Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,252 members, 7,887,727 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:56 PM

Obama, Sarkozy Felicitate With President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama, Sarkozy Felicitate With President (476 Views)

Former French President Sarkozy In Detention / Obama, Sarkozy Felicitate With President / Nicholas Sarkozy Declares War To Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obama, Sarkozy Felicitate With President by rasputinn(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2011
Obama, Sarkozy Felicitate with President

World leaders, including the United States President Barack Obama and his French counterpart, Nicolas Sarkozy, Wednesday congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan on his victory in the presidential election and wished “him well in meeting the many challenges facing Nigeria and in providing the good governance Nigerians deserve”.

The US president on his part specifically urged the presidential candidates, who lost the election, to respect the result of the poll and embrace the established legal channels to seek redress and shun violence.

In his message to Jonathan, Sarkozy in a statement transmitted to THISDAY by the French Embassy said: “On the occasion of your election as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I am pleased to send you my warmest congratulations. According to all observers, the election of the 16th of April was an important step towards consolidating democracy and strengthening good governance in your country. I know you intend to transform Nigeria and I can assure you that France is determined to provide you its full support for this ambitious project.”

He said he was excited by the role Nigeria played to resolve the Ivoirien crisis as well as the ongoing Libyan.

“I also want to express my gratitude for your commitment in the Ivorian and Libyan crises management. We have to continue our dialogue on these major issues. Your role is essential, both within ECOWAS and the African Union and within the United Nations Security Council,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obama-sarkozy-felicitate-with-president/90011/
Re: Obama, Sarkozy Felicitate With President by humebuloe: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
He deserve the felicitations
Re: Obama, Sarkozy Felicitate With President by Rossikk(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
Buhari, thug, take note. GEJ has global support.

Return to your cattle-rearing duties.

(1) (Reply)

"we Tip-toe On Thumb Of Thuggery" By Chidi Anthony Opara / Rigging Of The Presidential Election Caught On Video In Ondo / Rising Food, Energy Costs Driving Inflation – Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.