Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,778 members, 7,965,923 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 04:10 AM

Frank Mba: How Police Tracked Arms Syndicate To Burkina Faso And Recovered Ammun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank Mba: How Police Tracked Arms Syndicate To Burkina Faso And Recovered Ammun (298 Views)

Egbetokun Decorates Frank Mba, Bala Ciroma As Police DIGs / Frank Mba Appointed As New Lagos Police Commissioner, Owohunwa For Ogun / Police PRO, CP Frank Mba Proceeds To NIPSS, Hands Over To Deputy, CSP Olumuyiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frank Mba: How Police Tracked Arms Syndicate To Burkina Faso And Recovered Ammun by Ecstasy154(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
Frank Mba, spokesperson of the police, has revealed how security agencies tracked a criminal syndicate from Nigeria to Burkina Faso and recovered thousands of AK-47 ammunition.

Mba, while speaking on Thursday when he featured as a guest on ‘Good Morning Nigeria’, a programme on the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), said the police worked with other international agencies to apprehend the criminal syndicate.

According to him, the stretch of Nigeria’s borders are hotspots and offers easy passage for arms dealers.

But he said the police are working towards dismantling such criminal operations.

“We’ve identified the hotspots for arms trafficking in Nigeria, and the hotspots are majorly the border areas. Today, these border areas are receiving a lot of attention from our men,” he said.

“We’ve also come to understand very clearly the international dimensions of arms trafficking, and that’s why we are focusing on identifying, investigating and dismantling international arms smuggling syndicates.

“We have done that successfully from 2019 till now; in fact, for one of the syndicates, we tracked all the way from Saki in Oyo state through to Benin Republic, followed their route up to Burkina Faso, and picked up every single person involved.

“We worked with INTERPOL, we worked with WAPOL, and from that particular syndicate, we recovered up to 6,000 rounds of AK-47 ammunition.”

Mba added that the force is also working towards apprehending persons involved in the manufacturing and export of small arms from Nigeria to neighbouring countries.

https://www.thecable.ng/frank-mba-how-police-tracked-arms-syndicate-from-oyo-to-burkina-faso-recovered-6000-ak-47-ammunition
Re: Frank Mba: How Police Tracked Arms Syndicate To Burkina Faso And Recovered Ammun by alizma: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Isa pantami, I do not hate you as a person but I hate what you stand for in the past, how it affect our present and threatening our future. If I believe you could have changed from being a supporter of terrorist between a space of 7years, then what assurance do I have that you won't return to the same people in the next 7years? Unfortunately if that turned out to be the case in the next 7years or thereabouts, then you will be returning to them with all my information(BVN, NIN, SIM number etc) at your disposal. It is on this unfortunate ground and in the interest of the country and the people you now claim to love that I hope you will understand the need to show this sincere love of yours by honorably resign and save Nigerians of any further chaos.
This has nothing to do with religious, party or tribal affiliations but about the interest of the entire country which supercede any individual's or group interest.

1 Like

Re: Frank Mba: How Police Tracked Arms Syndicate To Burkina Faso And Recovered Ammun by Nigeriabiafra82: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
grin
They are still tracking arm in the east
While Bokoharam and isis are busy buying arm and transporting from Libya to north

if biafra emerge,ak47 is the worst weapon our border control will use
Ak79
Ak104
Hahahahhahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Statement On Campaign Against Min. Of Comms & Digital Economy / Osinbajo Heads To Freetown For Sierra Leone’s 60th Independence / Cost Of Rice Now Equals Minimum Wage - Atiku Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.