Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,022 members, 7,931,517 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:38 AM

I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect (1569 Views)

"My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested / Vikings Cult Members Arrested In Enugu By Security Operatives (Photo) / I Make, Sell Guns For N30,000 – Blacksmith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by aloyemeka2: 1:59am On Apr 22, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011[size=14pt]
I am not an armed robber; I only kept guns for cult members -Suspect
[/size]

Eniola Akinkuotu

Men of the Lagos State Police Command on Monday paraded three robbery suspects arrested in Araro in Ikorodu area of the state. The suspects are Amusan Olawale; 25, Olamide Oladayo; 27, and Ogunnowo Babatunde, 32.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/20/punch/images/pix201104203265920[1].jpg[/img]
L-R: Ogunnowo Babatunde, Olamide Oladayo, and Amusan Olawale

advertisement

Although the police recovered a locally-made single-barrel gun, three live cartridges, charms and two wallets from the suspects, they claimed that they were plumbers and not armed robbers.

But one of the suspects, Olawale, who claimed to be a graduate of Economics from Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, admitted that when he was a student, he used to keep arms and ammunition for cult members.

When asked how he came in possession of the gun, he said, "When I was an undergraduate at Tai Solarin, Aye cult members used to keep their arms and ammunition with me. I'm not an armed robber; I only kept guns for the cult members.

"The police did not recover any money or valuables from us. If indeed I stole, where are the valuables? Or if indeed I was an armed robber, would I have handed the gun over to the residents?"

Olawale, who is married and has two children, said he was being framed up because he was arrested in the territory of a rival gang.

Olawale said he received a distress call from his friend, Oladayo, who was being attacked by some touts in Araro, adding that he took the gun and went to the scene of the clash with his friend, Ogunnowo.

Asked how he sustained gunshot injury, the suspect said he was shot in the leg by the police after they were arrested.

However, the command's Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Samuel Jinadu, insisted that preliminary investigation showed that the men were robbery suspects.

He said, "At about 4pm on Sunday, there was a distress call to the police that three armed robbers at Araro in Ikorodu were operating. The men allegedly robbed a house when all the occupants had gone out. Unfortunately for them, one of the occupants of the house arrived and raised the alarm.

"Residents of the area were able to comb the area and apprehend them. The police recovered from them a locally-made single barrel gun, three live cartridges, charms and two wallets."

The Baale of Araro however, alleged that the three men were armed robbery suspects, having stolen N400,000 from a resident some weeks ago.

Olawale's wife, who spoke to PUNCH METRO, on Tuesday, said her husband was innocent and that members of their community in Ogun State could vouch for him.

She however complained that the bullet wound that her husband sustained was not being treated and it could fester.

The three men have since been taken to Special Anti-Robbery Squad for further investigations.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/20/817.html
Re: I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by francisj(m): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2011
bird of the same feather flux together
Re: I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by aloyemeka1: 1:24am On Apr 25, 2011
francisj:

bird of the same feather[b] flux[/b] together
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by francisj(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2011
@ alloy/emeka
english guru, i hope say na ur papa own english langua,
nonsense,
go correct the world dictionary for wikkimedia.com
Re: I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by Phate07(m): 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2011

Next excuse is that it is the devil's work.
Re: I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by anointedf(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
Pele, you just dey help them keep am. We all know say na devil push you do am. I beg Police drill the guy well well, he go talk true.
Re: I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by omamokta: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2011
Being a cultist is a lesser crime than being an armed robber, good reasoning from a sharp mind.
Re: I Am Not An Armed Robber; I Only Kept Guns For Cult Members -suspect by BabyCakes(f): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2011
francisj:

bird of the same feather flux together

aloy/emeka:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin  roflmao

(1) (Reply)

Man Plucks Out Wife’s Eye Ball For Ritual / 2 Of 4 Uniport Students Killed By ALUU's Were Upcoming Rap Act / Photo: The Hotel In Onitsha Where 2 Human Heads Were Allegedly Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.