Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,130 members, 7,933,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:45 PM

''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech (6773 Views)

Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by mdfishers: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2011
THOSE OF YOU HOUNDING JONATHAN ARE CLUELESS AND DUMB AS YOU THINK HE IS. YOU PEOPLE REMIND US OF TAI SOLARIN OF BLESSED MEMORY WHO WAS SO CRICTIC OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY THAT HE WAS CALLED ON BOARD. WHAT DID HE DO? BECAME GOOFANTI.

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD ESCHEW THIS HATRED THAT PUTS YOU ON THIS SAME PAGE AS THE BRAINWHASHED ALMAJIRIS THAT ARE HACKILNG INNOCENT SOULS DOWN IN THE NORTH.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by omo9ja1(m): 10:55am On Apr 21, 2011
Good one mr President more action and talk less
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by baslone: 11:14am On Apr 21, 2011
Is Gej that daft??

How can u rig election and expect that pple will not react.

Too little. . .too late. . . . after hundreds of lives has been lost. . . .
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by donor: 11:32am On Apr 21, 2011
@Ystranger

u can open up ur ignorance and stupidity here if anyone in ur clan can do better than the President.

Ignoramus is ur middle name!
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Guyman02: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2011
Except GEJ for the first time fully prosecute and deal decisively with these northern rioters, the situation will not change. Never have we seen these murderers jailed; thats why Jos is constantly under attack, now Kaduna and other areas have joined.
GEJ must make sure the perpetrators and their sponsors are punished and publicly too.
The judicial commission of enquiry must be made public and its outcome not thrown under the carpet as is usually the case when it involves Northern rogues. If this is not done, Nigerians will start loosing confidence in GEJ
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by lekyar(m): 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2011
The NYSC thing should be reviewed in the light of prevailing circumstances as witnessed over the years. The human cost of the southerners has been so high. They present easy targets to the northern zealots and illiterates as they represent everything [b]SOUTHERN [/b]and [b]EDUCATED [/b]which is what they detest most.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by ufumes(m): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2011
Enough is enough. I dream of a Nigerian that is devoid of incessant crisis in the north. I know this dream will come to pass in this administration.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by cyril10(m): 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2011
Don't allow the hatred you have for GEJ to becloud your sense of reasoning, as some here were saying that the killings going on in the north should be expected becouse he rigged election.

Let's assume he actually rigged the election, eventhough i know he warned people not to rig for him, would that be enough reason for senseless almajiris to take laws in their hands and start unleaching terror on innocent people that are not even related to GEJ.

This has really gone to show that our so called brothers upnorth(some though) are way behind sense of reasoning, all they are interested in is to kill non housas/muslims for no obvious reasons. Atimes i'm moved to think that this almajiris has brain like that of the animals they rear in their dormain.

We should stop defending wrong things and always say the truth this will go along way to help sensitise the people that are perpetrating evils in this country.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by 1025: 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2011
all talks and action make joe a talkertive.
1st oct 2010 after the bomb blast, joe told us that enough was enough and made a genuine promise to bring those behind the bomb to book. six months later, enough is still enough. who knows when this enough will stop been enough? maybe when all of us have gone down. the truth about the matter is that pdp has no plans for us as long as they are busy with our oil money looting, enough will continue to be enough.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by baslone: 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
@cyril. It is not an assumption, PDP rigged strategically to avoid detection, we can stop defending
wrong things by also letting our No to Rigging be as loud as our no to Violence, else we are hypocrites.

Mind you, This situation is purely political! The Nigerian Youth Corper (regardless of religion)has of recent times
become an endangered specie! Muslims were also killed and mosques burnt in the Kafanchan violence!
Even in sabon tasha kaduna mosques were totally destroyed. These were also done by same almajiris.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by nagoma(m): 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
[[size=11pt]b]Nigerian presidential elections: The devil is in the ballot collating .[/b][size=14pt][/size][/size]Thursday, 21 April 2011 00:00 John Campbell    [b][/b][size=13pt][/size]. Share
International election observers have been enthusiastic about Nigeria’s 2011 presidential elections, seeing them as a dramatic improvement over those of 2007, admittedly a low bar. Electorally, the country split in two, with the North, predominately Muslim, voting for Muhammadu Buhari and the South for the winner, incumbent president Goodluck Jonathan. (In addition, there were numerous other candidates who altogether won only a small percentage of the vote). Buhari and other Northern spokesmen have denounced the elections as having been rigged and have called for them to be annulled. Meanwhile, murderous rioting has broken out across the northern part of the country, a sign of the major breakdown in civic order. What happened?
There appears to have been substantial election rigging, not so much at the polling stations where international observers were often present but at the collation centres where monitors were usually absent. A distinguished Nigerian civil organization, The Civil Society Election Situation Room, notes that in twelve states – one third of the total –ostensible voter turnout was suspiciously high. The national voter turnout average was 53 percent. In the twelve identified states, the turnout ranged from 62 percent to 84 percent. The Situation Room cites allegations that the figures were “doctored” and declares that the collation process constituted “the weakest link in the election management process.” Project Swift Count, another civil organization involved with election oversight, did station observers at some collation sites, but apparently a number of its personnel were arrested or otherwise intimidated. The Situation Room faults the Electoral Commission for having been “ineffective in its oversight function as far as monitoring and controlling the collation process was concerned.”

[b]In Nigeria, governors often play a prominent role in election rigging. Of the twelve states with dubious turnout figures cited by the Election Situation Room, eleven had governors from the ruling party who supported Jonathan; none had governors from the opposition who supported Buhari. Of

the twelve states that Buhari won, all in the North, Jonathan accumulated more than twenty-five percent of the votes in eight of them. Of those eight, all are represented by governors of the ruling party, the PDP.

Most of the rigging appears to have benefited Jonathan, and the Electoral Commission has certified that he won twice as many votes as Buhari and easily a majority of the ballots cast. Why rig in states that Jonathan was almost certain to win anyway? The Nigerian constitution requires a successful presidential candidate to win an absolute majority of the votes cast and at least 25 percent of the vote in two thirds of the states.

Otherwise, there is a runoff between the two candidates who had the most votes. So, Jonathan needed overwhelming majorities in his base states to ensure that he won an absolute majority of the ballots cast nationwide.

And, to avoid a runoff, he also needed sufficient support in the North to meet the vote distribution requirement.

So, even if the polling was credible, the ballot counting was not. With the country split in half on regional and religious lines, and with many of the losers convinced the elections were stolen, the result has enraged the North against the ruling party, (including northern elites who are associated with the ruling party such as the Sultan of Sokoto and the Emir of Kano) and also against Christians in many places. The issue is not whether Jonathan would have won the elections “anyway,” it is rather the sentiment among Northerners that the PDP yet again stole the elections.

The immediate concern is that Northern violence against the ruling party and its perceived Christian supporters will result in an anti-Muslim backlash in the states that supported Jonathan. The longer term concern is the alienation of the North from the Federal Republic, a process already underway.[/b]

Campbell is the British High Commissioner in Nigeria.

[/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][tt][/tt][size=8pt][/size][/b][b]
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by jmaine: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
It's Political indeed  angry. . .so killing non natives and attacking anything associated with them with the mindset that they supported the opposition party is morally okay . .now i see why the almajiri situation is rife . .nairaland is proving that while we reckon with the illiterate almajiri, we have a fair share of educated almajiris  who feel and support the motion that unwarranted violence is the way to get the upper hand . .while the rest of the country are allowing sanity to prevail on them in the face of provocation . . . .the rioting animals should be put down lest they bite more than they can chew . .
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by coollexy: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2011
Now im beginin to suspect buhari over d bomb blast in minna durin d pdp campaign.he doesnt give a damn about d number of casualties his supporters wreacked on d innocents.he's so concerned about d result and proposin dat it should be cancelled.may he always have sleepness nite over d deaths of d innocents
rasputinn:

[size=14pt]BUHARI:SORE LOSER and TYRANT[/size]
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Atreides(f): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2011
This is why i will never serve in the North. Everything about them is negative. There's this Igbo guy who was serving there,and he was killed. He woulda begged for his life,anyone would've,and they still killed him. How can a human being pick up a knife and butcher his fellow human being to pieces? How? What spirit of savagery and bestiality possesses those people?

I Will NEVER serve in the North,IJN. My life is too important to me. GEJ's words are all well and good but they do not and cannot bring back the lives that have been lost. It's too little too late. Everybody knew that PDP was gonna win,and we also know that if Pdp won,there would be reprisals in the North. if GEJ was really serious about saving lives,wouldn't he have made prior arrangements? Deployed military/Police forces to the North to protect Corpers or something? All these things shoulda been done earlier. Anyway it's not too late,buh i hope GEJ's words translate to action.

And Every Hausa person who has murdered another innocent human being will NEVER have peace in his/her life,IJN. Amen.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by NAJALYN: 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2011
GEJ has ordered the army to quel the unrest in the Country. People who critisize make more blunders when given the opportunity to serve. GEJ is President for the next 4 years. Learn to accept that.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
i dont know, but it seems to me gej is somehow stuck in the civil war era, going by utterances such as these:

Nigeria unrest 'recalls lead-up to 1967 Biafra war'

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has said the violence following his election is a "sad reminder" of events that plunged Nigeria into civil war.

He said Nigeria was still struggling to come to terms with the suffering of the 1967 conflict when the south-east tried to establish the state of Biafra.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13156508

i mean, helloo, for the past few years we've had bombings, boko haram, jos, kidnappings, this, that, yet it's only this one that reminds him of the civil war?

i'm not saying he's wrong, but he needs to admit the fact that nigeria has serious security problems first and foremost. undecided
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by maclatunji: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2011
This thought just crossed my mind. If you think a certain group of people are dumb and will react in a certain way if you do certain things and still you go ahead and do them; In such a situation who is dumber you or them?
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Arosa(m): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2011
can almarijiri problem in naija be sorted ones and for all, if so how.?
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Kristaz(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2011
B-Blood Thirty Beast
U-Underdog
H-Heartless
A-Arrogant
R-Rigid
I-Islamic Terrorist
It's high time IGP arrested & detained Gen Buhari & his co-travellers for this unwarranted lost of lives and properties.He and those saying that the election results were rigged in the SS & SE are living in the stone age.He lost bc the SS & SE love their son,Jonathan.Buhari is an apostle of violence.He and his cohorts are enemies of the nation.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by baslone: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2011
Kristaz:

B-Blood Thirty Beast
U-Underdog
H-Heartless
A-Arrogant
R-Rigid
I-Islamic Terrorist
It's high time IGP arrested & detained Gen Buhari & his co-travellers for this unwarranted lost of lives and properties.He and those saying that the election results were rigged in the SS & SE are living in the stone age.He lost bc the SS & SE love their son,Jonathan.Buhari is an apostle of violence.He and his cohorts are enemies of the nation.

As I pointed out in my earlier address to you, it is wrong for you to allow miscreants
to infiltrate your ranks and perpetrate such dastardly acts as the mindless destruction
of worship places. Needless to say, this act is worse than the rigging of the elections."

- Gen. Muhammadu Buhari
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Kx: 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
Just saw the telecast.

Was he reading the speech from a distant wall or something?
Why was his facial expression, especially the eyes suggesting that?
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by kasiem(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2011
I dont have that time to waste whinning my mouth, but if any of my relation gets scratch! No amount of security will derail me 4rm killing hundred hausas down here in Aba.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by NewVoice: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2011
Mr President, this is all threat talk no action. I live in Kano and I personally drove around all the major roads today without coming across a single patrol team, except in Sabon Gari where the victims of the violence had gone to stay. Tens of churches burnt without any repercussion, but as soon as a mosque was set on fire in Sabon Gari, the special adviser arrived within fifteen minutes with an army troop molesting innocents just passing by at the moment. I just sincerely hope that this speech is not one of such that you have given about Plateau crisis. Maybe you need to change people that feed you back. You may need to look at the kind of brutality we are talking about

Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Rossikk(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
Mr New Voice, you say this is ''all talk no action''. Are you aware that hundreds of people are under arrest, with many being charged with murder?

Why don't you make the effort to find out what's going on before jumping to negative conclusions that nothing is going on?
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by spora1: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2011
Atreides:

This is why i will never serve in the North. Everything about them is negative. There's this Igbo guy who was serving there,and he was killed. He woulda begged for his life,anyone would've,and they still killed him. How can a human being pick up a knife and butcher his fellow human being to pieces? How? What spirit of savagery and bestiality possesses those people?

I Will NEVER serve in the North,IJN. My life is too important to me. GEJ's words are all well and good but they do not and cannot bring back the lives that have been lost. It's too little too late. Everybody knew that PDP was gonna win,and we also know that if Pdp won,there would be reprisals in the North. if GEJ was really serious about saving lives,wouldn't he have made prior arrangements? Deployed military/Police forces to the North to protect Corpers or something? All these things shoulda been done earlier. Anyway it's not too late,buh i hope GEJ's words translate to action.

And Every Hausa person who has murdered another innocent human being will NEVER have peace in his/her life,IJN. Amen.

You write well. I have a project for you in case you are interested.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Orikinla(m): 10:21am On Apr 22, 2011
[size=18pt]Medicine after death cannot raise the dead.

The government was duly informed and warned of the dangerous states by the SSS, but President Goodluck Jonathan failed to address the emergency and spent billions of naira on his presidential campaign than the amount of money spent on security for INEC staff and other citizens who have lost lives and properties in the post election catastrophe.

The FRESH AIR IS NOW POLLUTED BY THE STENCH OF DECOMPOSING CORPSES OF INNOCENT NYSC MEMBERS AND SCORES OF OTHERS MURDERED BY ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS FANATICS ARMED WITH ONLY CUDGELS, STICKS, STONES, BLADES, DAGGERS AND OTHER WEAPONS THAT CANNOT STAND THE FIREPOWER OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE OR ARMY IF THE DULY SWORN IN PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA DID THE RIGHT THING. INSTEAD OF DOING HIS DUTY, HE TOLD HIS MINISTER OF DEFENCE AND OTHERS TO GO AND CAMPAIGN FOR HIM AND THEY ALL LEFT THEIR PRIMARY DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO GO AND CANVASS FOR VOTES.

THE INNOCENT NYSC MEMBERS AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN MURDERED.
THEY HAVE USED THEM FOR HUMAN SACRIFICE TO WIN THEIR PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BY FORCE.

ANYONE BLAMING GEN. MUHAMMADU BUHARI (RETD) IS A FOOL.
BUHARI DID NOT SEND THOSE MURDERERS ON RAMPAGE TO MURDER INNOCENT CITIZENS.

I WAS IN LAGOS WHEN POLITICAL VIOLENCE BROKE OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY OFFICE AS POLITICAL THUGS USED GUNS, MACHETES AND OTHER WEAPONS IN BATTLE, BUT THE ANTI RIOT POLICE IN ARMOURED VEHICLES ATTACKED THEM AND STOPPED THEM.

IF THE ARMY AND POLICE ALREADY ASSIGNED IN THOSE STATES CAME OUT TO STOP THE MURDERERS, NO INNOCENT LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST AND NO VEHICLE, HOUSE OR CHURCH WOULD HAVE BEEN BURNT.

WHERE WERE THE POLICE AND ARMY WHEN THOSE MAD BOYS WENT ON RAMPAGE?

I worked for the Alhaji Bamanga Turkur Presidential Campaign in 1990 and I once carried a rifle for his Director of Publicity for use in self defence.
I have gone to the Niger Delta to address the militancy and spoke to Asari Dokubo to bury the hatchet and he agreed, but before I knew it, the Federal Government arrested him for just openly expressing his political belief and detained him without trial and that was what provoked the emergence of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) and I simply left the government to face their Frankenstein monster.

THE FACT IS WE HAVE AN INCOMPETENT GOVERNMENT THAT FAILED WOEFULLY TO PROVIDE SECURITY, BECAUSE OF CORRUPTION.

The government keeps on telling lies upon lies to hoodwink the ignorant masses.

They boast that they have provided regular supply of fuel, but there is scarcity of kerosene, the fuel of the masses.

There is no regular supply of petrol in remote places in Northern Nigeria, the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria.

The majority of voters are in the rural areas and kerosene means more to them than petrol.
Regular water supply means more to them than petrol.

ANY DUMMY GOVERNMENT CAN PROVIDE REGULAR SUPPLY OF PETROL.
WHERE IS THE PETROL COMING FROM?
FROM OUR REFINERIES OR IMPORTED WITH MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES?   

IS IT NOT CORRUPTION THAT HAS MADE THE GOVERNMENT TO TURN TO AN IMPORTER OF FUEL?

ASK THE OIL MARKETERS WHY WE NOW HAVE REGULAR SUPPLY OF PETROL.

The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) has INDICTED THE NNPC OF CORRUPTION.[/size]
[size=18pt]
MANY MEMBERS OF NAIRALAND DISPLAY APPALLING IGNORANCE THAT YOU CANNOT SEE ON ANY FORUM IN CIVILIZED NATIONS. I AM A WELL KNOWN MEMBER OF THE HUFFINGTON POST AND PARTICIPATED IN THE ONLINE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGNS AND OUR DISCUSSIONS WERE BASED ON INTELLIGENT ANALYSES OF THE REALITIES IN THE US AND NOT ON HEARSAY BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN ON FIELD TRIPS TO RURAL AREAS AND WHO DO NOT EVEN READ, BUT ONLY SHUTTLING ON THE STREETS OF THEIR URBAN COMFORT ZONES OF GHETTOS POSTING FROM THEIR PCs OR SMARTPHONES AND MADE THEMSELVES ARMCHAIR PUNDITS AND THEY ARE AMONG THE MOST STUPID SUPPORTERS OF THE CORRUPT AND INCOMPETENT GOVERNMENT OF PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND HIS CORRUPT RULING PARTY PDP THAT WAS SEEN RIGGING ON VIDEO POSTED ON YOUTUBE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE AND MILLIONS OF NORTHERNERS WHO ARE POLITICALLY MORE INFORMED HOOKED ON FREE CABLE TV AND BBC NEWS IN HAUSA WERE PROVOKED.

YOU CAN FOOL THEM SOMETIMES, BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL THEM ALL THE TIME.[/size]
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Orikinla(m): 10:27am On Apr 22, 2011
[size=18pt]Nigeria: Neiti Report Indicts NNPC, CBN, NDDC

Lagos — THE quest for good corporate governance in Nigeria suffered a set back, yesterday, as the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI, released its Report on 2005 Audits of the extractive industries in the country which indicted the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.

The CBN is spear-heading corporate governance, while the NDDC was blamed over its handling of revenue from oil companies and loyalties paid to the nation's treasury.

NEITI also disclosed that the volume of the nation's oil production was still largely unknown.

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201004010389.html[/size]

According to Economic Confidential, an online magazine, the report states that "CBN did not record some Petroleum Profit Tax, PPT, payments by oil companies, amounting to $241 million net difference while there are discrepancies in the revenues that oil companies paid to the NDDC and the one declared by the commission itself."

The report said "The Executive Secretary of NEITI, Haruna Yunusa Sa'eed, explained that his agency was still facilitating remediation efforts aimed at getting to the root of the outstanding N654 billion unremitted revenue by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.

Under-calculation of royalties

"In the case of NNPC, there are issues regarding withholding revenue/payments for lifting being a buyer of Nigeria's crude oil. They were expected to pay fully for what they lifted. That payment was short and at the last count, it was N654 billion based on the 2005 audit. There was also the issue of accounting systems, funds not well accounted for.

"We have talked about $243 million in the areas of under-calculations in terms of royalties; about $340 billion in terms of petroleum profit tax underpayment based on the use of wrong price to determine such liabilities.

There are equally issues that we are working with both FIRS and DPR to determine the net amounts payable by these companies. Although we are yet to recover anything from NNPC in terms of money, considering the claim by NNPC that part of the money was deployed as subsidy for petroleum products, but efforts are still on to make such recovery almost seamless."

On NDDC, Mr. Sa'eed said the Commission declared that it received $135 million and N8.4 billion from oil companies in 2005, yet this was $14 million (N195 million) higher than $120 million (N8.16 billion), which the companies claimed to have paid.

Higher receipts by the CBN

The report also revealed that the CBN recorded higher receipts than the ones made by Nigeria Agip Oil Company, NAOC, Phillips and Continental while it did not report the Additional Bonus reserves by the NAOC. Also the PPT payment for the year by five oil companies namely, Brass Exploration, Pan Ocean, Phillips, Conoil and Continental could not be located on CBN template.

The report added: "The CBN recorded higher receipts than the ones made by Amni, Elf, and NAOC, while it recorded higher net receipts than the ones made by Conoil, Moni Pulo, Panocean, Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC, Philips and Elf."

The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI, is mandated by law to promote transparency and accountability in the management of Nigeria's oil, gas and mining revenues. A major component of the on-going anti-corruption reform in the country, NEITI is the national version of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, EITI, which is a global movement aimed at ensuring that extractive resources aid sustainable development.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Orikinla(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2011
The following is a letter on the book I am publishing on the corruption going on in the petroleum industry.

[size=18pt]Subject: Book on the saga of the controversial allegations of $10.8 Billion Tax Evasion and Fraud By Chevron Nigeria Limited, from 2005 to 2011.

Dear All,

I have decided to publish the book on the controversial allegations of
$10.8 Billion Tax Evasion and Fraud By Chevron Nigeria Limited after
nearly six years of comprehensive investigation and interaction with
the principal complainant and petitioner Mr. Fidelis Uzonwanne, the
Managing Director of ABZ Integrated Limited, an Abuja based company
that provided a letter of engagement as tax consultants to Economic
and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

I have been following this case since I reported the $10.8 Billion tax
evasion and fraud allegation against Chevron on Monday, August 01,
2005 and also posted the refutation by Chevron in their rejoinder on
Wednesday, August 03, 2005. And I have addressed it locally and
internationally, from the Inland Revenue Service Board (FIRS) of
Nigeria to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the US and other
government agencies.

Mr. Fidelis Uzonwanne has sent me over 200 pages of documents tendered
as exhibits alleging the following:

•Non payment of monthly Petroleum Profit Tax installments. Chevron Oil
Nigeria Limited was expected to make 104 installments for eight years
to year 2002. The company failed to make 42 installments, while its
partner, TOPCON, failed to pay 24 installments. This denied the nation
of several millions of dollars.

•Some payments claimed to have been made by the companies were not
traceable to the Federal Reserve Bank account for the domiciliation of
PPT revenue.

•Use of illegal revisions of their PPT estimates to manipulate their
tax liabilities. These were revisions made beyond the statutorily
permitted accounting year of December 31 of each year.

•Manipulation of revenue from royalties for which DPR is responsible
for determination of liabilities but ironically does not issue receipt
to the oil companies for payment; instead, the office of the
Accountant-General of the Federation usurped the responsibilities even
though it is not a government revenue generating agency.

•Conspiracy between revenue officers and Chevron which led to
replacement of Assessment Notice for a higher amount of $21,838,977
with that of $12,005,455. The difference of $9,833,492 denied the
federation has been established to be a fraud actualized by
duplicating an expense on licenses and miscellaneous taxes in 1996.

•There were cases where FIRS credited Chevron with payments which it
never made. An example was the $22,400,000 vides Treasury receipt No.
PP036337 of August 14, 1997. This suggests fund diversion. The tax
consultants also said in their report that in 2002, Chevron claimed to
have spent $25.5 million on community development while in actual fact
only $249,000 was spent."

THE IRREFUTABLE FACTS:

• The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI)
under Dr. (Mrs.) Obiageli Ezekwesili acknowledged the engagement of
ABZ Integrated Limited by the Economic and Finacial Crimes Commission
(EFCC) under the former Executive Chairmanship of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu
as a consultant for the recovery of the unpaid taxes from Chevron
Nigeria Limited.

• In the last quarter of 2005, the House Committee on Petroleum
Resources (Upstream), under the chairmanship of Dr. Cairo Ojougboh,
had a public hearing on the allegation of $10.8 billion tax evasion
and fraud against Chevron Nigeria Limited. And in September 2006, the
Chairman vindicated ABZ and confirmed that Chevron evaded tax as
alleged and was ordered to refund the sum of $492 million. NEITI’s
auditors also validated the claims of ABZ. But Chevron has only
refunded a fraction of the total Petroleum Profit Tax (PPT) evaded,
without paying the penalties required by PPT Act. And ABZ has not been
paid its entitlements since Chevron has refunded the sum of $866
million of the Petroleum Profit Tax (PPT) evaded so far.

• The $10.8 billion tax evasion was an exaggeration by Mr. Fidelis
Uzonwanne, the Managing Director of ABZ Integrated Limited.

I have addressed this case with all the key bodies involved in
Nigeria, such as the Executive Chairman, Inland Revenue Service Board
(FIRS), Dr. (Mrs.) Ifueko Omoigui-Okaro who has been unfairly harassed
by Mr. Fidelis Uzonwanne, the Managing Director of ABZ Integrated
Limited and she has sued him and his accomplices for libel of which
Mr. Fidelis Uzonwanne, the Managing Director of ABZ Integrated Limited
sent me the legal documents of the case and will also be included in
the book.

In conclusion, I have discovered that some of the allegations were
erroneous and ambiguous. Moreover, I can vouch for the integrity of
Mr. Fidelis Uzonwanne, the Managing Director of ABZ Integrated Limited
and also cannot trust the integrity of the officials of the EFCC, FIRS
and Chevron Nigeria Limited, because all of them erred in various ways
and failed to address a simple matter that would have been resolved
amicably without unnecessary procrastination and litigation.

The book is relevant and significant for the records of the so called
$10.8 Billion tax evasion and fraud allegation against Chevron, with
all the links to the references of the case in the print and
electronic media on the internet.

The book will be available in hardcover only and will be released
soon. The resolution will not delay it. E-mail me whatever input you
wish to be included in the book.

I am giving EFCC, FIRS and Chevron Nigeria Limited
the opportunity to state their roles in the billion dollar tax evasion
saga. The facts would be addressed without bias in the book.

A copy of the book will be sold for $25 only by the publisher and
distributor Amazon Inc.

Please, let me know if you have any objection to this very important
publication before we go to press.

Faithfully,
Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima
Publisher/Editor
24/7 Nigeria
Nigerians Report
American Times Online
Tel: 234 7066379246[/size]
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 22, 2011
[size=18pt]CPC = CONGRESS OF PATHETIC CANNIBALS !!!![/size]
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by 1025: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2011
Except GEJ for the first time fully prosecute and deal decisively with these northern rioters, the situation will not change. Never have we seen these murderers jailed; thats why Jos is constantly under attack, now Kaduna and other areas have joined.
GEJ must make sure the perpetrators and their sponsors are punished and publicly too.
The judicial commission of enquiry must be made public and its outcome not thrown under the carpet as is usually the case when it involves Northern rogues. If this is not done, Nigerians will start loosing confidence in GEJ

@guyman02,
where were u on after 1st oct 2010 bomb blasts in abuja? your jonathan promised to bring those behind the killings to book. he at a point told us that Chief Raymond Dokpesi was behind the bombings and that he will face the law. Dokpesi was then the campeign manager of IBB but along the line, Chief Raymond Dokpesi joined the GEJ campiegn team and since then, nobody has called him a bomber again.
my prayer is that God of heaven visit those who are behind all these killings and pay them back with their own coins.
if pdp had agreement of zoning, why not hold on to that and avoid the deaths of innocent citizens?
God, please for those behind these killings, let them not know peace and let the deaths of these innocent nigerians be better than theirs in the mighty name of Jesus Christ - Amen.
Re: ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech by squirell5: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2011
The north has been in the power game n tussle for over 30years & they have yielded nothing but chaos & failure. Maybe we should do it the Israeli way: for every attack on non muslims & corpers, we bomb 10mosques in other southern cities n kill some mallams, that should work abi? we sef for south fit gbege na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference / Dino Melaye Office Burgled In Abuja / Exxonmobil To Construct 500MW Power Plant In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.