Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,631 members, 7,951,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:33 PM

Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? (529 Views)

On Sell Dell Inspiron 1501 Is Equipped With An AMD Turion 64 X2 CPU. / 2021 Hp Envy X360 Convertible 15 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Quad-core Processors / Hp Envy X360 Amd Ryzen 5 2500u convertible 8gb Ram/128gbssd @ 150k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? by DavidsonCo: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hi everyone, .. I'm planning on getting a laptop with an AMD ryzen 4500u... But I've also been hearing criticism about AMD and their thermal issues... And I am also aware of their amazing performance.... Now I don't know if its worth it.... Should I still get the laptop especially here in Nigeria.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? by zickko10(m): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
DavidsonCo:
Hi everyone, .. I'm planning on getting a laptop with an AMD ryzen 4500u... But I've also been hearing criticism about AMD and their thermal issues... And I am also aware of their amazing performance.... Now I don't know if its worth it.... Should I still get the laptop especially here in Nigeria.
Thanks in advance.

For my own advice to you
Go for Amd ryzen because it is latest processor of AMD with great performance and too they have adjust from the problem of thermal issue people do recommend of it than nvidia because of price

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? by DavidsonCo: 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thanks for the reply boss...
I know they fixed the problem... Though not perfect..
But I'm also worried because we usually have hot weather here in Nigeria...
Should that bother me??
Re: Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? by zickko10(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
DavidsonCo:
Thanks for the reply boss...
I know they fixed the problem... Though not perfect..
But I'm also worried because we usually have hot weather here in Nigeria...
Should that bother me??

Don't worry about anything bro
Even people do go for AMD A series(A4.A6.A8.A10.A12) talking more of the ryzen
Thermal issue are just their pass mistake they did and they have resolve it in their recent processor
Re: Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? by DavidsonCo: 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
Really needed that peace-of-mind-info...
Thanks boss
Re: Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? by Ernest4321(m): 12:23am On Apr 25, 2021
DavidsonCo:
lol though not perfect... Are u kidding me??... Go and ask Intel about their latest cpu and their thermals.... AMD IS A BEAST!!! Alienware one of the top gaming laptops as we know are now implementing AMD cpu... The efficiency of the AMD Ryzen cpu has also made battery consumption on laptops far superior than that of Intel... Intel really needs a game changer to get back to the top.
Re: Should I Get An AMD Ryzen Chip? by DavidsonCo: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lol... Exactly... Intel have been competing in terms of price not performance... Just look at this

They ain't even in the top 20... grin

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Gaming Laptop For Sale / Hp Eliteboook 8560p(8/500gb | Intel Corei5| 2.8gb Graphics Memory) / Hp Zbook 15-g5 • 8th Gen • 16gb Ram • 4gb Nvidia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.