Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,439 members, 7,881,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:39 AM

In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 (2657 Views)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by SweetCunt97(f): 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
daylay7:
I was wondering why we were raised to be a provider in a marriage. Responsibility should be shared 50/50 but here in this part of the world, it is the man that must provide everything. I was speaking with a woman the other day and she told me out-rightly that it is the responsibility of the man to pay all the bills. I feel if I'm paying the house rent, my woman should be able to pay the children school fees. But No, it is the man's responsibility here. I don't think it is like that in Europe.
So, why can't we imbibe the European culture? It was on the app that a woman built two houses from her earned money without her husband knowing and yet, he pays all the bills including the womans' need and many more.
Why can't we share the bills in a union/marriage? Is it fair enough for the man to carry all these burdens?
Go and check the history of the Europeans. Do u know there was a time their women was raised to simply marry and care for children? They couldn't even have their own money. But then, change is constant. In every culture, d man is d breadwinner. Nothing will change that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Go and check the history of the Europeans. Do u know there was a time their women was raised to simply marry and care for children? They couldn't even have their own money. But then, change is constant. In every culture, d man is d breadwinner. Nothing will change that.
I will do more research on this and come back to this page.
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2021
NoToPile:

Loool grin @ bolded

But then there are men who spend most ( if not all) the money and still do house work. cool

This OP only wants to share bills, he doesn't want to share chores,it does make sense if he wants his financial burden relieved he should also relieve his lady's domestic burden that should balance out the European system he is quoting.

Like I said, whatever responsibility means to you in a marriage. It should be shared equally. I hope you understand what i am saying now.
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin
crackhaus:

Their reward is in heaven... grin

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by SweetCunt97(f): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
daylay7:

Great. U can watch or read historic novels to get an idea though. Was early feminists that brought d change and freedom the womenfolk enjoy their today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Baybiibee: 7:53am On May 17, 2021
daylay7:

Still waiting for the research you made... Abi you've not gotten more information yet...

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 3:21am On May 18, 2021
Baybiibee:

Still waiting for the research you made... Abi you've not gotten more information yet...

Actually, I had to let it slide because of the project at hand. I will still do it at a latter time but I will quite appreciate it if you have some links. It will go along way.
Thanks for reaching out.
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Fiscus105(m): 5:42am On May 18, 2021
daylay7:
I was wondering why we were raised to be a provider in a marriage. Responsibility should be shared 50/50 but here in this part of the world, it is the man that must provide everything. I was speaking with a woman the other day and she told me out-rightly that it is the responsibility of the man to pay all the bills. I feel if I'm paying the house rent, my woman should be able to pay the children school fees. But No, it is the man's responsibility here. I don't think it is like that in Europe.
So, why can't we imbibe the European culture? It was on the app that a woman built two houses from her earned money without her husband knowing and yet, he pays all the bills including the womans' need and many more.
Why can't we share the bills in a union/marriage? Is it fair enough for the man to carry all these burdens?

for you to sit down and be controlling grown up adult like you, I think it must come with a price sir, not only in marriage in every human endeavors.

for you to completely remove someone patriarch name and put ur own there for life, there must be pain you too must go through.

for someone to go through pains of labour severally and in which the products of such pains will bear your name for life, I think you must take some responsibilities bigger than ur partner.

you guy should endeavors to balance ur opinions before you release stupidity to the public forum. what you uttered can be used to conclude the type of person you are.

meanwhile let's go to European nations you ignorantly mentioned. Oga who told you men are not taking huge responsibilities far more than wife?

haven't you heard of man who was ejected from his own house for woman and children to leave comfortably even after divorce?

Go and study (not just read o) the meaning of alimony.

6 Likes

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Baybiibee: 7:30am On May 18, 2021
daylay7:

Actually, I had to let it slide because of the project at hand. I will still do it at a latter time but I will quite appreciate it if you have some links. It will go along way.
Thanks for reaching out.

This one is all on you brother... For you to want to imbibe a foreign culture, you must make research, study and maybe likely u will understand it better...
Maybe with your personal research, you'll understand the true gravity of a man and his responsibilities to his home and society instead of making people think you are a lazy, incompetent and irresponsible man who wants shortcuts in his life...
Abi no be you go carry woman tell her family say u fit take care of her, your pikin and yoursef.... Now u want her to split bills with you and tomorrow beat your chest to your family and friends that you do everything at home... Pls don't be unfortunate...
That is why they tell men to get their priorities and beliefs straight before marriage but you lots never listen... A woman is a helper and can support you as she deems fit... Well maybe she's the one that married you.. What do I know...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2021
Baybiibee:

This one is all on you brother... For you to want to imbibe a foreign culture, you must make research, study and maybe likely u will understand it better...
Maybe with your personal research, you'll understand the true gravity of a man and his responsibilities to his home and society instead of making people think you are a lazy, incompetent and irresponsible man who wants shortcuts in his life...
Abi no be you go carry woman tell her family say u fit take care of her, your pikin and yoursef.... Now u want her to split bills with you and tomorrow beat your chest to your family and friends that you do everything at home... Pls don't be unfortunate...
That is why they tell men to get their priorities and beliefs straight before marriage but you lots never listen... A woman is a helper and can support you as she deems fit... Well maybe she's the one that married you.. What do I know...
You missed the point completely if you are talking based on this ideology. From what you wrote above, ... don't be unfortunate... Can't you guys be objective for once instead of using derogatory sentence or cussing people out? You have made your point know. Speaking like that is life given someone a blow below the belt.
ANyway, thanks for your contribution on this matter.
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 3:37pm On May 18, 2021
Fiscus105:

for you to sit down and be controlling grown up adult like you, I think it must come with a price sir, not only in marriage in every human endeavors.

for you to completely remove someone patriarch name and put ur own there for life, there must be pain you too must go through.

for some to go through pains of labour severally and in which the products of such pains will bear your name for life, I think you must take some responsibilities bigger than ur partner.

you guy should endeavors to balance ur opinions before you release stupidity to the public forum. what you uttered can be used to conclude the type of person you are.

meanwhile in European nations, who told you men are not taking huge responsibilities far more than wife?

haven't you heard of man who was ejected from his own house for woman and children to leave comfortably even after divorce?

Go and study (not just read o) the meaning of alimony.

Sincerely, I don't know who made you like this. I won't say any thing to you but to leave you to your folly if you thing forcing someone out of his house is regarded as sacrifice. I come in peace.

I don't know why some people can not be objective for once in their lifetime.
Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:42pm On May 18, 2021
daylay7:

Sincerely, I don't know who made you like this. I won't say any thing to you but to leave you to your folly if you thing forcing someone out of his house is regarded as sacrifice. I come in peace.

Mtcheew!
If you read in between the lines you'd know that the comments was made from one of the honorable knight in shining armour. They don't need objectivity, they need to wallow in the sea of Eves validation..

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 3:44pm On May 18, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:

If you read in between the lines you'd know that the comments was made from one of the honorable knight in shining armour. They don't need objectivity, they need to wallow in the sea of Eves validation..

hhmmmm. wallow in the sea of Eves validation. grin grin grin grin grin thats new for me.

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:01pm On May 18, 2021
daylay7:

hhmmmm. wallow in the sea of Eves validation. grin grin grin grin grin thats new for me.
grin grin grin

No worry, I go dey express myself in simple lingua....

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 4:10pm On May 18, 2021
Na wah for u grin grin grin grin grin grin
NamelessOGBENI:

grin grin grin

No worry, I go dey express myself in simple lingua....

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Fiscus105(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2021
daylay7:

Mtcheew!

understand ur predicament oga, naija economy has re-changed ur destiny and making you to reason awkwardly.

anyway I sympathize with whoever will sacrifice to be your wife.

...... popular nairaland slogan, marriage is not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 6:21pm On May 18, 2021
Rest I beg. E don do.
Fiscus105:

understand ur predicament oga, naija economy has re-changed ur destiny and making you to reason awkwardly.

anyway I sympathize with whoever will sacrifice to be your wife.

...... popular nairaland slogan, marriage is not for everybody.
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Baybiibee: 7:12pm On May 18, 2021
daylay7:

You missed the point completely if you are talking based on this ideology. From what you wrote above, ... don't be unfortunate... Can't you guys be objective for once instead of using derogatory sentence or cussing people out? You have made your point know. Speaking like that is life given someone a blow below the belt.
ANyway, thanks for your contribution on this matter.

I missed the point? For reals grin... Did u discuss with your wife what her expected responsibilities will be in marriage when you were courting/dating... Ordinarily, the society has given each gender a role to play and you clearly don't know yours... You were never enlightened and prepared to be married even with series of topics being pushed to the front-page about marital problems on a daily...

The worst part of everything is that your European culture, that you clearly dont know about, suits you when you want it to favour you... When a woman starts being a Feminist, or fighting for equality all rounder, you will still complain that a woman you "married" with your money is trying to emasculate you in "your" own house. "Me An African man"...

Lest I forget, you are debt ridden and still thinking and talking with an Ex that rejected you and you tell me you don't want to be unfortunate... Oga Rest and think abeg..

So you want to spew trash here and don't want my brutal opinion, then u shouldn't have made it public... Below the belt kwa, You are not ready for anything... You want me to pet you abi so u will think your stupid ideology is ideal right... You have a problem in the house, you discuss with your wife if she can help out with the fees not you trying to make a stand on a stupid ideology in Lagos, Nigeria (AFRICA).
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 10:10pm On May 18, 2021
Now I see how senseless you are! Talking to you is a waste of time.
Thank you for your contributions once again
Baybiibee:

I missed the point? For reals grin... Did u discuss with your wife what her expected responsibilities will be in marriage when you were courting/dating... Ordinarily, the society has given each gender a role to play and you clearly don't know yours... You were never enlightened and prepared to be married even with series of topics being pushed to the front-page about marital problems on a daily...

The worst part of everything is that your European culture, that you clearly dont know about, suits you when you want it to favour you... When a woman starts being a Feminist, or fighting for equality all rounder, you will still complain that a woman you "married" with your money is trying to emasculate you in "your" own house. "Me An African man"...

Lest I forget, you are debt ridden and still thinking and talking with an Ex that rejected you and you tell me you don't want to be unfortunate... Oga Rest and think abeg..

So you want to spew trash here and don't want my brutal opinion, then u shouldn't have made it public... Below the belt kwa, You are not ready for anything... You want me to pet you abi so u will think your stupid ideology is ideal right... You have a problem in the house, you discuss with your wife if she can help out with the fees not you trying to make a stand on a stupid ideology in Lagos, Nigeria (AFRICA).
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Baybiibee: 10:55pm On May 18, 2021
daylay7:
Now I see how senseless you are! Talking to you is a waste of time.
Thank you for your contributions once again

grin grin grin... Pele o Mr. Objective... The truth is bitter abi... Confused being...

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 11:00pm On May 18, 2021
Baybiibee:

grin grin grin... Pele o Mr. Objective... The truth is bitter abi... Confused being...
That means we were both confused. Alawada grin grin grin grin
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Baybiibee: 2:03am On May 19, 2021
daylay7:

Why are you still talking... I tot talking to me was a waste of time cry... You just can't help yourself abi grin... Still confused with your write-up as usual shocked

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Baybiibee: 2:08am On May 19, 2021
[quote author=daylay7 post=101831926]

Why are you still talking... I tot talking to me was a waste of time cry... You just can't help yourself abi grin... Still confused with your write-up as usual shocked

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 5:16am On May 19, 2021
[quote author=Baybiibee post=101834278][/quote]

Can't you see I just love talking to you. Like minds attract each other. cool
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 19, 2021
No it should be 80/20 that's husband/wife

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Jman06(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2021
Men should pay all the bills in their homes but we should stop sending our girl children to schools except if they'll be studying only home economics and management.

Women should happily embrace their positions in the kitchen as cooks, home keepers and mothers. Enough of all the agitations for women empowerment and gender equality!

I believe everybody will be fine if we put the above suggestions into effect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Fiscus105(m): 1:21pm On May 20, 2021
daylay7:

Mtcheew!

Nigeria woman called police to evict her husband from house in UK. it's in front page already, go there and read it, perhaps, ur allusion on marriage responsibilities in advanced country will soon clear

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 8:38pm On May 20, 2021
Fiscus105:

Nigeria woman called police to evict her husband from house in UK. it's in front page already, go there and read it, perhaps, ur allusion on marriage responsibilities in advanced country will soon clear

ok. The question is, can u regard forcing somebody out of his house a sacrifice? Don't change the subject matter. The type of acknowledgment given to women in UK cannot be compared to ours. That brings me to the bone of contention, can you regard forcing a man out of his house a sacrifice?
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Ebonygeek(f): 9:42am On May 21, 2021
daylay7:

I hope you know it's not only financial responsibilities that exist in a marriage. Hope you're also willing to share domestic duties and babysitting 50/50 too? As well as preparing meals

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by daylay7(m): 10:57pm On May 21, 2021
Ebonygeek:

I hope you know it's not only financial responsibilities that exist in a marriage. Hope you're also willing to share domestic duties and babysitting 50/50 too? As well as preparing meals

That is not a big deal
Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Pacesetter2021: 5:47am On May 22, 2021
Which part of the Bible said so? Please man up.

1 Like

Re: In A Marriage, Responsibilities Should Be 50/50 by Pacesetter2021: 5:49am On May 22, 2021
A woman should not be compelled to bring 50% of rent, utilities, etc. If that's the case why did the man go and marry her only to hand her more responsibilities? The woman is the help and shld contribute as help not obligation. Like I said, MAN UP!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adult's Only Please / Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? / Why Do Men Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.