Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,738 members, 7,918,286 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:45 AM

Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? (1169 Views)

Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow / Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? / I Made A Widow Smiled Last Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by crespola: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2021
This thing has been bothering me for long, then I decided to bring it up here. Please I want to know who receives the pride price paid on a widow, is it paid to the woman's family or to the husband's family or it's not paid atall?
Marriage experts please your opinions are highly needed, thank you.
Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by Fortune2016(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2021
Do you have any widow you want to giveaway. cos my neighbor needs one.
Pls expert in the house do justice to the above question.
Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by doggedfighter(f): 10:54am On Apr 24, 2021
Did she go back to her father's house?

Does she have children for her late husband?
Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2021
Traditions differ. So we might not be your best plug for this particular quizz.

Thing is, some traditions may require the woman's family to return their sons bride price if they don't claim the widow or ask her to get married from the late husbands family (as is the practice in some places). So that the widow is free. while some may not even bother to ask for a refund or care about what the widow decides to do with herself. In this case you can go ahead and pay to her guardians.

I'll advise you go do your findings and get your facts from the widows family or her tribe to know their practices as regards this matter.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by VanDerWaalforces: 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
Traditions differ. So we might not be your best plug for this particular quizz.

Thing is, some traditions may require the woman's family to return their sons bride price if they don't claim the widow or ask her to get married from the late husbands family (as is the practice in some places). So that the widow is free. while some may not even bother to ask for a refund or care about what the widow decides to do with herself. In this case you can go ahead and pay to her guardians.

I'll advise you go do your findings and get your facts from the widows family or her tribe to know their practices as regards this matter.

Sorry to ask ma'am! Pls, which state are you from?
Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Why?
Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by adanny01(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2021
crespola:
This thing has been bothering me for long, then I decided to bring it up here. Please I want to know who receives the pride price paid on a widow, is it paid to the woman's family or to the husband's family or it's not paid atall?

Bride price is not to be collected twice on the same person by the same family .

The widow's family must liaise with the dead husband's family.

In my tradition, a widow's status is discussed well before she even starts dating. That's because we don't allow widow's to remarry with young children of hers. To remarry means she is leaving the family which also means leaving everything behind including her children if any and inheritance if her husband left any
Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by Vision101(m): 3:06am On Apr 25, 2021
crespo

Are you a widow or do you want to marry a widow?
Re: Who Is In The Right Position To Receive A Widow's Bride Price? by crespola: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2021
Am not a widower, just being curious. There are certain questions we seek answer, I don't know it all, so I decided to share for the sake of learning.
This issue on ground, based on the comments above, I have come to understand that it's purely based on the tradition involved. For further clarification, please don't hesitate to add your own comment, thank you all.

(1) (Reply)

Abia Multimillionaire, Chief Bourdex's Daughter Enlisted In US Army (PIX,VIDEO) / AA And Malaria.. Are You AA And How Are You Coping With Malaria? / Man Shares Pictures Of His Disabled Wife As She Gives Birth To Her Baby (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.