Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,373 members, 7,940,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri (11041 Views)

The Murder Of The Fulani: #yugoslavia Unfolding. (by Ffk) / Hon. Obinna Onwubuariri, The YOUNGEST LAWMAKER Tours His Constituency! / PDP Offers N200B For Tinubu To Accept Interim VP Slot. - Obinna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by mamagee3(f): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
May Obinna's soul rest in perfect peace!!!

And I hate the NYSC,it's a waste of time.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by hedwiges: 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
It's such a shame that these senseless killings in the north have continued for years without any serious attempt by the govt to stop it. How long will be too long? How much will be too much? This issue is very delicate and in as much as I am saddened and brought to tears by these killings, I do not think we Southerners should react with vengeance towards the entire North or generalize and call every Northerner a murderer. It should not also be used as a means to discredit everyone that supported the CPC, afterall the CPC is not made up of only Northerners. However, it calls for collective action from us all, especially our leaders to forestall further reoccurrence of such violence. With this in mind, I support the following:
-Scrapping of the NYSC or effecting certain changes to it to protect our corpers such as allowing only Northerners to serve in the North and Southerners to serve in the South; or allowing only Northerners to serve in those states where sectarian or political violence has ever occured (almost all of the Northern states) whilst still allowing corpers from the North to serve in the South; or making the choice to serve in the entire North (or those volatile states) voluntary,and not imposed on any corper.
-Making state gorvernors, house of assembly reps, local government heads, community traditional heads, state commissioners of police, etc accountable for corpers serving in any locality and this can be implemented by making all aforementioned sign letters of undertaking guaranteeing the safety of corpers.
-Furthermore, corpers should no longer be used as INEC adhoc staff, especially in the North. This exposes them to violence from villified sections of the communities in which they serve.
-A memorandum should be conducted with a view to assessing the possibility of Northern Nigeria splitting from Southern Nigeria, with all critical issues considered. This is what is usually done in Western countries. We cannot continue to pretend we are one unified country; obviously we are not, as evidenced by all the North-South hate that the generality of our citizenry engage in when critical issues arise in our national experience (in elections, sports, education, etc).
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by darqly(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
I guess it goes without saying, but even the bible says there is a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing. The average northern nigerian muslim is a godless murderer and this has been proven time and again. No muslim, no matter how HOLY, will condemn his ummah for killing a so-called infidel or christian.The FGN has shown it's willing to sacrifice the rest of Nigeria whenever these heathen get their bloodletting urges, case in point is Jos. Why corpers? Nobody harms a stranger that comes to you for help- it's so unholy and totally inexcusable.God alone can give these families solace, and we will do well to pray for strength for them. I fear GEJ is too weak as a leader, the next few days will be a foreward to what we can expect for the next 4yrs. If you're a non-muslim anywhere in the north, basic weapons training is a neccesity; every other mallam you pass on the street has shed innocent blood.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Ivynwa(f): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
In a week or two we will be done with this expression of our sorrow, this will be all forgotten and we will all move on with our lives.
Some other day soon we will all awake to lament again over someone's brother/sister/parents/chiildren that some Nigerians will kill because they hate the tribe or religion he/she is from.

When are we going to realize that we are a joke of a country that are staying together against the volitions of some, they should hurry up and divide that country and let the hausas be on their own if they can't tolerate others. This is why I have no iota of interest in the politics of Nigeria because it's all a joke.

The best thing that can happen to this country of ours is division, we are even too many for our own good population wise. Resources can get to people and government can reach its subjects when we are divided into 3 or 4 countries and we won't have to wake up and lament over people killed by the hausas anymore as they will be too busy loving themselves in their own country all by themselves. What primitiveness is this bikonu??
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by hedwiges: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Ivynwa, good point. Nigeria`s population of about 150million is so high to fear division, for a start dividing into 2 is expedient at this point. This is because the Muslims are so intolerant. I wonder how we have managed to exist as one sovereign state of almost equal muslim and christian populations. Most countries have either have a muslim majority or a christian majority. For me, I think a measure of peace comes when muslims are either the overwhelming minority in a nation or the overwhelming majority (where they can do as they like).
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by ndu1988: 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
An average Northern man is pugnacious, barbaric,uncivilized and stupid.It's high we scraped NYSC or revisit the constitution;where the northerners will only serve in north and southerners serve in south-south,south East and South West.May the killers of such promising young man Obinna and others sleep never to wake up and its perpetrators.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by namfav(m): 9:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
ndu1988:

An average Northern man is pugnacious, barbaric,uncivilized and silly.It's high we scraped NYSC or revisit the constitution;where the northerners will only serve in north and southerners serve in south-south,south East and South West.May the killers of such promising young man Obinna and others sleep never to wake up and its perpetrators.

it's people like you who try to benefit from other people's death's to spread your anti-northern sentiment angry
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by onstelly(f): 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
OMG not again obi may ur gentle soul rest in peace. I jus hope that the people that did this wil rot in hell.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by hedwiges: 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
Onstelly, on a lighter note, what happened to your signature - the best form of revenge is forgiveness, lol.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by ndu1988: 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
I think sharing this country would be most expedient because the Igbos have had enough of all this deliberately obnoxious pogrom that is happening in the northern part of this corporate existence called Naija as a result of last week's presidential election where Gej won with a landslide. Americans have already said that Nigerian would no longer stay as as a country and such callous and inhumane acts further justifies such prediction. War is imminent in this country. It's high time we stopped deceiving ourselves as one Nigeria;we are not one and we can never be

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF ALL THIS FOOLS CALLED HAUSA'S
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by ndu1988: 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2011
@NAMFAV
am not surprise at your stupid comments because am sure you are one of those callous and uncivilized northern chauvinist inciting violence every where in this country. YOU ARE IDIOT AND A BASTARD.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Ivynwa(f): 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Hedwidges
My Brother I don't understand how a country that gives me no iota of care. No healthcare for the common man, Poor people die in their homes when sicknesses are tired of ravaging their bodies, no free education for the children. You sweat, hustle and struggle for everything and because some people are struggling to sit on the throne of power, some bad hearted ones that may not even benefit a dime from the govt in question will kill your brother or sister in the midst of the hardship you are already undergoing.

Some poor ones among us in this our Africa do not even have mercy on themselves, some people are struggling to better their lives and be enthroned into presidential posts and instead of bettering your own lives you carry weapons and go on the street to riot, can't they all see that these people they are rioting for are chilling in the comfort of their homes and being happy and the poor ones out there are getting killed??

ndu1988:

I think sharing this country would be most expedient because the Igbos have had enough of all this deliberately obnoxious pogrom that is happening in the northern part of this corporate existence called Naija as a result of last week's presidential election where Gej won with a landslide. Americans have already said that Nigerian would no longer stay as as a country and such callous and inhumane acts further justifies such prediction. War is imminent in this country. It's high time we stopped deceiving ourselves as one Nigeria;we are not one and we can never be

[b]We don't have to wait for things to degenerate to a point where millions of corpses are strewn all over the street and a war is going on (what am I saying when the war is already trickling in spurts and some of us do not realize that, you can imagine how life will be when a population of 150million is experiencing a full blown war) and the international organisations are running to our front doors with aids and peace talk before negotiating to divide the country. The elders of this nation should read the handwriting on the wall and let us peacefully divide this country now. Is it only through oil that nations survive for the hausas not to want anybody to secede while at the same time they are killing us all? Countries with no oil reserves still survive on other resources and when divided other potentials/resources we all have will be realized for sure.

What was it that made the southerners want to secede before, was it this kind of treatment? Ehen, if they refused for us to secede then should we tie our selves to them forever and watch our brothers and children getting killed? Even in marriage, there is a point that a spouse that is holding on (even when there is nothing to hold on to) will get to and will be forced to run for his or her life.

People let us run for our lives before we all get killed out of sheer hatred, we don't want another Rwandan on our hand. I don't want them to kill any of my sweet brothers for me - o just to prove that they run this country. Are we enslaved to the hausas in this country?? Are they s-t-u-p-i-d??[/b] embarassed angry
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
you know what? we will not see the cpc fans here, no we will not see them, they are in other threads mouthing off. the blood of this man lies on all their heads.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by biodun70(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
I've actually started a FB group to help get justice for Obinna and his mates. The group's name is: justice for Ukeoma Ikechukwu, Obinna Okpokiri et al

Link-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179579825426318. Please join and spread the word!

The man died who keeps silent in the face of tyranny-Wole Soyinka
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by manugbo(m): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
LET WHICH PEACE TO REIGN?

WHY DIDNT THEY KILL THEIR OWN COPERS?

IT IS EITHER WE LIVE IN PEACE OR IN PIECES

ALL THOSE EMIRS SULTANS, SHOULD SPEAK TO THOSE ANIMAL ILLITRATES IN THE LANGUAGE THEY WILL UNDERSTAND, THAT KILLING INNOCENT SOULS WILL NOT CHANGE THEIR SITUATION OF BEING BEGGARS FOREVER
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by manugbo(m): 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2011
may god punish the killers of these youths forever amen
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by phreakabit(m): 12:14am On Apr 23, 2011
Rest in eternal peace. Wish you had refused going up there!
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by luluosas(m): 12:26am On Apr 23, 2011
Obinna, may your soul and those of your killed colleagues rest in perfect peace. Amen. And may God cause the roots of violence to die in Nigeria. Amen. Lest we forget. Corpers are always at the receiving end in every volatile situations in Nigeria, whether North or South. Jos crisis, Suleja bombings and post elections violence in the North, have sent a lot of corps members to their early graves. I think we should hold the Government responsible for the loss of lives in this post elections violence in the North. My reason is this! There were flash points that Inec identified as prone to violence before the elections. What did the Government do to arrest it? Nothing. The Government was also warned about post elections violence in some parts of the North before the elections. Again, they paid deaf ear to the warnings. Afterall, their children were not located in those areas. They were only concerned on how to win the elections, either by crook or by hook. They went on bribing all the bribe-able, without considering the after effects of their devilish deeds. The President that swore to protect the citizens of Nigeria, what action did he take to arrest the situations? None. Instead, in the midst of the heat of the violence, when people were being slaughtered like goats in the North, Jonathan fired Iheanacho, Minister of Interior, for anti party activities, to appease Ohakim, Imo State Governor. How many more souls will die, before Jonathan begin to perform his constitutional obligations? Ndigbo, sorry for your loss, but, before you blame Buhari for this dastardly act, check if those that sworn to protect us are doing just that right now. Otherwise, what do we say about the unresolved issues of political violence, arson, bombings, mend, kidnappings, armed robbery, boko haran, 419 etc? My conclusion is this: This Government is insensitive to the plights of Nigerians. God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by dvd(f): 12:33am On Apr 23, 2011
Corps Members serving in the North, Pls support this cause and spread this message in this link, Let's unite together and sAY NO to conducting gov elections PLS, YOUR SAFETY FIRST,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652668.0.html#msg8184924
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Kidman03(m): 12:46am On Apr 23, 2011
Satan lives in Northern Nigeria,
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Rossikk(m): 1:00am On Apr 23, 2011
obongtunji said

Obi's soul please dont sleep, hunt down those that have hand in your death, afterwards you can rest in peace.

Gbam!!!
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by akwarandu(m): 1:31am On Apr 23, 2011
may d blood of dis innocent citizen be on head of those who refused to keep to an agreement and went ahead to manipulate the election,there family will never no peace amen.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 23, 2011
LETS DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY NOWWWWWWWW angry angry angry, or else!!!!!!
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by fuke(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2011
I opened m laptop this morning to read this.

As a fathe, I felt sick from inside.

Those who killed this beautiful boy will never know peace.

Southerners should know that the only way to stop this is reprisals.

As a poster said, let us start with their top ones.

May this boys soul rest in peace.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 23, 2011
Now ppl are calling for a South? LOL!

Anywaz, many lives were lost. RIP to them all. smiley
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by fyomer: 8:17am On Apr 23, 2011
[quote authour=namfav] every northerner is a murderer, we are not celebrating anyone being killed here ok

[quote][/quote]
proof it, you coward that call black white.rubbish,95% no concience and you No 1 nonsense.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Now ppl are calling for a South? LOL!

Anywaz, many lives were lost. RIP to them all. smiley

^this reply, trite and frankly senseless

@post, i will address my reply to serving corpers, especially the INEC ad-hoc staff up north. You guys-adults by the way- are in the thick of it, even if you did not personally witness the murders of your comrades, i'm sure you have heard/seen enough to make you sleep with one eye open.
so, question is, what do you do? Do you look on as your lives are threatened with almost certain slaughter , or do you close ranks and plan your escape from the hell you have been dropped in?

I will advise you guys to down tools nationwide for the coming gubernatorials, at least to secure your lives if not demand justice.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by jikings(m): 9:30am On Apr 23, 2011
R.I.P Obino, cry cry cry I pray your family finds the grace to bear the loss. I never knew you but I feel the pain and may you find rest in the bossom of the lord. I hope the familes of the people that commited this act will never know peace all the days of their "useless" lives!!!! Unfortunatley we have a lame government overseeing a dying marriage between nothern and southern nigeria busy sharing our wealth instead of protecting our basic rights!!!!
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by fxmaxony(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2011
May all southerners, Christians, and lovers of progress hold their peace.

Though so sympathetic the killings may be.

the action of CPC supporters has murdered the support of the north during politics.

this is a targeted attempt for disruption of this transition.

Do not revenge now a southerner won an election. we shall pay them with their own coin at the right time.

Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb.

Meanwhile I am an Ibo man, and would have been so happy if this country will be split-ed into different sovereign states. which the CPC supporters would never want.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Chikobi: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2011
RIP Obinna!
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by snazzydawn(f): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2011
Obinna so it's really true? That tiny shred of hope we all held to that you may be missing,cos the boy who broke the news was not sure it was you has been broken. I've been in denial since Obi broke the news, calling your number since with the false hope that you'd pick and laugh it off,that you were safe and coming home. but to hear from Obi that you were burnt! What a painful way to go!
Rest in peace dear,they only killed your body,but your spirit will haunt them until they run mad and die most miserable deaths,every single one of them.
Re: The Murder Of Obinna Okpokiri by Abali1(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2011
On the eve of the NASS election I made some theories (albeit wild guess) that it may neither be GEJ or Buhari's camp that were behind the series of killings witnessed in this country since last year. I recall that I said that the bombing of INEC's office in Suleja maybe to scare corpers away from participating in the election, and that if I'm a parent or have any of my siblings serving in any part of the North I will immediately call the person to start heading home. I also said that if per chance GEJ lost the election and the MEND unleash their anger by taking up arms that the massacre that will follow in the SS will make Odi seem to be a child's play. I never mentioned anything being done to anyone that will riot in the North ('cos it was obvious to anything discerning soul that the North must riot and kill people, without having the cabal behind it brought to book).

What is my point; it is simply that this incidence will continue to be recurring decimal in our polity until we learn to hold our leaders responsible.
How; civil disobedience (in this instance, corpers being asked to boycott the electoral proceedings) even before it has started. I still don’t understand how a corper will be used as an INEC ad hoc staff, when the authorities fully know that they will not provide adequate security. If you look closely non of the BIG men children who are currently serving (I know for sure that some of the children of the elite are serving) will be involved as INEC ad hoc staff.

Even GEJ said it that, no politician is worth dying for, what he fails to tell us is that Corpers being used as INEC staff are on their own.
Let parents recall their children from the North, sitting at your system and typing that God will punish those behind the killings is not the solution. If parents start recalling their wards who are sent to the North to serve, the FGN will get the message that we are tired of having our children die in the name of NYSC.

RIP, TO IKECHUKWU, OBINNA AND THE OTHERS WHO LOST THEIR LIVES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyesiku Chairs American Neurological Surgeons Board / Believe It Or Not, Atiku Will Be The President-elect / You Are Jittery, PDP Tells APC over INEC Server hacking allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.