Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,608 members, 7,888,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:03 PM

Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream (19842 Views)

OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos) / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by BigDawsNet: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2021
Imagine MIT students going through all the stuffs....

No wonder some students are dull in naija

While same students are genius outside the country

4 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2021
it's a normal thing and part of life, even we that school abroad those days experience same thing
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by CheedyJ(m): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
it's a normal thing and part of life, even we that school abroad those days experience same thing
By abroad you mean Benin republic right

7 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by mannasseh(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2021
AmazingELixir:
undecided undecided undecided

"A resident of the ETF Hall, who gave his name simply as Olayinka, said some buoyant students had been buying sachet water to cook and bathe, while the rest were fetching water from the stream.

He stated, “But for some of us that cannot afford sachet water for such purposes, we have been going to the stream near our hostel to get water."

They can't afford sachet water....how do these ones even feed.

okpo, a bag of water is now 200
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by adebayo201: 8:55am On Apr 21, 2021
I couldn't imagine how the toilets will look like cry lipsrsealed undecided shocked

Cleaners don go on unofficial vacation.

5 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2021
Lordave:
I can remember some animals from certain region of the country making mockery of Enugu residents when water scarcity hit the city few weeks ago.

What do these people have to say now, well I don’t expect to hear anything sensible from them cos animals cannot talk.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by SOP07: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2021
This happens often as I can never forget it happened while I was in school as well.

Going to get water for oneself seeing guys putting on boxers alone, some with singlets though, ladies with wrappers alone, some with nighties, underwear etc. Between 3 AM to 6 AM, fetching from Oduduwa Hall Toilets, Streams, Banking Area's water leakage and so on...

Nigeria's education system is tending towards being a joke jor...�

3 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by pikechukwu6(m): 9:03am On Apr 21, 2021
It is better for them as rain is about to fall... But make sure you do this to avoiding contracting malaria. May God help them.

Nah wetin PMB cause be that. undecided undecided

Say Buhari cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxuByQlHQQ
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by samwash(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2021
adebayo201:
I couldn't imagine how the toilets will look like cry lipsrsealed undecided shocked

Cleaners don go on unofficial vacation.

Exactly my thoughts, that's what am abt to write.
This type of situation is very rampant in government own universities.

2 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by uuzba(m): 9:25am On Apr 21, 2021
Mayour11:
See what some of the students were seeing from their tap yesterday.
It's good na.
This is the from the bottom of the water tank
It has been there since for long, rotten.
When clean water is pumped into the tank, THIS sludge is STILLL THERE, at the bottom, MIXING with the clean water
and everybody is drinking it.
Now, that water is dry, make una see wetin una dey drink since all these days.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Harrykaey: 9:26am On Apr 21, 2021
Ok, I was at the OAU Dam yesterday which is responsible for the university community water management. Simply, there's no water cause they do not have alum for purification. They brought 60 bags of alum for them that day but it could last for 2 days or so.

The problem is definitely management problem. Someone didn't release money for these procurement or someone failed to deliver.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Geesaintagape: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2021
Awolowo will be weeping by now
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Dpaulie(m): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2021
No be today.. remember my part one days at Angola hostel...all we wey stay for block d back then no Dey get problem for water cos we get one konga behind that block, so na we be the landlords for water that year

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by wink2015(m): 9:34am On Apr 21, 2021
Corruption is the cause of this problem.

Money budgeted for the provision of water is looted.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by sayisayi(m): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2021
Giant of filth! grin grin
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2021
for ur information, i school in UK
CheedyJ:

By abroad you mean Benin republic right
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by CheedyJ(m): 9:48am On Apr 21, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
for ur information, i school in UK
Urhobo kingdom or ugheli kingdom , pls specify which
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Johnsegun25(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2021
AmazingELixir:
undecided undecided undecided

"A resident of the ETF Hall, who gave his name simply as Olayinka, said some buoyant students had been buying sachet water to cook and bathe, while the rest were fetching water from the stream.

He stated, “But for some of us that cannot afford sachet water for such purposes, we have been going to the stream near our hostel to get water."

Well what I think he meant there was not him and his type not being able to afford the 10 naira, 20 naira sachet water to drink when they need it..

It's just that, buying at least 2 bags to cook, bath and wash some other things daily is not it..
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Focusmind: 10:03am On Apr 21, 2021
And some people were busy lambasting the OP that posted the pictures of University of Cape Coast, saying that OAU have more structures than UCC.

My people, it is not about gigantic ugly looking structures. It is about decency, civility, cleanliness and access to basic things like portable pipe born water, electricity, pedestrian walkways,, functional laundry rooms for students and decent hostels. All these are lacking in a typical Nigerian University.

I enjoyed all these basic amenities as a student in UK and felt a sense of fulfillment for schooling there. I sympathize with Nigerian students as schooling here is very hellish and I don't intend to send any of my kids to public universities in Nigeria.

Environment matters in education, especially higher education and studying in a conducive and civil environment and surrounding is very important.

4 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2021
oau in the news for bad reasons this days
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Olanivalue(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2021
One of the best opportunity you can opt in now if you never considered the voice ng and Nigeria Idol;
Stand a chance to win N3,000,000 CASH, a brand NEW Reno5F smartphone, a song production and promotion deal, a session on Africa’s largest Digital TV + Music Video and an exclusive mentorship session with a top entertainment personality. �
-
To join:
Step 1: Visit www.oppomusicstar.ng
Step 2: Listen to the #OPPOReno5FSong & Lyrics
Step3: Download song instrumental.
Step 4: Record yourself singing/rapping to the beat
Step 5: Upload your video to www.oppomusicstar.ng
Terms and conditions apply.
Let's go � #OPPOReno5F

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:32am On Apr 21, 2021
Lol, Una even get stream to fetch water from. In those days at UNN, na Swimming pool water we carry go baf... Chitis and Udokanma kitchen tanks hear am from Mbanefo boys

The school authorities should look into it sha, unavailability of something as important as water can be irritating atimes

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2021
none of the above
CheedyJ:

Urhobo kingdom or ugheli kingdom , pls specify which
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2021
They are drinking from gutter this one is not even their problem nah Esn and ipob be the only problem afonja get.. shame
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Abilistic(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2021
AmazingELixir:

"afford sachet water" to bath and wash? Is that what you use in your house?
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2021
This thing happens every season. It's annoying
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by zimmaking(m): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2021
Tolexander:
Are they also experiencing this water scarcity in the staff quarters?

I once experienced this situation when we had to start fetching water from the stream behind Angola hall
U can lie,you never step to OAU before.water no dey behind Angola.If you dey come from Faj to ETF that is where stream dey.Lie kee u dere.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Esteve24: 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by KingOdart(m): 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Lordave:
I can remember some animals from certain region of the country making mockery of Enugu residents when water scarcity hit the city few weeks ago.

What do these people have to say now, well I don’t expect to hear anything sensible from them cos animals cannot talk.

Typical IPOB pig, you are the animal here.

Same way you Ipigs still mock southwest over Fulani and Benin IDP issues, so why are you crying over Enugu own? Even if we mock you over the recent fulani killings in Ebonyi it is fair

Shameless hypocrites always acting like victims, are you blind and don't see your brothers still ranting "Benin IDP" around even after several of you Pigs were slaughtered like rams in Ebonyi by Fulani?

Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Esteve24: 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
ChiefSosa:
All Universities in Nigeria seem to have this problem. APC have broken yet another promise they made, they promised to dig at least 65 wells in all universities across the country, I was there and even saw osinbade touching the ground with his index finger and placing it on his tongue, swearing with Sango. Buhari should personally go and dig a well in that school, his doctors have confirmed him to be okay, so he doesn't have excuse. Maybe Unknown gunmen stole the water. Lai Mohammed: "there's water scarcity because some Nigerians have not linked their NIN, the FG have been digging several wells but only those with NIN can see the wells. The past administration and Endsars protesters drank a lot of water, thereby leading to water scarcity. When our refinery is done, we will be refining and exporting water.

Presidency: "Buhari expresses shock, commiserates with the students. Vows to deal with students wasting water. Tasks officials on what to do next"
Bro ur last two paragraph got me rolling on the floor
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by drinkgarri: 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
Instead of going to stream, wetin do their swimming water, #break into the swimming pool jor
Re: Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream by Lordave: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
KingOdart:

Typical IPOB pig, you are the animal here.

Same way you Ipigs still mock southwest over Fulani and Benin IDP issues, so why are you crying over Enugu own? Even if we mock you over the recent fulani killings in Ebonyi it is fair

Shameless hypocrites always acting like victims, are you blind and don't see your brothers still ranting "Benin IDP" around even after several of you Pigs were slaughtered like rams in Ebonyi by Fulani?
We are all animals, but it’s sad you chose to be a pig.

Bye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Non-academic Students On The Rise In Nigerian Universities- NTA / At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. / Jimoh Khairat Emerged 3rd Position In The Commonwealth Writing Contest

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.