO HELP YOU... and ensure you have someone trustworthy in lagos you can stay with, else they may use your destiny for free
I have a place to stay(festac& ajegunle) , am coming to lagos to chase my dreams/passion so am just looking for a job to sustain me for a period of time cos I know I will find my way out. but regardless sha am a NCE holder and a graduate(awaiting tho)
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by kolaaderin: 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
greatnaija01:
Lagos is a place where if you know what you are doing..... everything works....

LAGOS IS THE BEST CHOICE BECAUSE OF UNLIMITED OPTIONS.... and SIDE HUSTLE IS VERY SMOOTH IN LAGOS
with 50k in lagos. You can not survive it oo. Im sure that kind of job will not even give you extra time for side hustle and 24-hours becomes your nightmare as you struggle to feed with transportation cutting most of the pay.
Be warned stay in IMO while you search for better pay if you must come to Lagos. At least 150k job is needed to break even as a man with with honest side hustle not planning to become a criminal to filling the pay gap. While the same 150k is also needed for a lady to stay afloat with clean side hustle, not becoming prostitute jumping from bed to bed after day work to bridge the pay gap. Be warned.

1 Like

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by osazsky(m): 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
If u can sort out your accommodation my blodder leave that civil war country and come to lagos where u can huzzle in peace..all they do in imo is kill themselves after one ipob cultists kills a soldier then immediately soldiers serves them a taste of their own medicine nigeria will be at war only in imo..while edo will always remain peacefull
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

And sleep in Oshodi under bridge later. Yeye dey smell. Please everyone must not live in Lagos. Lagos is already full. There are many people who live in other places in Nigeria and earn decent income to sustain their families.

I don't have the stats, but I strongly believe that Lagos State has more poor people than any other state in Nigeria. Hope is good, but what we hope for doesn't happen sometimes. Many people have lived in Lagos for years, hoping to make it in Lagos. There are opportunities everywhere; we just need to think and harness them.

OP, you should keep those points in mind before making a pick.
I like you analysis. You have examined it holistically. Imagine asking someone to take a 50k job in Lagos where he probably wouldn't be offered accommodation and who spends his entire salary in max of three weeks, then go hungry.

1 Like

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by kolaaderin: 10:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
Valur20:
I teach in a school in Lagos here where I earn 30k monthly and I also make 15k monthly from two tutorial. I dont take transport as the school is close to my house. I'm living with my bro so I dont pay house rent either yet I'm only saving 10k monthly as feeding is expensive. So 50k small for Lag provided house rent and transport are inclusive
your case is different , you already got help on 60 percent of your needs. a free accommodation close to your work.
We are talking about a loner here, except he is ready to risk life with the agbero boys underbridge.
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Asiri1991: 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
Take Imo job and enjoy the serenity and peaceful greenery of Owerri. Any other place, to me, is better than Lagos, even northern villages. A free ride to Lagos is equivalent to a paid ride to hell. Lagos is a stinky over hyped slum. During festive periods, examine the skin colours of those that returned from other places and compare them with Lagos returnees, even the rich ones among them, you'll realize that living in Lagos is a monumental mistake one can ever make. Again, be mindful of your aural health. Lagos kills human sensory organs quicker than any other slum in the world. Lagos is not for humans.

1 Like

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by shankara7: 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Imo is also an expensive state.
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Ajibade123(m): 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
euwalaka:
I PREFER 30K IN IMO THAN LAGOS BECAUSE OF HIGH COST OF LIVING
I know you people would start shouting high cost of living as if this Lagos that we are is America, in fact I am so sure the difference between the cost of living in Lagos is almost the same as IMO
the only aspect things might be costlier in Lagos is transport

1 Like

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Ajibade123(m): 10:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
Cashmask:
Go for 30k job in imo ooo, everything in Lagos is expensive. House rent, food, transport etc. Better go for imo 30k job than coming to Lagos to suffer on that 50k job, except you have plans of looking for another pay job. 50k in Lagos is equivalent to 25k in imo
that 25k in Lagos is better than the 30k in IMO
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Minjim: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
The difference is s too small
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by andyblinks05: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
Catfishing:
Would you accept 50k to work in Lagos or 30k to work in Owerri, Imo State?
if you decide to go for the job in imo pls connect me to the one in lagos
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Ezzywaymadu(m): 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
Cashmask:
Go for 30k job in imo ooo, everything in Lagos is expensive. House rent, food, transport etc. Better go for imo 30k job than coming to Lagos to suffer on that 50k job, except you have plans of looking for another pay job. 50k in Lagos is equival4ent to 25k in imo
OGA which School U GO
I want send my piki there
U geta for Sense
Coole Life de IMO
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by micflo28(m): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
Lagos oooo, I go calmly wait for Dangote to complete his refinery, I will be the first to submit application. Anything to work in that refinery grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Haywhyluv: 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
greatnaija01:
Lagos is a place where if you know what you are doing..... everything works....

LAGOS IS THE BEST CHOICE BECAUSE OF UNLIMITED OPTIONS.... and SIDE HUSTLE IS VERY SMOOTH IN LAGOS

Pls can u give me ur contact, I need job in Lagos or side hustle
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by andyblinks05: 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
Haywhyluv:

you too dey look for job in lag?
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Ezzywaymadu(m): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
My brother ego better them singem for Song 199..... till date many don go back to that villag
Find where it easy for you now and be connected grobally
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Okoroawusa: 11:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
Op ask yourself this question; how many people in Imo are currently planning to relocate to Lagos and how many people in Lagos are currently planning to relocate to Imo.... Your answer will help you make a decision.

Dem no dey tell person...
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by PAWG(m): 12:00am On Apr 20, 2021
There are so many factors that’ll shape my decision

1. Free house or I have to pay rent

2. Nearness to office

Na IMO sure pass if you no dey sure of the two options above, Lagos Na wash.

If you double my current salary and ask me to move to Lagos, I’ll gladly remain in my Abuja peacefully.
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 20, 2021
Catfishing:
Would you accept 50k to work in Lagos or 30k to work in Owerri, Imo State?

Depending on the nature of the work,

Lagos would be a better option because of opportunities that surrounds in there but before you decide attend to these my questions below ,

Do you have anywhere you can be laying your head for some time ?

is the work 9am to 5pm work ?
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by piagetskinner(m): 12:34am On Apr 20, 2021
While you can make that 50k per week just sitting at home trading forex
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by andyblinks05: 12:38am On Apr 20, 2021
piagetskinner:
While you can make that 50k per week just sitting at home trading forex
give me update bro
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by aysuprano(m): 12:40am On Apr 20, 2021
30k in imo bro, you'll even achieve better things

Let me share my story as an example

After school I got a 70k job in Lagos

I had to live in a friend's parent house cos I had no one in Lagos

The job was on Island and I stay on the mainland

Transportation alone was bout 1kplus to and fro plus feeding costed me almost 2k on a daily basis

Coupled with the stress it was really tough

I leave my house 4:30 every morning and get back home 11pm sometimes

After working for a year plus my greatest achievement was like 2 polo shirt

And I knew I wasn't living healthy, eating junks and having poor sleeping schedule

I decided to move back to ibadan in my parents house

I was linked with a job in IB the offer was 35k, I initially rejected the offer cos I felt a whole me wey dey collect 70k for Lagos thats half of my former job

My mom convinced me that I should take the job till I get a better offer

To cut the long story short I took the job and in less than a year got my own apartment very close to where I work and I'm planning to own a POS shop soon as a side hustle cos I found it easy to save up here in IB

All these I couldn't achieve even tho I was earning double while in Lagos na only hype I dey get say I dey work for Lagos

So my brother i think the 30k in imo is better if u plan right and have your people (family) around u

5 Likes

Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by BHigher(m): 2:44am On Apr 20, 2021
Hi guys. Sales reps needed in Lagos for a fmcg company.
Van sales reps and Open Market Sales Reps needed.
Basic Qualification - OND
Salary - 60k plus other allowances.

Send cv to rconsult8@gmail.com before 22nd April.
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by candygist: 2:49am On Apr 20, 2021
Catfishing:

I for one will take 30k job in Lag over 50k job in Imo.....

Wetin dey Imo State sef?

Seems you don't travel around. With 50K every month as salary, you can be living like a small king. But, we that same amount in Lagos, you are a slave.
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by BHigher(m): 3:06am On Apr 20, 2021
Haywhyluv:

Send your cv to rconsult8@gmail.com
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by efficiencie(m): 3:18am On Apr 20, 2021
@Catfishing 50k job in Lagos is okay for me. Lagos is tough but it is filled with opportunities...the sheer number of people, companies and products in Lagos makes it a place to survive, adapt, learn, grow, dominate and bust out of the poverty line!
Re: 50k Job In Lagos Or 30k Job In Imo State? by hstar: 3:25am On Apr 20, 2021
ThisCouldBeUs:
kiss

grin cheesy cheesy
What's all these nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline / Peace Corps Of Nigeria What Is Your View About Them / Anambra State Ministry Of Education Massive Recruitment (over 60 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.