Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:41 AM

Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment (8783 Views)

Pensioners To Get Paid A Week After Retirement – PENCOM / Abia Pensioners To Smile Home As Udensi Obtains List To Roll Out Welfare Package / FG Releases Circular On Minimum Wage Consequential Adjustment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Sanniwonder8: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pls if dey embark on strike how it is going to affect government even ASUU strike did not affect them hmmm I pity Dem sha
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by kayusely70(m): 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:
What a country!!! Even our grand parents who sacrificed their youthful years to serve the country are now feeling the heat.
There are pensioners earning N2,500 per month as pension!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by charlesucheh(m): 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
They are right. A change in price of commodities will definitely affect them. a prospective and retrogressive analysis on the inflationary rate in the country should be critically looked into and proper adjustment be made on the pension of these people. the government should even make theirs higher than others.

1 Like

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Blackdisciple(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:
What a country!!! Even our grand parents who sacrificed their youthful years to serve the country are now feeling the heat.

That side should something that anyone shouldn't temper with it even the president himself..
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Blackdisciple(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
royalamour:
Welcomed development.

They forced my mum who as of that time had only 12 years to retire to join a PFA.

We queried the circular. I mean how much can she save as an inspector of prisons on 57,000 NGN/$49 per month.

But we had no choice. She didn't save much.
She retired 11 years later.

Her pension is nothing to write home about.
19,000 NGN per month. I mean... It's like getting nothing.

Light, water and health bills swallows everything.
Feeding is out of it.

For 35 years she served Nigeria, in the end, Nigeria failed her.

We have tried to move her back to the old pension scheme which Buhari is enjoying, but to no avail.

They said Obasanjo introduced the PFA scheme. It is all scam.

Hmmm..
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by nedu666: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
All those soldiers and police you see shooting people up and down are collecting 17,000 monthly. For all there red eyes, there Ogas place dem mofos on 17k.
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Blackdisciple(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
These men no get respect oo and everyday they expect the youths to respect them.

Papa Pension shouldn't be something one can just wake up in the morning and decide rubbish on it even the president himself rather it's should be something like giving them bonuses when it comes to some certain holidays like 1st October, Workers day, Xmas and Ramadan or Sallah. These should be the adjustments.

1 Like

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by supereagle(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Buhari - on the printing press!

[img]https://media1./images/50d089a0f9900949b83152346f77ee00/tenor.gif?itemid=21204532[/img]
Another definition for APC.
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Rajiolaade: 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2021
bigcee:

Really? I know of someone earning over 50k pension per month.
those must be among the bpe disengaged federal pensioners i.e the defined benefits scheme of likely year 2006 & 2007 .the earlier pensioners unharmonized till date earn peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Smile4mee01: 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
Lesson learnt.

Stop putting your financial future in the hands of Govt, try and make wise investment decisions while you are young.

I want to appeal to the men in particular. You see many women pensioners are often pitied and helped by thier children, church, community etc. People hardly send us Men oo. So please wise up.

An old man who wakes up early to go to work was most likely sleeping when he was young.... African proverb

1 Like

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by jaxxy(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
royalamour:
Welcomed development.

They forced my mum who as of that time had only 12 years to retire to join a PFA.

We queried the circular. I mean how much can she save as an inspector of prisons on 57,000 NGN/$49 per month.

Feeding is out of it.

We have tried to move her back to the old pension scheme which Buhari is enjoying, but to no avail.

Did she get her gratuity payment after retirement? Cos a pension scheme that stared in 2007 can’t possibly cover all her years of service.

2 Likes

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by lexy2014: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
Map1:
Am really sorry to say this but I must confess your mother failed her self,do you knows that those Pepe sellers your mother go dey look one kind dey make more than 100k per month and in old age they don't line up in the sun waiting for nothing at d end of the month,as you are now if I asked if you will like to be self-employed or working for government you will still prefer working for government, better wake up

Where d pepper sellers u are referring to also prison superintendents working for d federal government?

He shared his mother's experience. What exactly do u no about his mother for u to say that his mother failed herself? What gave u that right?

Did he mention anything about whether he is asleep or awake or his preferred future ambition?

3 Likes

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by poiZon: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
royalamour:
Welcomed development.

Feeding is out of it.

That contributory pension scheme baba introduced is the worst thing ever.
Thank God my mum wasnt affected.. Though initially she was drafted to one of the pencom managers, but she worked out her way back to the normal pension scheme.
Though d money isnt much just 33k, it keeps her going.
One of her colleagues then in service just collected her last pay 2months ago from the pencom manager...
Meanwhile she still have life to live...

1 Like

Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by poiZon: 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Bouz:
Abeg which association in nigeria, hasn't gone on strike under this buhari administratiin. Dr Ngige would be regretting by now, who send am message. grin grin

Shame ni dey catch shameless man.
The man no get their time
E fit even threaten them with no backoff no more payment.
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Pauljj: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Cheeryfeet: 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
Map1:
Am really sorry to say this but I must confess your mother failed her self,do you knows that those Pepe sellers your mother go dey look one kind dey make more than 100k per month and in old age they don't line up in the sun waiting for nothing at d end of the month,as you are now if I asked if you will like to be self-employed or working for government you will still prefer working for government, better wake up
Oga this is very biased. In as much as it will make sense running your own business, everybody will not be a pepper seller. The government failed her, period.
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Map1(m): 4:14am On Apr 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Where d pepper sellers u are referring to also prison superintendents working for d federal government?

He shared his mother's experience. What exactly do u no about his mother for u to say that his mother failed herself? What gave u that right?

Did he mention anything about whether he is asleep or awake or his preferred future ambition?
I know nothing about her mother, not until he came on Nairaland to share his mother experience, there is a lot to pick from your mentioned but to avoid wahala I rest my case.sorry sir
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:38am On Apr 22, 2021
This is the future of current civil servants supporting one Nigeria, but they are too stupidd to see it
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by royalamour(m): 5:31am On Apr 22, 2021
jaxxy:

Did she get her gratuity payment after retirement? Cos a pension scheme that stared in 2007 can’t possibly cover all her years of service.

She got a gratuity of 2M after 35 years of going to work night and day.
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by jaxxy(m): 5:56am On Apr 22, 2021
royalamour:

She got a gratuity of 2M after 35 years of going to work night and day.

Yes that’s about the average government amount depending on ur duty/position. Bt then u still get pensions for life even from the old act(now new pensions act)so it’s not a one off payment like companies bt now company staffs get pay off and pensions because of the new pensions act.
Re: Pensioners To Embark On Nationwide Protest Over Consequential Adjustment by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pension is a scam, you save money for over 30yrs then get only 30%.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Black African Gene / Yakowa & Wife Were Looking Forward To 34 Years Anniversary / Predict GEJ/PDP Slogan In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.