Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,573 members, 7,978,902 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:31 PM

Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions (514 Views)

FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census / BBNaija: CLO Tells Buhari To Abolish Big Brother Naija Reality TV Show / 2019 : Nairaland Debate ; PDP Vs APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Let's be honest most of African traditions and customs ought not to be practiced on the 21st century,it's most of these customs that keep pulling the continent backwards daily.

We most abolish at least 50% of most of our barbaric and unclivilized customs and traditions before this continent can develop,who is with me on this?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Armaggedon: 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
I'm not with you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2021
Armaggedon:
I'm not with you.
Hmmmm why if I may ask
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by IduNaOba: 10:03pm On Apr 20, 2021
Your own iberibelistic tendencies beats even the gods.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Monogamy: 10:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
shocked shocked
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
superjab247:
Let's be honest most of African traditions and customs ought not to be practiced on the 21st century,it's most of these customs that keep pulling the continent backwards daily.

We most abolish at least 50% of most of our barbaric and unclivilized customs and traditions before this continent can develop,who is with me on this?
give example of does you think should be abolished and why.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by longetivity(m): 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
No barbaric culture and traditions in OODUA land
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
DFOmobolla:

give example of does you think should be abolished and why.
So many e.g there is a popular tradition of the effrun people in delta state whereby it's alleged that during their feast human heads are secretly used to appease the gods the isokos also do it they are called "ogbu" the number of feather in your head is determined by number of people u killed same the binis,yorubas and so on

All these barbaric customs that support shedding of human blood must the stop
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 10:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
longetivity:
No barbaric culture and traditions in OODUA land
Don't let me open your yansh on this forum ooo grin grin
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by alfasexy: 10:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
90% of them I must say.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by nrexzy: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2021
Our tradition is our identity.....
You don't know westerners practice deep n deadly traditions.

All they did is repackage theirs...
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2021
nrexzy:
Our tradition is our identity.....
You don't know westerners practice deep n deadly traditions.

All they did is repackage theirs...
Then what prevent us from repackaging ours to confirm into the 21st century as Mordern humans
Haba!!!!
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by nrexzy: 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2021
superjab247:

Then what prevent us from repackaging ours to confirm into the 21st century as Mordern humans
Haba!!!!

Ur mentality does that...
I don't think you know much about African culture and history abd what has been done....
Look for books about Nile civilization, read about the kemets, etc
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 11:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
nrexzy:

Ur mentality does that...
I don't think you know much about African culture and history abd what has been done....
Look for books about Nile civilization, read about the kemets, etc
60% of our traditional feasts supports the usauage of human sacrifice during festive periods and it's an open secret.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by nrexzy: 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
superjab247:

60% of our traditional feasts supports the usauage of human sacrifice during festive periods and it's an open secret.

So those the western culture bit theirs isn't done publically...
U know some of the occult uses babes n children to survive...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Rosskiiku: 11:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
superjab247:

You are a COLONISED moro.n..

Don't you dare come in here to besmirch African tradition with your lies, you ignoramus.

Maybe in YOUR village, festivals are done with human sacrifice. That is NOT the norm in Nigerian villages or towns or cities, and has NEVER been the norm, even in precolonial times.

So you can take your nasty, wretched, colonised air head and go stick it up some white neo nazi's stinking butt.

What you SHOULD be fighting for, if you had a working brain in your head, is for a RETURN of our traditions which stipulated HEAVY sanctions for corruption, theft, and criminality, which was the reason, the great city of Benin was reported as early as the 14th century to not need doors to people's houses because the crime rate was ZERO.

It is TODAY, with your imported religions which stress ''FORGIVENESS'' for every atrocity, including looting, stealing, rape, murder, and other barbarities, that we have a massive decline in morals, and a huge rise in crime and corruption across the land.

Your private jet flying christian pastors, looting their congregations' wealth - CROOKS who welcome their fellow looters and thieves with open arms in their church, stress nothing but wealth acquisition and raw greed, as society falls further into a moral ditch.

AND YOU HAVE THE TEMERITY, THE AUDACITY, THE EFFRONTERY, to attack the customs of our African ancestors?

HOW DARE YOU?

NONSENSE.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 12:11am On Apr 21, 2021
Rosskiiku:

You are a COLONISED DUNDERHEAD.

Don't you dare come in here to besmirch African tradition with your lies, you ignorant little donkey.

Maybe in YOUR village, festivals are done with human sacrifice. That is NOT the norm in Nigerian villages or towns or cities, and has NEVER been the norm, even in precolonial times.

So you can take your nasty, wretched, colonised air head and go stick it up some white neo nazi's stinking butt.

What you SHOULD be fighting for, if you had a working brain in your head, is for a RETURN of our traditions which stipulated HEAVY sanctions for corruption, theft, and criminality, which was the reason, the great city of Benin was reported as early as the 14th century to not need doors to people's houses because the crime rate was ZERO.

It is TODAY, with your imported religions which stress ''FORGIVENESS'' for every atrocity, including looting, stealing, rape, murder, and other barbarities, that we have a massive decline in morals, and a huge rise in crime and corruption across the land.

NONSENSE.

Don't tell me what I know okay,I know what am saying b4 I created this thread.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Rosskiiku: 12:12am On Apr 21, 2021
superjab247:

Don't tell me what I know okay,I know what am saying b4 I created this thread.

GO AND CAMPAIGN TO END CHRISTIANITY WHICH PRESCRIBES ''FORGIVENESS'' FOR LOOTERS, RAPISTS, AND MURDERERS.

AFRICAN TRADITION PRESCRIBES ACCOUNTABILITY, NOT ''FORGIVENESS''.

THEREFORE AFRICAN TRADITION IS SUPERIOR AND MORE RELEVANT TO OUR NEEDS THAN YOUR IMPORTED RUBBISH.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 12:18am On Apr 21, 2021
Rosskiiku:

GO AND CAMPAIGN TO END CHRISTIANITY WHICH PRESCRIBES ''FORGIVENESS'' FOR LOOTERS, RAPISTS, AND MURDERERS.

AFRICAN TRADITION PRESCRIBES ACCOUNTABILITY, NOT ''FORGIVENESS''.

THEREFORE AFRICAN TRADITION IS SUPERIOR AND MORE RELEVANT TO OUR NEEDS THAN YOUR IMPORTED RUBBISH.
Mr man wether u like it or not,majority of our traditional practices does not conform with the 21st century.

That's a bitter truth.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Rosskiiku: 12:21am On Apr 21, 2021
superjab247:

Mr man wether u like it or not,majority of our traditional practices does not conform with the 21st century.

That's a bitter truth.

NAME 1 ASPECT of your imported faiths, christianity and islam, which conforms with the 21st century.

JUST ONE.

In your bible and koran, there are NUMEROUS Instances where your imported 'God' is ordering people to go on killing sprees of their neighbours.

Are you aware of that?

Should I drop some quotes from your ''holy'' book?
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 12:24am On Apr 21, 2021
Rosskiiku:

NAME 1 ASPECT of your imported faiths, christianity and islam, which conforms with the 21st century.

JUST ONE.

Count Islam out of this,those people I don't if na devil na im swear for them.

Christianity doesn't support human rituals,violence and superstitions,the USA UK are all Christian countries name one African country that carry tradition for head is as developed as these nations.

Just one!!!!
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Rosskiiku: 12:28am On Apr 21, 2021
superjab247:

Count Islam out of this,those people I don't if na devil na im swear for them.

Christianity doesn't support human rituals,violence and superstitions,the USA UK are all Christian countries name one African country that carry tradition for head is as developed as these nations.

Just one!!!!

The USA, a christian nation, MURDERED 1 MILLION IRAQIS based on lies about non existent weapons of mass destruction.

'Good christian' King Leopold of Belgium, murdered 20 million Congolese in his crazed colonial drive to steal African land and resources.

Christian nations including Britain, France, Belgium et al, went around the world looting, mass murdering, enslaving and colonising people just to steal their resources and enrich their own nations.

You are a colonised, brainwashed dude, which is why their criminality smells like roses to your nose!!!

EWU!!

Why won't the christian nations be ''developed'' when they went round the whole world destroying and looting other civilizations to enrich themselves?
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 21, 2021
African tradition are the best. It compound around all aspects of life. It's the essence of we africans. Our tradition is colorful, powerful and meaningful.... not the boring Suit and Tie.
Re: Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions by superjab247: 7:18am On Apr 21, 2021
Rosskiiku:

The USA, a christian nation, MURDERED 1 MILLION IRAQIS based on lies about non existent weapons of mass destruction.

'Good christian' King Leopold of Belgium, murdered 20 million Congolese in his crazed colonial drive to steal African land and resources.

Christian nations including Britain, France, Belgium et al, went around the world looting, mass murdering, enslaving and colonising people just to steal their resources and enrich their own nations.

You are a colonised, brainwashed dude, which is why their criminality smells like roses to your nose!!!

EWU!!

Why won't the christian nations be ''developed'' when they went round the whole world destroying and looting other civilizations to enrich themselves?
Mr man calm down this is APC/PDP quarrel online okay but an educative conversation and I have my reasons now let's not get it twisted.
The USA is a sole defender of democracy,don't believe all these fake news of USA invading and steal people resources they are propanganda.if Iraq hadn't invaded raped pillaged and murdered Kuwaiti citizens he won't had incurred the wrath of America Saddam was breeding terrorism and strong nepotic and sectarian tendencies in Iraq just as buhari is currently doing and that made the USA to tried to oust him from power,Saddam wasn't a good man if USA where thieves as u claimed,they would have invaded and stealed Jordan,UAE,Kuwait,Saudi Arabia ghana resources,but whenever the USA intervene to help a country enemies concort all sort of propaganda to make USA bad,Gaddafi killed thousands of protesters same with the Syrian President Assad who allowed syrian tanks to open fire on protesters,imagine Nigerian army using armoured tanks to spray protesters dead and u expect USA to be happy and send them congratulatory messages Abi,if not for fear of USA sanctions most evil leaders accross the world would have dealt much more brutally with their people,the UN was formed after the end of ww2 and one responsibity of USA is to maintain world peace and democracy accross the world.that y USA would always be leader of democracy not because the Chinese or Russians doesn't have enough technology or the wealth to overcome the USA but majority of Europe and most of the world practice democracy and Russia and China arent democratic so their is no way the russian/Chinese would overcome America in the next 50 years unless they start practicing democracy.

If USA invaded Nigeria now to topple buhari over his misgovernment polices and support for bandits/islamic terrorists so America want to steal Nigeria oil Abi?

Stop it,most of African culture supports superstitions and fetish rites that if our young children get exposed to in years to come,our country and Africa would remain backward even in the next thousand years,Africans need to embrace technology and science and forget about superstition that would always pull this continent into the dark ages.

It's the fetish superstitious and blizzard beliefs that I want to be abolished from our tradition not all of our tradition okay.

(1) (Reply)

NBC Fine Against Channels Is Draconian - PDP To FG / SHOCKING!!! Rev. Mbaka Finally Revealed Why He Was Kidnapped / Africa - France Summit Postponed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.